Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
asked by Roger Washington on April 14, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 78 answers
A
Rick Maynard answered on April 23, 2009
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Send it back ASAP
As it in warranty as Error 99 is a general error some time due to a out of range setting in manual mode setting in the camera, bad lens and flash mounts plus more
one thing to remember digital cameras with auto lens are very complex thing
Thus more things to go wrong.

Canon makes a ton of these, so some can be bad which is why we have warranty's
D. Hardingham answered on May 2, 2007
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, ERR99 is often the result of a lens problem. It can sometimes be caused by using an older incompatible lens or by a lens that's malfunctioning. For example, I've seen ERR99s when trying old incompatible lenses whenever I tried to stop down the lens. Another time, a lens had developed a sticky aperture diaphram intermittantly causing the error whenever I used a smaller aperture. See if the ERR99 stops when you shoot with a wide open aperture and returns when you shot at, say, f8.
Technology Guy answered on June 16, 2007
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm getting error99 due to the flash. If I put it into no flash mode the camera operates fine, just the pix are crap.
J Mallory answered on September 29, 2007

A
Amazon Customer answered on October 18, 2009
Comments (2) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mr. A. B. Hudson answered on November 30, 2009

A
Technology Guy answered on November 30, 2009

A
M. Noman answered on June 19, 2009

A
Leonard Rasch answered on October 17, 2009

A
Hi, thank you so much for the speedy reply! I have performed a reset on the camera, as well as removing both the battery pack and the watch battery, to no avail. I did think of trying an external flash unit, and am currently trying to borrow one from a friend who has a genuine Canon unit to see if this will work. I have also contacted a UK Canon-approved repairer to get a quote, so I should hopefully soon know how much I can expect to pay. Thanks again for your help in the matter. Kind Regards, Andy
Mr. A. B. Hudson answered on November 30, 2009
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next ›

See all questions about this product