5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for trim men
Published on March 26, 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the "Modern Fit!"
Published on September 20, 2012 by eddierey

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for trim men, March 26, 2011
This review is from: Perry Ellis Men's Portfolio Modern Fit Flat Front Bengaline Pant (Apparel)
[review written by my husband]I've looked for pants that fit like this for over a year with no luck. I'm 5'9" and weigh about 165 so slim fitting pants work best for me. I've bought other brands that claim to be 'slim' but they're baggy or the rise is too high. These however are neither. They are truly slim-cut for a neat, crisp look and have a lower rise so I don't look like my pants are pulled up to my chest. What's more the fabric is a nice weight so they drape well and the Navy color is truly a clean solid dark blue. I just bought two pair and love them. If you're looking for a nice pair of slacks for daily work wear, these certainly hit the mark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pants, March 4, 2011
Good pants. They aren't baggy in the seat like a lot of dress pants. They hang nice with a nice fabric. I was worried about getting them because they are 77% polyester however they have enough rayon that they look more like a wool pant than polyester This is my second pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars I own 4 pairs...I LOVE these, May 4, 2012
Steve H. (Seattle, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
I LOVE these pants! Machine washable and look like really nice dress pants. They fit very well. The sizing is very accurate. I started with one pair and have been buying different colors as my old, much more expensive pants wear out. I was using Calvin Klein wash and wear dress pants on sale ~$80-100 a pair and these actually look dressier. The Kleins have a softer knap but these have the dressier, smoother appearance...like dry-clean only pants, only they come out of the wash that way! They really do look close to my all-wool pants. I would have no problem wearing these at important business meetings or fancy restaurants...they don't look like cheap polyester pants. I've had some for well over a year now and they still look great. On my oldest pair, the back pocket was starting to pull apart from the fabric, but those are two years old and get worn once a week AND I've outgrown them (I'm on a diet now and trying to got back down one size!) AND I keep one of those fat, George Costanza wallets in that pocket. By the way...I was buying these at Macy's where they list at $79 (except with coupons and sales)...these are a great deal here!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the "Modern Fit!", September 20, 2012
These pants are great. They fit well and are a steal at the price. HOWEVER....Perry Ellis makes two models of these pants. One is called Travel-Luxe and the other is called Neo-Luxe. The Travel-Luxe are "City Fit," which is a slightly looser fit and the Neo-Luxe are "Modern Fit," which is the more slim fit. These were advertized as "Modern Fit" but they were not. In fact, the part of the tag that says "City Fit" was removed. The Travel-Luxe tag was intact.

I'm keeping them anyway because the real "Modern Fit" ones are apparently facing global shortage (I can't find them anywhere online or in stores) and these are great pants....just a little less slim fitting. But if you really must have the "Modern Fit," this isn't it....keep shopping.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality is good- but.., February 25, 2013
J. Dunn (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
...when measured to the waist of the same pants I bought six months ago, they were about an inch smaller, so I had to return them. So, if you are ordering these pants, I would recommend ordering an inch larger in the waist. the lengh was perfect, however.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not That Happy With My Purchase, April 3, 2013
I purchased these trousers in Chinchilla and Beach. Beware that the actual colors are darker than as shown in the pictures. Unlike all my other Perry Ellis Portfolio trousers, the material used for these "Bengaline" trousers are slightly thinner and wrinkle easily. I still like the modern and city fit styles, but will not be purchasing anymore of these particular trousers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, February 3, 2013
Fit just nice. Beyond my expectation. Great. Would definitely buy again. Would recommend everybody to buy. The material feels good against your skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Fit, Finish, and Appearance!, December 5, 2014
My first experience with Perry Ellis Men's Portfolio Modern Fit Flat Front Solid Bengaline Pants and I am completely satisfied!

Fit is true to size. The Modern Fit rides more comfortably on your hips and is slightly shorter in the crotch than conventional pants. The fabric drapes nicely and is of high quality, as is the stitching and finishing. The fabric has a backing, something which virtually all other pants at this price do not have. Buttons are very securely sewn on and then reinforced with thread wound around the stitching. Very nice detail to the buttons! Fabric ends are sewn & finished to prevent fraying. Pockets are deep, well constructed, and offer internal dividers for phones and change or keys. The fabric of the pants is responsive to movement and flexes and gives with you. These pants are extremely comfortable and I LOVE THEM!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit, Great Look, October 2, 2014
As a slimmer, shorter guy, I haven't found a pair of pants that fits me better than these do. They're not baggy, they don't bunch up, and the 29" length is perfect for me. I don't have to get them tailored, which is rare amongst pants for me. The tapered fit looks amazing and feels comfortable. The fabric is light in weight, of high quality, and looks leagues better than your standard cotton twill. These pants just plain look good.

I can't yet speak for the durability of the pant, but if it's anything like other Perry Ellis Portfolio items, then I expect only good things from them. I've had pants from this line that have so far gone through a year of being worn once or twice weekly without a single visible sign of wear or degradation.

2.0 out of 5 stars The pant looks good on, but has no room for your, August 25, 2014
The modern fit pant is not cut for men with a muscular build in the seat, thigh, and inseam. The pant looks good on, but has no room for your...things...to move about while in a seated, crouched, or bent leg position. Also, it seemed that the waist size was running small/tight. I have actually been slimming down lately and had trouble fitting into my typical size (36/30) of this pant. I tried on all 5 colors including a modern fit pant in grey with stripes and the result was the same. I own a few of the previous style of Perry Ellis pants which I wear routinely to work (and thoroughly enjoy), but these will not do as replacements. I will need to search further for a more relaxed fitting pant in the seat, thigh, and inseam...