Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 5, 2011
If you don't think the never-ending string of new razors that don't work with older blades is a scam, look at how these cartridges are made to work with either the pivoting Atra or the non-pivoting Trac II. If Personna could do that, Gilette could have done it back in the day.

Anyway... I always preferred the Trac II, which does not pivot, to the Atra, which does. Of course I gave up on my Trac II when it broke. I couldn't find any new handles for them, so I got rooked into the three blade, four blade, seven nine twelve blade idiocy.

Eventually I found that they still make Trac II handles. Gillette doesn't, of course; if they sold their older razors you wouldn't pay ridiculous prices for their new wonder razor of the week, and marketing is what it's all about, after all, Not customer service or providing a good product.

But third parties still make Trac II handles. More, the Personna Bump Fighter Razor http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0011Z3WXU/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000GJIQ9M&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=183WKGADXCJBP7GGY04E is not only good for people who have trouble with razor bumps; it can and does accept standard Trac II blades. It is a nicer Trac II handle than the original. It works perfectly with Trac II or these Twin Pivot Plus blades. I know, I've tried them.

As for the blades themselves, they give me a shave at least as good as anything else I've tried, quickly. (I use an old Schick Injector and a Merkur Progress that uses your grandfather's double-edge blades; it does a fine job but you have to be patient with it. The twin-blade is quicker and less likely to nick you). Also various three-blade razors. I haven't seen they have any advantage over the Twin Pivot Plus, except to marketers, since they cost you more.

Be sure to soak or steam your beard well and use a decent shaving cream or soap (the stuff in tubes or that you whip up with a brush and mug is, almost without exception, better than anything you'll find in an aerosol can) and these blades will give you as good a shave as you could get anywhere.
22 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Excellent razor blades at a great price. They fit the AtraPlus razor perfectly, just like the authentic (and much more expensive) AtraPlus blades. Comes complete with built-in lubricating strip & gives a shave as close as the original. Priced the original AtraPlus blades locally (at Target: $12.46 for just 1 pack of 10 blades) before buying these--excellent buy; husband is very happy. Thanks again, Amazon!
on May 23, 2013
I'm pleasantly surprised with these razor blades. They fit my Trac-II handle just fine, and they're really sharp. They've given me some of the closest, smoothest shaves of my life; and if you knew my face/neck, you'd realize that's really saying something.

I noticed some reviewers are happy/amazed that they can get five shaves out of the blades. Say what? I'd dump any razor blade that only gave me five shaves! These last (me) a lot longer than that; I'm getting the same service life out of these blades that I did from the brand names. I also think the comfort strip on these works better than those on the brand names.

I've also read some other reviews claiming that they didn't receive 50 blades in their order, or that there was some other configuration issue. I received exactly what is described on this page: five 10-pks of blades, for a total of 50.

I'm VERY happy with these blades, and I won't hesitate to buy them again in about 6-7 years once I use up these. The one thing these DON'T have, that I really miss, is a little push cleaner thingie like the old Shick Super-II blades had, where you can push accumulated stubble out from between the blades. If it had that, these would be absolutely perfect. I should also mention, the product title says "TWIN PIVOT". The ones I received do not pivot... but the question is, are the blades supposed to pivot, or the handle? [I've never used a pivoting razor, so I don't know.] If it's the later, then of course my blades wouldn't pivot since my handle doesn't; but if the blades themselves are supposed to pivot, then these are not as advertised. Regardless, they are still excellent blades and I'm happy with them.
on June 7, 2011
Just as good as the original Gillette cartridges. The product picture shows the glide track for a Trac II handle but the good news is this cartridge also works on the Atra handle with the push button!
on May 31, 2010
I do not get as many shaves from these razor blades as I do from original Atra's; however, because of the lower price I think they are worth buying.
on August 2, 2012
I've used these razors for years. I've tried the cheap razors, and they just don't compare. There's a lot less plastic waste if you use these, too, because you only need to replace the razor top, instead of the entire unit. That's basically why I started using them, much less goes into a landfill.
on January 17, 2016
I recently dug out a vintage Atra handle that had been sitting in a drawer for some time and wanted to find some blades to use with it. I found a 10-pack of the Gillette made blades on sale at a local grocery store for $8 (reg price was $18 for a twin blade cart!!! are you kidding me???) and gave them a try. The shave was good but not great and definitely not worth the money especially if you pay regular price. The blades just didn't feel very sharp and they irritated my skin a bit. So I found these when doing some research on reasonable alternatives and decided to give them a try. What I didn't know at first was that Personna actually rebrands their blades for retailers to sell under their own store brand. If you find generic blades in your local pharmacy or supermarket and they say "made in USA" then they are likely these same Personna blades because apparently they are the only US manufacturer of razor blades. Gillette obviously has all their manufacturing done overseas to save a ton of money. These Personna blades are substantially better for me than the Gillette brand blades. They seem sharper and do not irritate my skin the way the Gillettes do. I liked them so much I decided to come here to Amazon to stock up on some more since they are even cheaper here than the grocery store branded blades. And the fact that you can use these with either an Atra or Trac II handle is great and very economical. These are really excellent blades for the price and far better than the Gillette blades that cost much more money. I've even heard people claim that Gillette intentionally makes their Atra and Trac II blades less sharp with the hopes it will lead them to purchase the even more insanely expensive Mach 3 or Fusion blades. I don't know how much truth there is to that statement but I suppose it wouldn't shock me. If you need blades for your Atra or Trac II handle look no further.
on January 12, 2010
I purchased the personna auto plus atra razor cartridges and I loved them. The atra gives you a smooth, close, comfortable shave and I love that you can buy in bulk here 50-100 at a time for a fair price. I know I will keep coming back for more of these blades as long as you supply them here. thanks for a really good product. I am a happy customer!
on February 22, 2010
These cartridges work fine for my Atra Plus razor. Hadn't been able to find any locally so thank you for selling them.
on March 2, 2010
My husband loves these and they fit his Atra razor perfectly. A great value too!