5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for trim men
Published on March 26, 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the "Modern Fit!"
Published 22 months ago by eddierey

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for trim men, March 26, 2011
This review is from: Perry Ellis Men's Portfolio Modern Fit Flat Front Solid Bengaline Pant (Apparel)
[review written by my husband]I've looked for pants that fit like this for over a year with no luck. I'm 5'9" and weigh about 165 so slim fitting pants work best for me. I've bought other brands that claim to be 'slim' but they're baggy or the rise is too high. These however are neither. They are truly slim-cut for a neat, crisp look and have a lower rise so I don't look like my pants are pulled up to my chest. What's more the fabric is a nice weight so they drape well and the Navy color is truly a clean solid dark blue. I just bought two pair and love them. If you're looking for a nice pair of slacks for daily work wear, these certainly hit the mark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pants, March 4, 2011
Good pants. They aren't baggy in the seat like a lot of dress pants. They hang nice with a nice fabric. I was worried about getting them because they are 77% polyester however they have enough rayon that they look more like a wool pant than polyester This is my second pair.

5.0 out of 5 stars I own 4 pairs...I LOVE these, May 4, 2012
Steve H. (Seattle, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
I LOVE these pants! Machine washable and look like really nice dress pants. They fit very well. The sizing is very accurate. I started with one pair and have been buying different colors as my old, much more expensive pants wear out. I was using Calvin Klein wash and wear dress pants on sale ~$80-100 a pair and these actually look dressier. The Kleins have a softer knap but these have the dressier, smoother appearance...like dry-clean only pants, only they come out of the wash that way! They really do look close to my all-wool pants. I would have no problem wearing these at important business meetings or fancy restaurants...they don't look like cheap polyester pants. I've had some for well over a year now and they still look great. On my oldest pair, the back pocket was starting to pull apart from the fabric, but those are two years old and get worn once a week AND I've outgrown them (I'm on a diet now and trying to got back down one size!) AND I keep one of those fat, George Costanza wallets in that pocket. By the way...I was buying these at Macy's where they list at $79 (except with coupons and sales)...these are a great deal here!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the "Modern Fit!", September 20, 2012
These pants are great. They fit well and are a steal at the price. HOWEVER....Perry Ellis makes two models of these pants. One is called Travel-Luxe and the other is called Neo-Luxe. The Travel-Luxe are "City Fit," which is a slightly looser fit and the Neo-Luxe are "Modern Fit," which is the more slim fit. These were advertized as "Modern Fit" but they were not. In fact, the part of the tag that says "City Fit" was removed. The Travel-Luxe tag was intact.

I'm keeping them anyway because the real "Modern Fit" ones are apparently facing global shortage (I can't find them anywhere online or in stores) and these are great pants....just a little less slim fitting. But if you really must have the "Modern Fit," this isn't it....keep shopping.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality is good- but.., February 25, 2013
J. Dunn (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
...when measured to the waist of the same pants I bought six months ago, they were about an inch smaller, so I had to return them. So, if you are ordering these pants, I would recommend ordering an inch larger in the waist. the lengh was perfect, however.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not That Happy With My Purchase, April 3, 2013
I purchased these trousers in Chinchilla and Beach. Beware that the actual colors are darker than as shown in the pictures. Unlike all my other Perry Ellis Portfolio trousers, the material used for these "Bengaline" trousers are slightly thinner and wrinkle easily. I still like the modern and city fit styles, but will not be purchasing anymore of these particular trousers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding pants, December 26, 2011
V. Hall (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
Truly outstanding. Great fit and finish. Quality materials. No loose ends or poor sew lines. Very comfortable tall wasteband with clasp and button closure. Seem to be fairly wrinkle free so far. I'll be buying another pair in another color! Amazed for the price point.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little small, March 24, 2013
Beautiful pants however didn't fit well. They were tight in the thigh. These pants are great fabric and awesome quality. However I had to send them back due to the size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, February 3, 2013
Fit just nice. Beyond my expectation. Great. Would definitely buy again. Would recommend everybody to buy. The material feels good against your skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perry Ellis for the WIN, July 12, 2014
These pants are the most comfortable, good looking, versatile slacks I have ever worn. I have the black and "beach" khaki colors, and the colors are still going strong a year later, so I'm here to buy some more. I bought these at a department store (Macy's), which no longer carries this "older" version of Perry Ellis pant, too bad for them because I will continue to buy these online until they are no longer imported! For my job as as a corporate pilot, nothing else compares, these have everything I need in a traveling pair of slacks. First, they look top notch, these pants are modern and taper in a way that doesn't make me look like an old man (I'm not). Second, these pants breathe so well! This is very important to me being that I wear dress slacks in the middle of the summer. These polyester blend of slacks don't get me all hot and bothered like other slacks that are made with heavy cotton, although they look like a much higher quality than any polyester cloth I have ever seen; I look like I own the plane, rather than just fly it for a living! Third, the material of these pants are semi stretchy (pliable), meaning they flex when I'm doing work related tasks like crawling under a wing or trying to climb into the cockpit, which adds to their lasting comfort. Lastly, the material is nearly wrinkle free, these pants just don't crack under pressure; stuff them in your luggage and know you won't have to worry about working out the wrinkles as much as those other "average" slacks; and if these pants are wrinkled, a quick toss in the dryer, or a hang in a steamy bathroom flattens these babies out in a matter of minutes. I have tried to convince a couple of my friends to buy these pants, but they think I'm crazy. Well, I'm not, these are golden A+ pants, and I'm taking them with me to my grave. Total win.

Rate and Discover Movies