Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: DVD|Change

on December 31, 2012
[Update]
Amazon listened to its customers. They took the original offering off the market until they could figure out what was going on. And have now put it back up for $20 less than the original price. I am not to concerned about liner notes, as some have mentioned that they are not matching the episodes. As long as the episodes are different from 8.1, and are from the 8th season, I am fine with it.

Have just ordered 8.2 here on Amazon. I know my wife and I are both looking forward to seeing these classics again, and without comercials !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wife and I love to watch the Perry Mason shows (Five Star for fun).
Have all the DVDs 1.1 -> 8.1
And, have purchased them all (so far) from Amazon.

However, I will NOT be purchasing 8.2 from Amazon for the stupid high price of $55.
The price on this needs to drop to $35 or less.
Especially now that Amazon in charging tax in my state.
33 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2013
The Perry Mason Season 8 Volume 2 is a major ripoff for several reasons. These are (1) the high price - which would be partially acceptible except for the fact that (2) the liner notes have absolutely no relationship to the titles and the actual programming. How could such a total screwup get past the editors? and (3) the quality of the disk is poor - I have never seen more viewing glitches and on the second program, had to restart the disk because it would not track thru.

I am an Amazon customer who has purchased every one of these Perry Mason cds because I enjoy the programming. However, this disk is a travesty. I would ask that Amazon reissue it with correct liner notes, with the playing glitches corrected, free to all customers who have purchased it so far. For those of you thinking about buying this one, you might want to hold off.
1212 comments|89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2012
What is with the high price for the second half of Perry Mason Season 8? Whoa!! I feel like amazon is taking advantage of fans.
66 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2012
50 bucks? Are you nuts? The product rates at 5 stars but the price rates at 1 star. The rich get richer ALL THE TIME. UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I gave it one star because of the price but now I am reading that the product is flawed as well. Is there such a thing as HALF a star?
on January 6, 2013
As a lifelong devotee of Perry Mason in print and on TV, I'm shocked at the absurd pricing of Series 8.2. Even though the episodes are noticeably less consistent and the quality of the writing is lapsing in the series' waning years, I would gladly continue to purchase them. At this price I'll wait!
on January 15, 2013
I talked myself into buying Season 8 Volume 2 even though the price is totally unfair and outrageous. So I open it up and pop it into the video out of sequence (I put in disc 2 first because I was looking for an episode I'd seen once as a teenager) based on the description of the episode in the DVD jacket. Well, the description was totally wrong. Lo and behold, the next episode was also described incorrectly. I checked the IMDB and compared the descriptions. So not only do we pay a ridiculous amount for 15 episodes; the packaging is not even correct. I actually want my money back. This is absurd.
44 comments|24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2012
-Mason is on the case after a number of dvd buyers end up being screwed to death.

DAMN PARAMOUNT....THINK YOU CAN JACK UP THE PRICE ANY HIGHER? I GUESS JUST BECAUSE PM IS COMING TO AN END....PARAMOUNT HASN'T MADE ENOUGH MONEY SO THEY'RE JACKING UP THE PRICE FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF SEASONS.

5 STARS FOR PERRY MASON, 0 STARS FOR PARAMOUNT
33 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2013
The quality of the DVD is fine, the price is a little high but the real irritation is the messed up liner notes. The titles of the episodes are correct but the descriptions are not even from Season 8 - they appear to be from Season 7! If you are a fan and are looking for a specific episode but do not know the name of the episode, only a vague recollection of the subject matter, these liner notes will be of no help at all. Hopefully CBS will correct this error and if so, I certainly hope those of us who purchased this DVD set will be able to get a corrected set of liner notes.
on November 16, 2012
Let me begin by saying I am, and always have been, a tremendous Perry Mason fan. It is with great regret that I see the price that Amazon has given this set. $50 dollars? Oh, come on!!! I buy frequently from Amazon, but this price may force me to look elsewhere. If I cannot get the set for less, I may be forced to watch for the episodes on television and record them for myself or worst case scenario, do without. I am sure these episodes are excellent but I gave it 1 star because I feel that someone has gotten greedy and jacked up the price. How sad.
66 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2013
Just thrilled to receive and own Perry Mason Season 8, Volume 2, as I am an avid fan and am collecting all seasons of this wonderful show. The video and audio quality of these discs is once again great. And I am looking forward very much to a release of the final season of Perry Mason, which I will definitely purchase.
However, I want Paramount Home Entertainment to be told about their big mistake with this DVD: The episode descriptions in the liner notes are all WRONG. They describe 15 episodes from Perry Mason Season 7 (Vol. 1) with air dates from 9/26/1963 to 1/16/64. Only the episode titles are correct in the liner notes of the Season 8, Vol. 2 DVD. This mistake with the episode descriptions makes this particular release sloppy and unfortunate - not a perfect addition to a collection that is, by the way, costing quite a bit to acquire.