Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on August 16, 2012
If you're anything like me you're looking at this product thinking "no way." This was our last ditch effort before having my dog's anal glands removed. We tried all manners of fibery products and every home remedy I could find on the internet with no luck. Unfortunately, while most anal gland removal surgeries go off without a hitch, there is a small chance of long term damage to the point where the dog can't hold their bowel movements anymore. I dragged my feet as long as possible on that one and I'm glad I did!

When I first received the product I used it every other day for about a week, just to help things settle down back there. Then I switched to roughly twice a week application. Sometimes I forget and it drops down to once a week. We used to have to empty her anal glands every 4-8 weeks or so, or they would get extremely full, and sometimes even infected before she would show me any signs that there were problems back there. We've now gone 4 months without having to manually express them. Also if you're looking at the product thinking there's no way your dog will allow a compress on his back side, it really doesn't have to be on there that long. I take a little cup of the dog's kibble to the bathroom with us and slowly dole out the treats while applying the product.

You might also be thinking the product is super expensive. It is an investment, but this little bottle is still 2/3 full after 4 months, so we may just get a year's use out of it. I use 5 drops in a quarter of a cup of water each time for a beagle, larger dog may need more.

Edited to add - 6 months later and we still haven't had to empty the glands! Still using 1-2x per week, very occasionally using more often if I see the dog scooting.
11 comment26 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2008
So far so good with this product. I have only been using it for a month, and do not see any anal gland problems with my dog. If this continues, I will definitely buy this product again.
on January 3, 2009
we haven't had a recurring problem (yet) so we can call this product a success!
on September 3, 2013
We have a miniature schnauzer.

This was a last resort before having our dog's anal glands removed. It did not work (I think it may have made things worse).

I don't know if our dog's anal gland problems were just too advanced for this remedy. It didn't work and I can't recommend it to anyone else.
on March 28, 2011
My year and a half old dog has had to have his glands emptied approximately every three weeks since we brought him home at 8 weeks old. I have been using this product daily for two months and so far, he still needs to have them emptied. According to the vet, the fluid is very "liquidy", so maybe it is helping a little. I will continue to use this product daily until the second bottle is empty and then re-evaluate before I reorder for a third time.
on August 16, 2012
My little yorkie had anal gland cancer. This product helped ease his pain and kept him alive, pain free and the cancer in remission for 6 months.
I lost my little friend in July and have rescued a little yorkie-poo. I am putting her on Anal-Glandz right away and will recommend it to anyone.
22 comments4 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2015
This product is a life saver for owners with pets that have trouble expressing their own anal glands naturally them selves and constantly scoot across the floor to release the poop or itchiness or avoid infection of the anal glands. I have a cat that has trouble with her anal glands and scooting across the floor that she would make it raw, red, bleeding etc.cause a skin infection. This product is so easy to use. I started out doing the treatments 2x a day morning and night for two weeks or until you see improvement with your pet. After 10 days of doing it 2x a day I was able to do doing 1x a week to keep it clean back there and soften the anal glands naturally. All you have do is find your self a little cup that holds 2Tabl. of water. Run your faucet for a few minutes to make the water warm. fill a 2 Tablespoon measure of warm water and add 15 drops of Anal Glandz to the water. dip to cotton balls into the solution. squeeze out the little access. Best to get your cat or dog when they are laying down hold up the tail take the cotton balls and hold them over the Anal area of your cat or dog and also dab to wipe any other access of poop That all you have to do! This product works! Saved us vet bills to have to take our cat to the vet for them to express her glands and creams to keep infections away. This is much cheaper, so easy to use on your pet. My cat tolerates it very well. The bottle last a long time. I have had my bottle 4 months and I have about a 1/4 bottle left. I continue to order this product to keep this problem under control and has not scooting on the floor and has completely stopped with my cat using this product one times a week now.
on December 19, 2015
I'm unsure if this is working yet, but my wife and I are ready to try anything. Our 3 year old Weimaraner has recently been having issues with expressing her anal glands and we read that if we start having them expressed for her, her body could become reliant on us doing it and she will never express them herself. We are using this stuff and some pumpkin product also found on amazon to harden her stool so hopefully she will start expressing them herself. It's been about a week and I haven't seen her in distress yet, so it might be working. Only time will tell though, so I will update my review in a couple months from the date of this post to let you know how it works for us.
on April 20, 2014
I have been purchasing Pet Alive Products for a few years now and they always show to work really well. I have always been so very thankful for this.
on September 1, 2013
No clue if it works, Vets have never heard of it,,but its all natural. Dogs not talking. Could be cheaper