Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on September 25, 2011
I almost never rate anything, but after putting this on, I had to rush to the computer and warn anyone who wants to spend money on it: IT SMELLS LIKE SOMETHING DIED. It may give great results in the end. I do not know because I couldn't stand the smell and washed it off!!
11 comment41 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2013
I am a firm believer in Dr. N.V. Perricone's products. I only developed a skincare regimen at least a decade past when people are usually advised to. I washed my face with whatever shampoo I was using well into my 30's! Sun protection...not in my youth! Had a few very bad sunburns as a teenager. Now, of course, I've been careful with sun protection probably for at least 12-15 years. And, that's probably about the length of time, I've taken care of my skin.

I do have sensitive facial skin, but I can use Dr. Perricone's products. This was probably around my 3rd jar of COLD PLASMA for Face (so, even though it may seem to be costly (& this was a very good price through this Amazon merchant, Payless Beauty). COLD PLASMA lasts a long time; you only need to apply a small amount on your fingertip...well, 2 fingertips' worth to cover entire face well. I've also been using COLD PLASMA for Eyes (not as long) & COLD PLASMA SUB-D (for neck; just started using that one; only noticed jawline changing this year & now that's stopping...after only about a month's use!!)

I feel that COLD PLASMA MUST be keeping lines, wrinkles & loss of elasticity at bay (from compliments I get about my skin!!)...I've been using COLD PLASMA/Face for at least several years now, and my only troubles that I don't care for are 2 marks from past sun damage & they're each right under where my sunglasses stop & where the sun comes in from the car. So, this is the only thing it doesn't seem to help with. It seems as though all skincare lines tout vitamin C products for that; but any that I've tried, I have a sensitivity to vit. c (can't use it).

I highly recommend COLD PLASMA/Face (actually all COLD PLASMA products!! as well as Amazon's merchant, Payless Beauty) I am always making up my own small samples to give to friends. Mostly they stop & complain about the smell. I see from other online reviews that seems to be a problem for clients trying Perricone products. BUT, STAY WITH IT; YOU WON'T BE SORRY! The smell dissipates only moments after you put the product(s) on & doesn't linger at all. It's much more tolerable & safe (esp. for we "sensitives") as there's no fragrance added! Fragrance is the #1 irritant in skincare & cosmetics. Dr. Perricone's products' odors are the natural smell of the ingredients. The results are sooooooo well worth a couple of moments of a, perhaps, somewhat, unpleasant, odor. I'm usually very highly sensitive w/fragrances, and I have no troubles at all with any of Dr. Perricone's products, especially COLD PLASMA. Not only do I feel it works, I LOVE the texture of COLD PLASMA & the way it feels going on (it DOES feel cold!), as well as the texture of my skin all the time, now. COLD PLASMA keeps the elasticity & tautness, & it still feels supple, too! I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ALL AGES (it's never too late to start & it's never too early to begin!!)
11 comment33 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2011
I have become an addict of Dr. Perricone products. They are expensive, yes - but they deliver by far the best results of any comparably priced skin care creams and lotions and potions.

Cold Plasma Face and Cold Plasma Eyes are both remarkably good creams and I would give them 5 stars and purchase again in a heartbeat. If only it wasn't for that smell... I am normally not too sensitive about odors or anything else, and am willing to suffer (a little) for beauty - but the smell of Cold Plasma line is a dealbreaker for me. I was hoping I'd get used to it after a while but no, it still makes me gag. Just can't do it, regardless of how good the results are :-(

Dr. Perricone - PLEASE do something to change, neutralize or cover up the smell of your otherwise wonderful Cold Plasma products. You would have so many more even more happy customers.
11 comment49 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2013
The smell is over rated...its not bad at all and is a great product...does the job over a few months and treats your skin well.
on September 6, 2013
Yes it smells like fish, and yes the smell goes away in mere seconds. Yes it's expensive, but it's your FACE! Cold Plasma is a lightweight moisturizer that doesn't make my super oily skin oiler and has improved my complexion ten fold! I love my fish juice! It's worth every single penny.
0Comment23 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2011
I am unsure from reading the ingredients list but this smells like low tide and I am not kidding. I wouldn't care if it gave me the skin of a 20-year-old because I would not be able to use it long enough to find out. Came as a freebie with a Sephora order. Seriously. Like rotten fish.
0Comment29 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2011
When I first read about the Cold Plasma cream I was very excited in getting it, but when the cream arrived and I opened the jar I thought I was going to vomit. The cream smells terrible. It is very unfortunate that I can not returned the product.
on May 19, 2013
The first two ingredients are water and glycerin - they are cheap. In fact very cheap, that is what you are paying for.
The smell is from DMAE which is the skin firming agent in the cream. You are paying for packaging, and little else that cannot be purchased elsewhere for much, much cheaper. In fact get some dmae capsule and mix it into a jar of drugstore cream and you have made your own skin firming cream, while you are at it, if e cream does not have any glycerin you can add some.
0Comment67 of 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 8, 2014
This makes my almost 65 yr old skin feel quite smooth and provides enough hydration that I occasionally forget to follow it with a moisturizer. Before I started using this I was experiencing a pimple here and there and I've never had issues with them previously. Cold Plasma has helped to keep my skin clear and very smooth. I use it morning and night.
on April 9, 2012
This product smells AWFUL and I am huge Perricone fan! It doesn't do anything great and has a lingering fishy odor, strong enough to make you gag.