5.0 out of 5 stars What a Deal!
Wow, this is a great hammock for the price. It is very large and inviting. I was pleased that the cotton rope is so soft, and no knots to pinch you. I looked at several others online and in stores and this is the highest quality for such a good price. You will need to hang it a little higher than a single hammock, because it is so large.
Published on June 13, 2006 by B. Stahl

3.0 out of 5 stars Not durable, but nice enough while it lasts
Bought this hammock in 2006 -- it lasted through one summer before completely falling apart halfway through the second. (A rope or two or three shredded the first summer too, which we were able to tie the ends together to keep using the hammock.)

Then again, with the price, I didn't expect much more.

I noticed right out of the box that the hammock...
Published on May 20, 2008 by The Somnambulist

3.0 out of 5 stars Not durable, but nice enough while it lasts, May 20, 2008
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Two Person Jumbo Hammock ~ Oak Spreaders STAND IS SOLD SEPARATELY (Kitchen)

Then again, with the price, I didn't expect much more.

I noticed right out of the box that the hammock rope wasn't as substantial as the hammocks I have previously owned -- the strands were softer -- less like rope and more like cording (if that makes any sense...)

We have a metal hammock stand; one would barely clear the ground when lying on the hammock due to the looseness of the weave.

Note that it is called a "Two Person" hammock, and that we did subject it to the full two-person load (and occasionally a small child thrown in for good measure.) Plus, we left it outside, exposed to the elements, all summer. But all our previous hammocks have taken this abuse and lasted an average of three years.

Figure that with the cheaper price it's still an okay buy. But now that I'm in the market again for a hammock, I think I'm going to spend a little more money and hopefully get something more durable.

2.0 out of 5 stars not safe for a child or for chemically sensitive people, May 3, 2008
This hammock looks great, but the weave is so loose that my 4 year old son put his head right through it. Immediately after we put it up he made a game out of lying in it with his head hanging down through the hammock and his hair brushing the ground. (Kids are so creative!) He could strangle himself doing that, though, so we immediately returned it. This is in comparison to our old hammock made in Costa Rica, which was woven tighter. My son could not play strangulation games with it!

The other thing about this hammock that was unpleasant is that it comes in a vinyl clear plastic bag that smells awful, so the hammock smells awful, too. Even with the hammock up outside I could not sit in it, but I assume that the smell would go away over time. I am more sensitive to the toxic smell of vinyl than most people are.

The other reviews are accurate; the rope is soft, the spreaders are big, and it looks nice. However, I would not recommend it for anyone with a child or anyone who has chemical sensitivities.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Deal!, June 13, 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars just as promised!, May 31, 2007
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This is a nice hammock! In fact, I could spend the day there.. the ropes are soft, yet strong, no knots, dries quickly when it got rained on.It comes with two 12" chains and two "S" hooks, so you will need a couple of screw hooks to hang this between trees. Shipping was speedy too, I ordered the hammock on a monday, and it arrived on wednesday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product for an even better price, June 17, 2006
My wife and I took this hammock with us camping, and I will likely never go camping without it again. It's very comfortable, even for two (and I'm not a very small man).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hammocks, great prices, November 27, 2006
Ewins has a bunch of hammocks on Amazon. This one is the classic rope hammock and it's great. I love hammocks and this one built right. I also like their weave and quilt hammocks. They are just like the Pawley's Island or Hatteras hammocks that cost an arm and a leg.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jumbo Hmmock, January 16, 2007
Great product for the price. Soft, comfortable, and can accomodate two small to medium sized adults. Tension had to be adjusted after a short period, possible to humidity or just breaking in the new weave. So far it's proven to be a good quality product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and Worth the Price, August 13, 2007
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
I had this hammock out of the package and set up in minutes. The cords are nice soft cotton and nicely woven and the gaps are comfortably spaced. The spacer is of decent quality and I expect to get a good number of years out of this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, big hammock!, May 3, 2008
Debra "hippiedeb" (COLORADO SPRINGS, CO, United States) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
Can't beat this for the price. I got a hammock last year for Mom's day and a month later it got eaten by squirrels. My sweetie paid over $100 for that hammock. I bought this one to replace it and it is just as good as the original one we had, but at a much lower price. It is very, very big! The weave is a little loose, but not so bad that you slip through it, just a little big in the weave :) The rope is soft and comfortable, not itchy at all. Well made and definitely worth more than what they are selling it for. Shipping was fast, I ordered on a Wednesday and received it on Saturday.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, hammock isn't too bad either., June 14, 2008
Steven (Colorado, USA) - See all my reviews
Overall this is a great deal if you're in the market for a hammock, but don't have much money to spend on one.

I didn't do much research when I bought this hammock because the price is impossible to beat, plus it's been reviewed rather well. Before talking about the hammock I must say that shipping was incredibly fast! We ordered on a Monday and received it that Thursday.

Okay now the Hammock.

First off, as a lot of reviewers have been saying - this thing is huge! I mean HUGE! This is the biggest hammock I've ever seen! This may be a problem for some (almost seems too big for a hammock stand, but I don't own one so I can't say for sure if it is or not), but I see it as a good thing. Both my wife and I fit very easily on this hammock. The rope material is pretty comfortable.

Although the rope is pretty comfortable, right out of the box some of the it looked a bit frayed. I can see needing to repair a few strands of rope in the future. It's nothing too terrible, but one strand of rope in particular does look a bit worn. We probably could have just sent the hammock back for a replacement, but we were so excited to have this up in our back yard that we elected not to do so.

The weave is rather loose and the rope does tend to stretch out quite a bit. When I first tried this hammock I was a bit disappointed. I'm a pretty big guy and I really sunk in, so much so that it was uncomfortable. My butt was sagging way down and my feet were way up high! Not a comfortable position for a guy that could stand to lose a few lbs. Just as I was fighting my way out of the hammock, ready to give up I made a discovery. It is actually much more comfortable if you lay in this hammock width-wise instead of length-wise. This thing is so wide that I could easily lay width-wise very comfortably - and I'm pretty tall (6'1) By doing this I was much more horizontal and the rope seemed much more comfortable in this position. I quickly ran in the house, grabbed a few cold ones and spent about an hour enjoying the evening.

Even with the few problems, I still believe this hammock deserves 4 stars. For being one of the cheapest hammocks I could find it's actually rather comfortable (just remember to try laying wide-wise).

ARRAY(0xa08c2c18)

Two Person Jumbo Hammock ~ Oak Spreaders STAND IS SOLD SEPARATELY
$49.99
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.