5.0 out of 5 stars a good organizer for your briefcase or purse
This is a small but sturdy organizer. It measures 4.5 inches wide by 6 inches long and 1/2 inch wide. It has a very heavy duty cover and rugged spiral binding. The spiral binding is covered, so it cannot snag anything.

This is a good organizer for your briefcase or purse. If you need something to keep in your pocket, it may be too large.

This...
Published on May 26, 2011 by Ken Klein

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea, bad execution
Published on November 20, 2012 by Anomaly

5.0 out of 5 stars a good organizer for your briefcase or purse, May 26, 2011
This review is from: The Personal Internet Address & Password Log Book (Hardcover-spiral)

This organizer has 13 alphabetical tabs equally divided in pairs. For example, A B | C D | E F | etc. Each tab has five double sided pages with three address sections per page for a total of 30 passwords per pair of letters.

Each web section has lines for
Name:
Site Address:
Password:
Notes:(three lines)

At two inches of writable space per line, you'll have to write small to fit the web address, but the other information has more than enough space.

There are extra pages in the back with information for: ISP Info, ISP Home Network Settings, Software License Settings, and Notes.

If this manager has any faults, it's that each alphabetical section has the same number of pages. It may have been better to give letters like U, V, X, Y, Z less space and give more space to other letters.

Ken Klein
Author, Healthy Passwords
This and other password product reviews can be found at [...]

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea, bad execution, November 20, 2012
This is exactly what I wanted. A single place where you can store all your important login information and not have to store it on the computer. I had a notebook which was serving that purpose for me, but things were scattered all over it. Having a notebook where all the login information can be alphabetically organized for easy access was wonderful. Some reviewers have complained about the size, but it is exactly what the specifications say, 4x5.5. Though the size is perfect for me, this product itself has disappointed me in several ways:

1. The outside covers are made of light cardboard. Not the kind of binding you would expect in a reasonable well bound notebook. In short, it feels cheap.

2. The paper quality is OK, but not good for this purpose. In a book like this, you are likely to make lots of changes because passwords are frequently changed for security purposes. I will write in this book with a pencil only for that reason. I am not sure if the paper in this book will withstand frequent erasures and re-writes without showing eraser marks or getting faded.

3. It is flimsy. It has a spiral bound inside (visible in the last picture) that is not very smooth. Pages tend to get tangled in the spiral. Slightly fewer pages or slightly bigger spiral would have fixed the problem. Ideally, a notebook like this, that you are likely to keep for a long time, should be stitched. However, this is just a suggestion.

In sum, it needs better binding and better quality paper and cover. The inner layout is fine. If you desire a quality notebook, you will be disappointed after mild usage, if not on first sight. Had I seen this in a store, I would not have bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., December 8, 2010
This little book is perfect. The size is just right, it's plain, simple, and doesn't have a lot of "extras" that I don't want. It has ample, alphabetized pages for your websites and passwords; a page for "Useful Internet and Computer Information" where you can write down information about your internet service provider, network settings, and email info; two pages for "Home Network Configuration"; two pages for "Software License Numbers"; and five blank pages for "Notes."

I only wish I had had this little book when I first ventured into the world of the internet years ago. Hunting down the information which I have done a poor job of organizing and storing to put into the book is going to be the biggest challenge.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small, August 9, 2011
I've used internet address books for years. This book (having not looked at dimensions prior to buying---- my bad) is too small. I wasn't looking for an actual purse size little black book. But alas, that is what we have. The pages are tabbed but the paper is not of the texture I'm accustomed to. Do not use anything but a pencil or ballpoint pen in this book or it will bleed through the page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should have one of these and tell a family member where it's located, January 20, 2011
I handle all the 'business' in our family and do most of the banking and bill-paying online. This year I acquired multiple injuries including a brain injury, and was hospitalized for two months following a car accident. I didn't know my own name for over a month. So needless to say, I was no help to my family in the day-to-day operation of our household. My sister, the most computer-savvy one in our family, came from over a thousand miles away volunteered to try to keep our bills paid. It took hours if not days, for her to find the sites I use, decipher all my screennames and passwords and keep my family's bills paid. And there were a couple that she never found, because I kept it all in my head.
I have since bought this book for myself. I also got one for everyone in my family this year for Christmas, so that if, for whatever reason, they're unable to take care of their own personal business online, there's one concise reference for a family member to use to help. I've learned the hard way how important it is to have such a reference.
I'm using it for cell phone accounts, insurance policies, bank accounts, utility accounts, email, social sites, photo sites as well as using the section it has for software product keys. I know it seems contradictory actually write things down in a book the old-fashioned way, but it will be invaluable to your loved ones in the event of an emergency.
It'll not only save them time, but may save both you and them time and money in late fees and penalties, that might be charged if you don't have such a reference and there are accounts they don't find to keep up to date. If you're worried about security, "what if it's stolen?" my advice would be put it in a safe deposit box and a few times a year update it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice password organizer, September 23, 2010
This is a well made little book for storing passwords. Spiral-bound so it lays open, a decent number of pages, and plenty of room for each entry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Password Book Too Small, August 18, 2011
Thought this would be the perfect password book for me. However, it is very small for writing information. The writing area on each page is a little less than 3"x5". The alphabetical tabs are great and has lots of pages. Just too small for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, November 2, 2010
This is a godsend. Exactly what I sought at a VERY reasonable price. If you are on my holiday giving list, expect to receive one!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Most Secure Way to Store Web Info, November 13, 2012
JenB (Northern California) - See all my reviews
Don't read the sarcastic reviewers that say this is unsafe! I'm an IT professional and I believe you should have a difficult password for each site you use, especially your banks, Amazon, and other sites with sensitive information. You have to write these down or you won't remember them, especially if you change them every 6 months as recommended. And don't let your browser "remember" passwords either, that is unsafe.

I give it 4 stars because it may be too small for some people to write in or read.

Use this book and hide it somewhere at home: IT NEVER LEAVES THE HOUSE where it could get lost. This is strictly a home item, like the kitchen sink.

The reasons to use this book:
1. Remember all passwords and website addresses, especially the hard to crack ones you should be using.
2. Remember your email information for your local machine.
2. It can't be hacked because it's not on a network or an old computer.
3. If your computer crashes, you have everything written down.
4. There is no security risk as long as you leave it at home. If you're really paranoid hide it and put it in a safe.
5. This model is nice and small and allows enough room on a line for address, log-in, and password which many others do not.
6. Just a hint: always write in pencil, passwords get changed.

Unless you're a computer geek and have a bunch of extra security measures and booby traps on your computer, keeping your passwords on your computer is the worst thing you can do, especially if it's a laptop or mobile device. I recommend one of these books for all my clients, especially the less tech savvy people. I don't keep my web address book with my jewelry or silver, so burglars are going to get my computer before they get my passwords.

1.0 out of 5 stars Log Book, December 1, 2012
The print inside is very small especially for seniors. It is smaller than it looked online. It is not easy to write in.

The Personal Internet Address & Password Log Book
The Personal Internet Address & Password Log Book by Peter Pauper Press (Hardcover-spiral - July 4, 2010)
$7.95 $6.00