on October 13, 2010
Jackie's Xtreme Abs is one tough, efficient workout! It will definately be incorporated into my weekly workouts. It is one of the best ab workouts I have done. The standing ab routine was a pleasant surprise. Usually, for standing abs, there is one move that I just can't stand (arms up to one side diagonal, repeater knees). Thankfully, Jackie only had this move in the warm up =) There were exercises that were new to me, which I appreciated.

The floor routine is a killer. Wow! I was struggling with this one, today...I am quite sore. This routine will be one that I keep in my weekly rotation. There are some movements that Madison (background talent) struggled with. Plus there is a funny moment where Jackie is talking about how much she loves the moves & she could do them all day....she was doing the move incorrectly. Those were just things that caught my attention. Just wanted to mention them because they were very obvious, and could be confusing because the form is off. Crunchless is a stretch for this, several of the exercises are modified crunches.

Jackie does explain proper form well, and reminds you the proper time to exhale. There is a modifier, Jericho, whose form is on target throughout. You will need a set of weights, and a mat. If you are modifying, you won't use weights. The floor workout has more drastic modifications, so I included what the modification were. In the standing workout, the modifier doesn't use weights. You work your core, abs, obliques, quads, arms.....great multi-functional workout.

There are two workouts, each around 16 minutes. You can choose to "play all". I did my best to break the workouts down. Please let me know if you have any questions, and I will do my best to answer them =)

-Standing Cruchless Xtreme Abs
-Floor Crunchless Xtreme Xtreme Abs

The Standing Workout

Warm-up (a little over 6 minutes)

*Alternating Punches
*Alternating Knee Taps - Hands behind head, lift knee up - gently tap foot down.
*Grab one weight. Raise arms overhead - lift one leg up and reach arms out toward shin, alternate legs.
*Raise arms up (still holding one weight) to diagonal, repeater knees- bring knee up while crunching down toward knee line, or to outer knee line. Switch to opposite side.
*Pick up other weight. Squat down and punch it out - opposite arm to opposite foot, really twist trying to reach pinky toe.
*Put one weight down. Lunge position with weight out in front of you. Twist to side, eyes following weight while rotating. Switch legs.

WORKOUT

Straight Press with Alternating Leg Raise - press toward foot (instead of shin as in warm-up)

Split Lunge Flex - Raise arms, bend elbows & gently rest weight on head. Round back, and contract down - elbows to knee. Repeat, lunge opposite leg in front. At this point I am working up a good sweat!

Core rotation - Wide stance, both arms holding one weight. Starting with weight on side of mid-thigh, rotate core while raising weight up to opposite diagonal, then rotate back down. Repeat reps on opposite side.

Side Bend into Military press - Hand behind head, holding weight with opposite hand. Bend to down to side so weight goes right below knee, then push weight upward into a military. Repeat reps on opposite side.

Squat Swing - similar to kettlebell swing, just using one weight.

Torso Twists - Still holding one weight,wide stance, keep arms close to side with elbows bent at 90 degree angle. Round back a little while twisting side to side - contract as you go.

Figure 8's - Keep lower body stable, hold weight out and make a wide figure eight.

Tap & Push - Tap right leg, back behind left leg, to left side while pushing (both arms holding Repeat reps on opposite side.

Quick Cooldown - Reach up and stretch to each side. Wide stance, bend down & drop head towards floor. Stretch to right leg & left leg.

THE FLOOR WORKOUT

Warm-up
* Kneel on Mat, reach up alternating arms
* Torso Twist keeping hips stable

WORKOUT

Elbow to Knee - Lay down on back, put hands behind your head & squeeze weight between knees. Drop both knees to left side. Bring in knees while twisting (crunching) right elbow to knee.

Swimmers - stabilize back by putting hands under lower back, paddle legs straight up & down.

Side Plank - on elbow, bring knee up while reaching elbow to knee. Repeat reps on opposite side. Modifiers, bottom knee down for side plank.

Plank Twists - In elbow plank position, twist & drop hips on each side. Modifiers, plank on knees.

Quick Stretch in Childs Pose - definately needed!!

V-Toe Touch - Sit up with legs, slightly bent, in front of you then lean back. Lift leg towards chest while rounding your back as you come forward reaching towards each toe. (alternating legs) Modifiers, legs bent, feet on floor. Alternate straightening leg while reach toward toes.

Swimmers with Arms - Grab weights. Lay on back and bring knees up to 90 degrees. Bring shoulder blades off the ground. One arm up near ear, while opposite arm is down next to side. Alternating Arms. Modifiers, shoulder blades stay on ground.

Burpees - plank position, then get into wide stance. Jump legs in, jump out - keep legs in wide stance.
Modifiers - Plank position. Walk one leg in, walk other leg in & walk leg out, other leg out.

Bridge with leg lift - Bridge position, bring one leg out (keep it straight as you can) & lift it up while reaching opposite arm towards leg (reach for your toes). Repeat reps on opposite side. Modifiers don't lift into bridge.

Leg Circles - Stabilize back. Legs straight up in air & circle legs clockwise (legs bent 90 degrees if modifying). Then circle counter clockwise.

Plank with Alternating Leg Lifts - Modifiers perform in elbow plank

Plank with Jumping Jacks - Stay in plank while legs are doing jumping jacks. Modifiers on elbows. Walk legs in, then walk legs out.

Supermans - Laying on stomach, bring arms & legs up and out. Release, bring arm and legs down & together.

Quick Cool Down - Cobra Pose, Child's Pose - Stretch to each side

I gave this five stars because the floor routine was so intense. The standing routine is a bit easier, which is nice for off days. If you are wanting to get you abs & core in amazing shape, I highly recommend this!!
1414 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 13, 2010
There are plenty of other great detailed reviews on this DVD that I don't need to repeat them here. However, if you want to know if this particular workout DVD will show you result, then my answer is YES. You will feel it after the first time and notice a difference the next morning after your body has had a night of rest. If you do this workout every other day or just 2 days a week (give those muscles time to rest), you will notice results because there is not a muscle that makes up your core that does not get attention in this workout. My advice is take your time and focus on the forms to get them right. No need to keep up with any counting, just do what you can within the one minute time frame allocated -- focus on your form. You will notice that the constant transition from one move the the next will keep your heart rate up, so you really do get a good aerobics workout in the process.
My husband agreed to do this workout with me one day (mainly because he noticed the muscle definition starting to show on my stomach after 1 week) and he was huffing and puffing like you wouldn't believe -- he runs a lot and plays soccer, but this workout kicked his butt, he admitted. He just couldn't believe how sore he was the next day (back of his shoulders, his back muscles, buttocks, and stomach area).
There are plenty of core workout DVDs out there, but if you want to see result, you should definitely give this Xtreme Abs workout a place in your workout rotation. This was definitely money well spent for me.
on March 9, 2011
I purchased the Crunch-Free ab video, as well as Jillian Michael's 6 week 6 pack video. I did the first 3 weeks of Jillian's video and felt good about it. Once I moved into Level 2, though, I wasn't feeling like I was getting a great core workout. I then purchased jackie's video. LOVE IT. I can actually feel my muscles working! I've notice quite a difference, but is likely a combo of both. Either way, this video is great and not quite as boring as Jillian's! :)
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 2, 2011
I have had back troubles for going on 7 years. I have had four abdominal surgeries that destroyed my core muscles. When I finally got a doctor to listen, the xrays showed I had bone spurs & arthritis - I am 43 and this should not be happening. They sent me to physical therapy where I learned about core muscles, what they do and how to strengthen them for the FIRST time in my life! The difference in my back and hip pain has been amazing. I have been so thrilled about the results, I wanted to do more strengthening and that's why I bought this video. I cannot do "conventional" sit ups or crunches because of my back.

This video is broken down into two types of exercise: stand up and floor. Both are great for strengthening those core muscles and they are fun to do. The only reason I am giving this 4 stars instead of 5 is that the floor exercises go very quickly and beginners COULD run the risk of hurting their backs if not concentrating and isolating those core muscles. There is a woman model that does modified exercises and I recommend people with any kind of back problems to follow her at first.

Other than that, this is a great video.
on November 10, 2010
I also purchased this DVD at target.This is my first DVD with Jackie, and it won't be the last. I'm also doing the Insanity DVD's and its working overall. But I really wanted to target my midsection because that is the hardest I'm having in toning and the cardio abs for Insanity is good but I feel it's more cardio than anything else. After doing the Jackie DVD just once, I definitely felt my muscles working, and even more the next morning. I will absolutely be adding this to my routine. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS!!! LOVE IT!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 23, 2011
I have been doing this workout for about 2 weeks, every other day. I can already see a difference in my obliques. I can definitely feel the burn after this workout and my quads burn after the standing routine which I have to say I prefer to the floor routine. I think the floor routine is more difficult and I still have to modify the modifiers. In the standing routine I have now added the weights (just yesterday) and I am curious to see if I see more results. I don't think I will ever NOT find this routine challenging, at least the floor routine. Give it a try, but remember if you have to lose weight; you have to do cardio as well to get the abs you want. This workout really gets the lower abs which are so much harder to work than the upper abs. Try it, you will be glad you did!
on December 13, 2010
I was looking for a standing ab workout because lying on the floor and doing cruches hurts my neck and back. I've had major surgery so I have to be careful about some of the moves when doing ab routines. This is one of the best I've seen. Along with Hip-Hop Abs, this not only compliments my workouts, but they actually work! They are tough, but you have to work at what you want.
on December 8, 2010
I haven't met a Jackie Warner workout DVD that I didn't love, and this is no exception.

I have been looking for a good core workout for almost a year now. Although I am in pretty good shape my core is weak. I notice it most in my running and know it would improve that and more if I corrected it. In my search to remedy my weak core I've tried many, many core workouts, and this is by far my new favorite.

Crunch-Free Xtreme Abs is an awesome workout, I give it 5 stars, hands down. It is exactly what I've been looking for in a core workout.

The moves are not what I've found in typical core workouts (she means it when she says crunch-free) and I love that. As I've been doing some pretty tough workouts lately (from insanity, to jillian michaels, to chalean extreme, to other jackie dvd's) I was surprised that I could not complete all the moves. There were several in the floor work routine that I could only do half-way through and I was toast and had to go to the beginner modifications. I find this a good thing! It tells me this is exactly what I need. Any DVD you can just bust out is not going to help you improve much. I am determined to kick this workouts butt and I will work at it until I can.

For this workout you will need: handweights to suit your ability (you could also do this without weights for beginners) and possibly a mat if that is your preference for floor work.

It is set up in two 15 minute workouts: one with moves you do standing with handweights (such as push & tap, split lunge flex, and alternating punches) and the other is floor work (with moves such as side oblique planks, weighted obliques, and bridge toe touches) some using weights and some not. You can choose from the menu to do just one or both workouts together for a kick butt core workout.

This DVD would be suitable for most fitness levels as there is someone demonstrating modified moves for beginners.
on May 1, 2011
I will keep this short and sweet. This dvd is amazing. I purchased her book and am following her program. I am not nor was i ever over weight. I always had a bloated looking mid section. I just wanted to get toned and ripped and in great shape. This dvd alone you will see results in a week or 2. You will be sweating and huffing but its well worth it. When you mix it with her other workouts to keep your body guessing and her book. Its a life style change. I am happier, less depressed, less stressed and because im not eatting bad foods anymore im not as irritable. Im just so much happier with myself and it shows through new confidence and self respect. I recommend this dvd and the whole Jackie Program for anyone who wants to step up and change their life style to better themselves. It makes you look at life a whole different way. HAPPY, HEALTHY, and may i say LOOKING DAMN GOOD!
on March 27, 2011
This workout is definitely tough, especially the floor exercises but amazing. There is something Jackie says that has never been more true of how Im starting to feel about my abs, Hate me now, love me later... And not only do I LOVE her, but I'm also starting to love my abs as well. I've wanted flat abs for YEARS and have tried yoga, pilates, etc. Nothing was giving me the results I wanted, until I tried this. Although I don't want the abs that Jackie has, she is giving me the abs I want.