- File Size: 345 KB
- Print Length: 221 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Vencape Publishing; 1 edition (October 6, 2012)
- Publication Date: October 6, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B009NMC3FQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#943,746 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #315 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Personal Success
- #360 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Motivational
- #1790 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
|Print List Price:||$16.99|
Save $13.00 (77%)
Personal Best - How Ordinary People Achieve Extraordinary Success and How You Can Too Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Whether you are hoping to improve yourself financially, or grow yourself as a person, this is a book that can help you achieve it.
"Just because you are born gifted or talented, that doesn't mean that good things will just come to you. Nothing will be given to you or fall to you from heaven."
After which it goes into the "Why positive thinking is not enough" bit. Now, this is my kind of motivation.
The author interviewed over two hundred the most successful people in the world. Click on the preview to see the names - you'd be sure to recognize some of them. And some might be a surprise - just regular people who made their mark by finding their determination and enthusiasm. These people are not only successful business -men and -women. There are public servants, elected officials, inventors, public figures, scientists, people who started charities, etc.
This is not a list of interviews, however. The author did try his best to distill the essence behind these successes. The book also includes plenty of personal stories that show how these people got where they are now, which are an entertaining read - one can see the human side of many well-known achievers.
My personal favorite story is that of Trevor Baylis - an old man who invented Freeplay radios. My favorite quote from the author:
"Action doesn't just speak louder than words, it speaks louder than everything."
One minor formatting criticism - since it's a Kindle book, it will benefit from clickable links and clickable table of contents. It's just my personal quirk. Otherwise, the book is well formatted.Read more ›
Couldn't recommend it enough, in fact i'm going to give t a few weeks and read it again such was it's impact.
Ejemplos muy claros de personas reales!!!
Crea una forma de tomar atajos en la vida aprovechando las experiencias de los hacedores de éxito .
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Written well, full of good ideas. I didn't connect with all the ideas in here but I certainly need to read it again. It has something for everyone.Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer
Very inspiring book full of stories on how ordinary people achieved extraordinary results. Very big book. Something to keep to refer back to. 5 stars.Published 23 months ago by ironfox
This book was very motivational! Lots of stories about successful people, how they got where they are today! Must read!Published on May 22, 2013 by Milissa L. Schmidt
Need occasional boosts People often find some of the same habits work for them Staying focused and having goals are keyPublished on January 6, 2013 by Gail
If you don't know how to handle your future - this book is for you. "Personal Best - How Ordinary People Achieve Extraordinary Success and How You Can Too" helps me to understand a... Read morePublished on November 5, 2012 by Bobby
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Business Culture > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Self-Help > Personal Transformation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Motivational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Personal Success
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Personal Growth > Self-Help