5.0 out of 5 stars The right (and best) stuff.
Published 21 months ago by rullywow

3.0 out of 5 stars the tubes were missing the caps/pointer on the tips, I need 6 of them at no charge to satisfy my customers please
The product was missing the cap/pointer tip on all of them and my customers would still like to have them, I need 6 toatls from the two orders I placed.
Published 15 months ago by Steven Hice

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The right (and best) stuff., April 4, 2013
This review is from: Permatex 51813 Anaerobic Gasket Maker, 50 ml Tube (Automotive)
This is the best stuff out there. It's anerobic so it only hardens in the absence of oxygen. Any excess will flow through the system and not gum up anything important (oil passages especially.) Resealed a Subaru EJ25 oil pan and the oil separator plate and it worked great. The tube was a little hard to squeeze near the end but ended up working awesome. Highly recommended. I used to be a big fan of the Ultra Grey, but this works even better.

5.0 out of 5 stars correct for gasketless timing covers, oil pans, etc, September 22, 2011
This is the stuff that is a direct equivalent for Loctite 518...only a much better price. I use it for SAAB engine covers and oil pan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Permatex 51813 Anaerobic Gasket Maker, June 10, 2011
Same product as Loctite 518 (as a matter of fact Permatex & Loctite are the same Company),but at a much lower cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, May 27, 2014
I used this to make a leak proof seal when I added a drain plug (Dorman 65241 AutoGrade Oil Drain Plug) to my transmission pan. I had read many stories of these drain plugs leaking after install, and saw a cure for this was to use Anaerobic Gasket maker.
Since I only needed a little, I got the smallest tube for less than $5. Great deal IMO, could not find it an 2 of the big box auto parts stores, and the one that did have it wanted $10 for it.

So far so good, no leaks from the drain plug, so hopefully I will not have any issue with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best sealer on the market, October 18, 2010
this stuff really works but it is hard to get the part off after it has sealed. You have to sometimes use heat. I do not use silicone sealers because they always end up leaking while this stuff is like a glue that hardens without oxygen and has never leaked for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff., March 12, 2014
I first used it on a BMW thermostat housing - was putting the car back together, realized I did not have a gasket. I figured I'd seal it up with this to get home, order a gasket, put the gasket in the next day.

A year later, I had to get back into the motor for something....oh, yeah, I never put a gasket in there. Sold. I use it to dress gaskets, or, in a pinch, make gaskets if none available - 518 is amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gooey sealant, November 18, 2014
T. Metzner (Red Lake, Ontario / Mound City, KS) - See all my reviews
This stuff is a great sealer / gasket maker. I wipe a thin film on one side of a gasket to stick it in place and sometimes on both sides if I figure I won't need to disassemble it again... some applications on my outboards require occasional disassembly and i don't like to replace the gaskets if I can avoid it. It is nice and gooey and seems to seal every application I've used it on including the axle housing flange and differential covers on my 4x4 Silverado.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey, look, Permatex! Doing what it's supposed ..., July 12, 2014
Hey, look, Permatex! Doing what it's supposed to do. I choose to spend the extra and get anaerobic when my FSM calls for it. Never let me down yet, at least when I've installed it, can't say the same for the A-hole mechanic who didn't clean the surfaces when I paid him to do the work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Godsend., July 3, 2014
Used this to fix my Airsoft GBB pistol leaky magazines, unbelievable! I have tried everything from silicone oil to teflon tape and this stuff right here worked first try! If you are attempting to fix a leaking Airsoft GBB magazine, apply this to the threads of the intake/exhaust ports, let it sit overnight, then gas em up and get to work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff!, June 24, 2014
This stuff is great works so much better than the typical RTV, I have used in the past. Definitely recommend for anything with split cases motorcycyles Subaru porsche etc

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›