Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 20, 2011
"Person of Interest" is by far the best new drama on television this year, in my opinion. The writing and acting are top notch, and the characters of Finch (Michael Emerson) and Reese (Jim Caviezel) have great chemistry together. I was hooked from the very first episode, and I look forward to purchasing the DVD so I can rewatch the entire series again (without commercials). I really enjoy this show and look forward to watching every week, and I just hope that CBS recognizes that this show deserves to be renewed for another season (and many more).

JUST EDITED this review to add that I would LOVE to see "Person of Interest" added to the Amazon Instant Video Library. I would purchase the entire season AND also the DVD when it becomes available. This show is worth every penny, trust me.
1313 comments|323 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2011
Person Of Interest is the best new show of 2011. If you liked the Equalizer, Burn Notice, and shows where people with special skills help and save the threatened, the indigent, and the underdog and where the bad guys get their comeuppance, and frequently permanent comeuppance, you will thoroughly enjoy Person Of Interest. Great show, and worth your time to watch.
55 comments|159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2011
This show is excellent entertainment. Complex, complicated characters, good acting, and a premise of special individuals trying to save the innocent while staying anonymous! Similar to the original premise of Batman (or The Equalizer), these individuals risk arrest or death if they're caught, yet are compelled to make amends for past bad deeds by helping the innocent and punishing the evildoers.
Lets hope CBS recognizes just how well this story is done and keeps it around for more than one season.
0Comment|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2012
This is a great show. The acting is great, and the chemistry between the characters is really good too. There is just enough tension between the two main characters to make it interesting, yet you realize that there are good feelings too. The supporting cast is first rate. The quality of the episodes makes it seem as if they were produced as if it were a movie.

I am surprised though that they are waiting this long to release the DVD. The DVD release is just prior (I believe) to the start of the 2nd season. I would have thought that, based on word of mouth from people telling their friends how good the series is, that the producers would want to get this DVD out sooner so people who didn't watch it could catch up. I'm sure they have their own reasons.

Regardless, an excellent show, and the best I've seen since 24. Of course can't comment on the quality of the DVDs or the extras (not released yet) but I have a feeling that I will be purchasing this DVD when it is released.
44 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2012
My comments concern plot (no spoilers).

This show takes what seems like a stereotyped theme and really plays with it, leaving the watcher never quite sure what is going to happen next. Good balance between story line and character development.

The relationships move quickly and develop, flashbacks are never quite what you expected, and the typical pattern of "guys on the run who help people" theme never quite gets old because the writers never fall prey to routine.

They also refused to fall prey to the "stretching out the tension" routine. Hidden identities and tensions are often resolved within a couple of episodes rather than stretching them out for dramatic effect. New underlying hidden story lines suddenly emerge. For example, the romantic thing in "Castle" has been drawn out way too far, as well as the "death of Kate's mom" story line. Castle got boring (took two seasons). Burn notice got boring (took three seasons). Glades got boring Took one and a half seasons). we might like the characters, but its business as usual every episode.

But not Person of interest (so far). It keeps coming in fresh and things end at the most random and unexpected times. In a television world where stretching things out to appease the executives and advertisers is common (remember the 4th and 5th season of Lost?)Person of Interest so far has my undivided interest.

I highly recommend it.
on October 24, 2011
I love how you don't know if the Person of Interest is the target or the perpetrator. And the use of technology is appropriate for this day and age. Jim Caviezel is mesmorizing! I find him fascinating to watch. And Michael Emerson is a very multi-dimensional actor (anyone who watched him on Lost I feel would agree). If you miss an episode...just go to [..]cbs to watch them for free! (hopefully there will be a dvd released by Amazon!)
on January 12, 2012
Michael Emerson and Jim Caviezel as a team was *genius* casting. I already loved Michael Emerson - he is such a compelling actor, and somehow layers his characters beautifully. The surprise to me was the chemistry with Caviezel as his partner; they are funny, well-matched, and work hand in glove. Every scene with them is seamless. Their acting is at a Broadway/major film level, not television. They are amazing.

The writing is great, and becomes increasingly complex, as well as consistently intelligent. Taraji P. Henson and Kevin Chapman are also very good in their roles. This show had me within the first 20 minutes and I'm totally hooked now. I only pray that CBS takes the hint from the fact they won the People's Choice Awards for favorite new TV drama and ensures a season 2 - this show deserves a long run.
on October 17, 2011
Most of the other current/new shows are on amazon's instant video--why not person of interest. This is a great show and I have been watching re-runs on the CBS website because each time you watch and episode again, you discover something you missed the first time. This is a great show--a smart show--one of the best new shows out there. CBS will eventually take these episodes down--I would like to buy/download and keep them on amazon. Waiting for the DVD could take a year perhaps. I guess my point is others are up--why not "Person of Interest".
on June 15, 2012
It's been a long, long time since I found a program that was worth investing an hour of my life in each week. POI is, in fact, this caliber of a series. Creative, intelligent well written plots are maximized by the synergy created by, in my view, highly unlikely partners in "crime". The pacing of the program holds the viewers interest from the start until the final moments of each episode. The classic "red herrings" add another degree of interest, no pun intended and, thankfully, there is just enough "guy stuff" like guns, fights and other action that we like, to create, what I believe, is the best series on television. Caviezel has established himself as, in contemporary terms, a bad ass, yet one with class and compassion. For those old enough to recall, The Equalizer, in some ways, resembles the series. No only in appearance but in quality. I wish the crew, creators, actors and all associated with this fine series the best of success. My hope, and sincerest wish, is that this great program is running for many years to come.
on December 27, 2011
I had pretty much abandoned TV, with all it's banal sit-coms and reality shows cluttering up prime time.

But I watched the POI pilot on the off chance that CBS might actually have something to offer with this scripted drama. That, and the fact that JJ Abrams was involved in its creation led me to turn to the "idiot box" again.

Wow! Was I glad I did! This show is terrific! It may be fiction, but the series premise is not so far from our reality (just google "Public Surveillance Cameras" !)

As for the story line, the two main characters, portrayed admirably by Caviezal and Emerson, form an intriguing combo...in the beginning evidencing a wary acceptance of each others skills, then over several episodes moving into mutual respect, and now seemingly morphing into a caring partnership. Writers niggardly reveal their backgrounds; every week viewers are given just a smidgen of their personal information...just enough to whet the appetite for more.

If you prefer procedural shows like CSI, Law & Order, or Bones, and consider time developing characters as a waste of film, then you may not appreciate POI. It is a scripted drama that weekly offers an interesting puzzle but concentrates on characterizations, both in the recurring roles and new ones brought into the plots.

So well done CBS! I know that you only approved a full 22 episodes because of it's "surprisingly" high ratings...but kudos for at least giving this show a chance to shine.

EDITED: Not only did CBS add another episode to Season 1, for a total now of 23...the show was among the first to receive the order for a second season. (Of course with some 14-15 million viewers for each episode CBS knew that it had a blockbuster winner in their stable!)