Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 10, 2013 10:57:45 AM PDT
The Prince says:
Ok I'm new to ff I mean I just bought ffvii and ffx and played ffxiii-1 but I haven't beaten any of them well ok I was close on ffxiii and ffx but I lost interest I would think an online version would be better I mean the worlds are always great and all especially in ffxiii but I've heard ffxiii-2 has a monster capture system, and that leads me to wonder does ffxiv have it to or is it just summoning. I'd even take buying pets in stores or something I mean I don't wont to have to give up my sword in order to have a partner at my side. Why not let us catch a limit of 1 pet and have it lv up with us or something like that I personally would like a wolf.

are there any wolves in FF games I can't remember the last time I saw one and I've never played online.

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 7:05:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 11, 2013 7:09:32 PM PDT
There should be wolves in the game (They were in version 1.0). The only pet job/class for now will be archanist/summoner. They will have little creatures that you will be able to obtain & use for aesthetic purposes only called minions.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV

That's the official FF14 YouTube channel. There are some official Live Letter's from the Producer videos which give a good insight into the game, a few of them even show a character using those minions I talked about.

Also: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2013 7:19:30 PM PDT
The Prince says:
Yeah thanks it does though the minions seem to just fallow instead of help and most are babies. I would like a wolf minion even if its a cub/pup. Well I'll just be sure to look for it in the beta

Posted on Apr 14, 2013 6:02:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 14, 2013 6:13:30 PM PDT
Ruby says:
Yeah, there are wolves in Final Fantasy games, especially in Final Fantasy XII (they were everywhere: They are the first monsters that your run into. You had wolves and their models in different skins throughout the worlds (as worgens, hyenas, snow wolves in the icy mountains, etc), big wolves, small pet wolves in camps, werewolves, and even a hunt to go and vanquish a Thextra(sp?) which was just a large wolf.) Loved that game. I'm currently replaying it since I first bought it. And I've been watching Let's Plays of Final Fantasy XIV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geDG0tJYOLk). Version 1.0 looked stunning and amazing. So I'm really excited for this version. I hope to get my a new gaming pc to run it. :) Maybe watching his Let's Play of version 1.0 will give you an idea of what this one will be like and how the gameplay is. He's done examples of multiplayer gameplay (being in a party) and single player. Though he does spend a lot of time explaining the game, it's features, and how to play it instead of just playing it with you having no idea what's happening or going on.

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 2:23:28 PM PDT
The Prince says:
I played some of the windows beta it was fun but my computer wasn't able to keep up so since I'm signed up for the ps3 beta as well I'll just have to wait for Phase 3 to get started man I can't wait if they really do have wolves it would be awesome

Posted on Apr 15, 2013 2:42:10 PM PDT
The Prince says:
Also have pet trainer as a job class that would be cool.Maybe give the pets more abilities (through lv. ups) that only appear randomly or not at all in regular monsters.

Posted on May 8, 2013 8:31:08 AM PDT
ColdSilfur says:
There is one pet class planned for release

Arcanist (which is becoming Summoner afterwards)
- arcanist is going to summon different versions of carbuncle
- summoner is going to summon essences from ifrit, Titan, Garuda and co.

Besides that, there are going to be chocobo NPC companions for solo leveling for each character... they can play different roles (tank, mage, healer)

Posted on May 8, 2013 9:14:53 AM PDT
The Prince says:
Yeah thats great and all but how cool would it be to have a riding animal a giant wolf, eagle, or them as a companion that can fight
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Apr 10, 2013
Latest post:  May 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about