5.0 out of 5 stars German engineering. The BMW of KBs. And, NOT JUST for GAMING
Published 10 months ago by Unlucky Frank

3.0 out of 5 stars perfect for a large button keyboard
the buttons mimic your standard computer keyboard but add enough light for use in a dark lit area, some lights are brighter than others.
Published 6 months ago by Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars German engineering. The BMW of KBs. And, NOT JUST for GAMING, October 25, 2013
Unlucky Frank (Lalaland, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Perixx PX-1100, Backlit Keyboard - Red/Blue/Purple Illuminated Keys - Gaming Style Sollid 3.5lbs Design - Rubber Painting Surface - 20 Million Key-press Lifecycle - Brightness Control Wheel - 6 Feet Long Cable - Adjustable Palm rest (Accessory)
I'm not a gamer. I just needed an illuminated keyboard because I type and surf mostly at night and I'm tired of my desk lamp shining in my eyes and throwing shadows on my keyboard. Except for the tiny unlit MEDIA hot keys and LED COLOR SWITCH button, this is a well thought out design. (I'll rarely use the MEDIA keys. And I've already learned to use my right thumb nail for the perfectly placed COLOR SWITCH.)

This looks like an improvement over their previously released KBs. This is a heavy, solidly constructed KB. Large rubber feet at the corners to keep it from sliding around. A rubber coated border around the KB. Very solid adjustable forward-tilt feet underneath. Tactile no-slip rubber coated keys with good height and register. This ain't no laptop KB, kids. No key wobble here. My guess is that this KB is a DOME-SWITCH, which is a hybrid between a mechanical and a membrane. (My Dell dome-switch KB rocks! 8 years and still going. No sticking. No bad keys.) This is a full-size Standard Western KB. (NOTE: Amazon photos of the KB with the LED lights are for the European models.) The left side alpha pad measures 11" across. Perfect spacing on the keys. It's got the standard wide ENTER key. Indented CAPS LOCK. The SPACE BAR has a lovely spring to it. Individual letters and characters on the keys are white in the daylight but the LEDs illuminate them with color in the dark. There are 2 light bars that run along the side. There's 3 LED colors. Blue, red, and purple. I don't understand the complaints about the blue not being bright enough. (The DIAL you see in the photos is the LED dimmer.) If you can't see these keys with either the blue, red, or purple LED turned up, it's time to get a seeing-eye dog. Not too bright, but not too dim. It's perfect for me. And, I can't see jack. LOL. The purple works best IMHO. Yeah, the right number pad is a little less illuminated than the left side alpha pad. But, I refuse to knock this KB down a Star for a few small design flaws. Overall, this KB is a REAL BEAUTY. And, it's got more style and class than Justin Bieber. It looks awesome on my sliding desk tray.

The PX-1100 is USB plug and play. No software needed or included. No USB port or headphone jack. OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7, & 8. The User Manual tells you next to nothing except for the hot key functions. DUH.

Approx. dimensions: 19 & 1/2" wide. 7" long. 2 & 3/4" adjustable plastic palm rest. (Removable.)

I can't speak for gaming with this KB, but I suspect normal PC users will like it. You can just feel the quality. I've only been using it for a day and I already LOVE IT. I only hope the LEDs last as long as I suspect this KB will. And, you can turn the LEDs off during the day. Good price for an illuminated non-mechanical KB. This is a great find. Never heard of these guys, but PERIXX is definitely a PLAY-AH!

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perixx=Gaming, October 8, 2013
Even if you're not a gamer I'd still highly recommend this keyboard. The plastic isn't cheap or light at all. The keyboard itself actually has a little weight to it. When it comes to what it has to offer modern PC gamers, its almost quite literally packed for this price range. The rubberized keyboard is perfect for players with sweaty palms and fingers like me... It, of course, also provides excellent grip so finger sliding isn't an issue here. The palm rest is great too. It keeps my wrists/palms supported and I've experienced less knotting over long play sessions. The keyboard (without the built in stands up) seems to sort of... dip down forward. So you really can get two angles to try out. Using the stands works best for me. If you like to listen to music while you play, Perixx has you covered. To the left of the light intensity dial are [Forward/Backward], [Play/Pause] and [Stop] buttons. So far these are working perfectly for iTunes and I'd assume they work well for most media players. No more tabbing out to pause or move forward to another song! The volume buttons on the right however are mapped to the overall system audio. I don't really mind that as it's still quite handy sometimes. The function buttons are conveniently spaced in rows of 4's so they're very easy to align with hotkeys in games. Speaking more on the layout of the keyboard, the [Caps Lock] is slightly indented too to help reduce mis-hits during typing. However, I'm a very sporadic, scatter-minded gamer so every time I type to people online they tell me to calm down... On to the minor dislikes.

As is to be expected, the rubberized coating will collect some dust given the proper amount of time spent unused. As is with any other keyboard, dust will gather on low traffic keys. This board seems to collect at a slightly faster rate. This mostly occurs on the outer edges of the board for me but it's nothing a quick monthly wipe down won't fix. Another thing to mention is the light. While I was pleased with the quality and colors I do wish the blue was a little brighter. You may not have the same experience. This might be because my monitor is ridiculously bright. Also, the light is dimmer closer to the right end of the board. Minor dislike and it isn't really causing me any problems as the whole keyboard is still very visible in the dark. It's not so bad that it'll throw you off if you're a little OCD. Unless of course you're VERY OCD. Finally, I wish the side lights were a little bright or perhaps a little more well accented. I really just want them to stand out more. To be honest I didn't know they were there till someone across from my desk mentioned it.

It was pretty hard to pick at these cons as I am VERY pleased with the overall quality of this board.
+4 Stars for quality, usability, and concept/design.
-1 Star for: Minor nitpicking...
+1 Star for being a High Quality Underdog brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the nighttime gamer, September 12, 2013
I really like this keyboard, it is fairly quiet to type on and the back lighting is present without being overly blinding. You can select the colors that you prefer and the intensity of the lighting. My biggest concern was that in the picture it shows a European keyboard instead of an american one, don't worry, you won't have umlauts and other weird characters on your keyboard. The only issue I have had with the keyboard was that the wrist rest was a bit too bulky, but it comes right off so if you don't want to use it it's a simple fix.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Keyboard, a few minor complaints, October 11, 2013
I like how this fits the kind non-existent middle of the range keyboard category. It seemed my only choices were to spend either 10 or 90-$100.

As others have said it is solid, and "feels" worth the price. I especially like the soft rubber coating around the border of the keys. Some minor complaints:

No memory of backlit-color selection. As soon as you restart your computer, it's going back to blue. This brings me to my next point, in my eye's opinion, the blue they chose is poor for visibility. I would have liked a lighter shade. It could just be me, though it's immediately apparent that the red and pink make it easier to see the keys.

Full disclosure, now I'm nitpicking, the Caps/Num/Scroll lock does not change to the other non-blue colors, unlike every other LED on the keyboard. Also the volume, and Music Controls are too small and I would have liked more spacing between them.

They are also selling the PX3000, which implies it is better, though is selling for about the same price. It did not have as many reviews, and did not have music controls so I took this keyboard as the safer bet. This one has the LED bars on the side facing outwards, the 3000 looks like it has them facing upwards- which seems like it could be annoying. The 3000's LED color choice also looks really cool... this is where it would have been nice to see them all in store. In any case I am quite happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great keyboard, January 29, 2014
So far I'm loving this thing. It's reasonably quiet and the lights look good. When I built my new computer this keyboard was out of stock so I had bought the MadCatz v7 (also a great keyboard) which has a few more features than this and a heftier price tag, but it was just too big for my desk because of the programmable buttons that I don't need anymore with an 11-button mouse.

Pros: Solid and feels very well made, doesn't rattle, looks good, not huge, keys aren't noisy, easy dimmer and color control plus media buttons.

Cons: A couple of the keys are giving a little squeak when pressed (left shift, enter, and sometimes space that I've noticed) but I think once it breaks in that will stop. Not really a game changer anyway. When the computer is shut off and back on it defaults back to blue lighting. Not a big deal since the button to change it is "right there", but I had hoped it would save settings internally like the v7 did. Also I wish the volume buttons and dimmer knob were switched because I prefer a volume knob but that's just personal taste. I don't have it in me to deduct from my rating because of these things.

5.0 out of 5 stars How has no one bought/reviewed this before now?, April 23, 2013
It's an amazing keyboard, I've had it about and hour and I love it, the keys are nice and easy to press, it's got the typical mechanical feel/sound to it, but it's rather quiet for day use, for night when not much else is on and it's mostly quiet I could see the keys being a little loud. I tested the Back lighting on this and seems like it'll be more than bright. It's the nicest looking and feeling keyboard I've ever had the privilege of using, I'm coming off a Logitech keyboard.

The spacing is a bit different than I'm used to, but I'm already getting the hang of it, it comes with a "dimmer switch" style brightness control, 3 different colors as seen in the pictures, the USB cable is perfect length, and I like the detachable "wrist guard/rest" my desk has a bar on the front of the keyboard tray, so I placed it on top of it, with the stands on the back up, it works very well.

It's made/designed in Germany comes with a 2-year warranty, if this is the quality of all products made in Germany, I will definitely seek out their manufacturing again in the future. All the little "shortcut" keys like volume and playback control work great and are very responsive. Not much more I can say about this keyboard atm, I'll update at a later date, but if your looking for a backlit keyboard, spend a little more than the $25/30 one's on here and get this, you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars satisfactory, August 9, 2013
I love the Perixx PX-1100. the keys are easy to use The multi color illumination with the dimmer control is nice to have when you want the use the computer in the dark! The wrist support attachment puts your hands in a good position, the angle adjustment option keeps the keyboard at a nice angle, and the keyboard itself is sturdy with some nice weight to it so it doesn't slide around at all. an all around good keyboard! glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Keyboard, April 25, 2014
My house was robbed a few months ago by some hoodlums, and they stole my previous keyboard, a Saitek Eclipse II. It was an amazing keyboard, but Saitek no longer makes them. I even wrote them an e-mail asking if they could special-make me a new one. Amazingly, the people at Saitek sent me a reply saying that this keyboard, Perixx brand, was the exact same keyboard with a slight color and design difference.

I was thrilled, bought one here on Amazon, and have been using it every day. Excellent, heavy-duty, solid keyboard. And by heavy duty and solid, I mean it's not made of cheap materials. The thing is very weighty and feels sturdy. If my house gets robbed again, I could use it as a blunt weapon to fend off the invaders. It's THAT sturdy.

I'm very pleased with this keyboard, and will recommend it to anybody who wants a back-lit keyboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, exactly like the Saitek eclipse II keyboard., November 10, 2013
Clyde Doggy (Cypress, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Works great and has a very comfortable feel. The keyboard's default color on startup is blue. Despite the pictures posted online the keyboard is in ENGLISH. There are no foreign characters on the keyboard. (I have posted updated pictures.)

3.0 out of 5 stars perfect for a large button keyboard, February 25, 2014