Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on July 20, 2010
This is a great product. Solo loves his water on our daily four mile walk. It really keeps him cool in the heat. The pet top fits almost every water bottle you can purchase, which makes traveling easy. I recommend you don't store the top in the fridge, it may cause the pliable top to crack. I have had no problems since I kept it out of the fridge.
on June 1, 2010
The pet top works great for our 11# Jack Russel mix. Might have too small of a water flow for a large dog.
on May 26, 2010
We did not experience the leaking the other reviewer mentioned. Fit on our costco water bottle.. no issues, dillion our cocker seems to like it.
on July 13, 2010
First, we use the included adapter to fit the bottles we use (cheap bottled water, standard 16oz type). It works great - the flow is very adjustable from only comes out if they lick, to a fast drip, to tightly closed. All of our dogs have picked up on using it right away, just let some dribble out at first. Great because you don't have to have a special bottle you have to clean out every time and you use less water then a fold up bowl.

Also, to note on others reviews, I would think if it wasn't plastic it wouldn't "bend" enough to form a tight seal when you close it.
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2011
I was getting tired of wasting a bunch of water while out with my shih tzu. I had previously been carting around water bottles and an extra water bowl (which I usually kept in my car), which got old. Wicket (my dog) also seemed to prefer drinking the water flowing into his bowl from the bottle more than drinking from his bowl, so I thought there must be something that I could get that would slow the flow of water for him.

And then I found this! It fits perfectly on the water bottles I've used it on so far (it mostly goes on SmartWater bottles that I refill from the fridge). And you can adjust it to be opened so that your dog gets water and the water doesn't get all over. Anyone who has had trouble should be sure that they are 1) Not squeezing the bottle at all because that will, obviously, force water out quicker than intended and 2) that they both open and close the bottle while it's already upside-down.

My dog took to it immediately, only needing me to squeeze the bottle a bit to drip a bit of water so that he realized where to lick. I adjusted it to be open enough that air bubbles floated up as he licked and that seemed to be perfect.

I'm not sure exactly how well it would work for very large dogs (e.g. great danes), but for sizes teacup to medium/large dogs it should work great!
on March 9, 2013
I must say I was very uncertain whether to buy the drinking device and the neck adapter since I had read quite a few bad reviews. Because I was desperate to find anything that would keep my 2 shih tzus' faces not dripping (from when they drink from a water bowl), I had no other option but to try the Pet Top device - regardless of the bad comments. Amazon delivered pretty quickly - thank you for that. The adapter screwed perfectly tight on one of the bottles we had around the house. Indeed, when you adjust the water flow it does leak, BUT ONLY for a moment AND NOT LIKE others say: all the time. We have now fixed it on the wall and are bowl free. Both dogs are licking the water from the bottle and NO DROPS go down on the floor. I mean: none! Great product! The only leakage happens when you turn the bottle down and loosen up to adjust the water flow. But that's all. Apart from that, as I said, nothing goes down on the floor. Whether it keeps my shih tzus' faces dry? - that's another issue. It's much better than the bowl, but the hair around the snout still gets wet, but no dripping. Very happy with the device. Very!

I am editing my review 3 days later: I reduced the water flow and now my dogs' muzzles are dry. Awesome product!
on December 28, 2010
I do a lot of trail walking/running with my border collie. This little gadget makes life so much easier! The dog figured out how to use it the very first time. It's nice having the roller adjustable for how much water comes out. I actually haven't had to use the short neck adapter.
on April 7, 2013
This is our second one and it works great in the car. They last forever unless your are clumsy and drop it.
on June 8, 2012
I had such hopes that this would work. But it doesn't, it leaks badly where you release the ball to allow the dog to drink. I wanted this to use in my car when we are on trips and my toy poodle gets hot and wants to drink. Just as well to get a pull top bottle of water. Oh well, gave it a try. What I love about amazon.com you can return items, print your free shipping returns labels, for your money back if items ordered from them are defective or doesn't work. Thanks amazon.com. I know it isn't that much money but now a days every penny counts even more than ever.
on January 6, 2012
We tried this on two different kinds of water bottles (one being Dasani) at the airport and they both leaked whether you used the adapter or not. Seemed like a great idea that hopefully someone else will execute properly.

See 1 answered question