4.0 out of 5 stars The strobe light does work but here is what to watch out for
Published on December 11, 2007 by ecmedia

2.0 out of 5 stars Rethinking Opinion of Evictor and Pest Tools
We've had an Evictor 10K for several years and thought we were squirrel-free (we've had an on-going problem with flying squirrels for many years.)

Published on December 5, 2011 by Bill

4.0 out of 5 stars The strobe light does work but here is what to watch out for, December 11, 2007
ecmedia "ecm" (Boston area in the US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evictor Strobe Light 10K
After trying all sorts of things (moth balls, tea tree oil, lights on 24X7, live trap, etc.) that did not work to evict squirrels (they are very clever) from my attic, I did a lot of research and found that this was the most recommended product. It is fairly expensive, and I could not find a used one, so I bought a new one. One thing that is definite is that squirrels hate it, and it works right away in a simple attic. In other words, if your attic is totally flat and the light is be able to reach everywhere, you are all set. If you have a complex construction (as I did), you have to make sure that you put it so that the light reaches the hole from which squirrels go in and out. That way once they are out they won't come back in. At that point you should close the hole.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rethinking Opinion of Evictor and Pest Tools, December 5, 2011
Bill (East Coast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evictor Strobe Light 10K

This year following Hurricane Irene we were without power for six days and likewise after the early snow storm here in the northeast at the end of October another six days. Shortly thereafter we started hearing the squirrels again. I sent my 10K, whose bulb had dimmed from prolonged use, to Pest Tools to have a new strobe tube installed and bought a new Evictor 100K here on Amazon. I then placed both units working at full strength in the attic.

These two units had no effect on the squirrels - they continued their activity night after night even with two Evictors going. I had one at each end of the attic to ensure full coverage. The worst noise came from the end of the attic where the 100K (most powerful) unit was installed.

We waited for almost two weeks but the noise continued. We finally had to call a pest control company which blocked the squirrel entrances and subsequently removed eight flying squirrels. We are currently squirrel-free.

It's too late for us to return the 100K unit so we're going to leave it and the 10K operating although we don't have much confidence in this technology anymore.

My advice, if you want to try these products, is to save the original packing materials, etc. in case you need to return them. Give them a 29-day test and, if they fail to work, return them while you can.

Also, Pest Tools, after a very cordial initial relationship (they repaired my 10K unit for free) does not respond to my emails now. They promised me a $20 Amazon Gift Card in return for submitting an on-line review - which I did and it was a very positive review regarding their customer service. The card never showed up. Needless to say I'm also reconsidering my estimation of Pest Tools customer service at this point.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, November 9, 2007
This review is from: Evictor Strobe Light 10K
I have fought squirrels in our attic for years. I've blocked their routes. They just chewed more holes in my roof. I've shot them. More of them just moved in. I cut the trees by the house. They can climb anything.

I finally gave this a try. Oddly, after ordering it, I learned that we also had raccoons in our attic. So, this was going to be an even bigger test.

Sure enough, this immediately drove the squirrels off. The raccoons didn't leave within 48 hours, but they did leave within a week.

Several months later the squirrels are staying out completely. We do have one in our yard, but he is building his Winter nest in a tree. He's not coming in at all.

Two or three times we have heard the raccoons come back, but they only try it out for part of a night and then leave again. They obviously remember it as a good place to live and keep hoping that the light it gone. It isn't and won't be.

A highly recommended product that works as stated. Actually it works better because they made no claim for raccoons.

5.0 out of 5 stars A few things to consider, December 5, 2011
This review is from: Evictor Strobe Light 10K
I first read about this product on the internet, but it was not clear how much of the information came from the company selling the device. I felt better when I found this for sale on Amazon and there seemed to be objective reviews which were largely positive.

Sure enough, two days after starting the strobe light, the squirrels seemed to disappear and now, two weeks later, they have not returned. I am waiting a bit longer before patching the holes beneath my eves. I am hoping to minimize the chance that they'll again chew through the wood.

I have a fairly sizable and irregularly configured attic, so the reviews made me aware that placement is an issue. So far, it seems to be a complete success. Some people have needed more than one strobe light.

One piece of advice that I can offer is that many attics do not have outlets. I have lights, but they're controlled by a switch; you want the lights off and the strobe on. So, you need to plan how you are going to get power to the electric cord for the device. Knowing this ahead to time, you have the opportunity to solve this potential problem while waiting for delivery. You might have to consider the hazard of running an extension cord; squirrels are known to chew through cords, potentially causing a fire. Also think about how you'll keep the squirrels from getting into your living area if you run the cord through a door or access panel. In my case, I had power running through the attic that I was able to tap into. There was a junction box to which I connected an outlet, but you have to know how to do this safely. All of this was off the floor of my attic, so I surmised that there was minimal risk that a squirrel would chew into it.

I wondered if the claims were true, but so far I'm very happy! It certainly cost me less than an exterminator, but you have to take into consideration at least these things I've mentioned.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have been battling squirrels in my attic for over 25 years., February 17, 2009
LJK (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evictor Strobe Light 10K
I have been battling squirrels in my attic for over 25 years. I have tried everything from have-a-heart traps, rat poison, rat traps, ammonia, antifreeze, exterminators, you name it nothing worked. I tried anything I would hear that worked for other people. We would patch the holes they chewed to get in, and they would chew another. They actually unpluged the Squirrel Evictor when we first put it in. We had to get an outlet cover to stop that. Now that they can't get to the plug it seems to be working. No more parties at 3AM in our attic. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it continues to work. So far I highly recommened the Squirrel Evictor to anyone that has a squirrel problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars great item, June 24, 2012
This review is from: Evictor Strobe Light 10K
racoons made a home in my attic, tried moth balls, ammonia soaked rags ng read reviews on Evictor found out they got in through the power ventilator ripped screen bent the blades motor burned out(no fire thank goodness) installed strobe did not hear any activity placed steel mesh on over opening from inside should've read the info better as to leave it on for several days before closing entrance.then last night heard some small activity, in the morning decided to remove screen for a few days well to my surprise the critter pulled down part of the screen to get out(need to do better job of nailing stapes not strong. will leave open with strobe on until 101% sure no more guests

5.0 out of 5 stars The Squirrel Evictor, October 9, 2007
This review is from: Evictor Strobe Light 10K
I had squirrels in my attic for 25 years and had tried everything known to man to get rid of them. I put 3 squirrel evictor strobes in my attic two years ago and have been squirrel free ever since.

I am glad there is finally something on the market that works!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gets red squirrels out of the attic, September 6, 2013
This review is from: Evictor Strobe Light 10K
It blinks but does not make noise. Squirrels do not like it but house occupants get good night sleep and red squirrels move away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally the rodent is gone, April 2, 2012
Mark (Cornelius, NC, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Evictor Strobe Light 10K
I tried everything - after 3 days I have not had a sound for 2 weeks - worth every penney.

5.0 out of 5 stars solve problem instantely, September 25, 2011
a new roof, trapped and killed 200 squirrels in one year in my yard and still the squirrels were in attic and running in between walls. installed two evictors and they went crazy trying to get out. that was over two years ago and the squirrels are back in my yard but not in my house fantastic product

Evictor Strobe Light 10K