4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine
Published on June 23, 2012 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars NEURO-TOXIC, CAN KILL YOUR CAT!!!!
This is a warning to everyone considering using this product - DON'T!!!

Published on June 3, 2011 by A. Vickers

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, June 23, 2012
This review is from: PetArmor Plus for Cats 3 Dose Box (Misc.)
Don't listen to all these horror stories and claims. Most of the negative reviews are suspicious, I clicked on each one and most were by accounts that hadn't reviewed anything else, just this product. Also, almost none were verified purchases on top of that. And on the web, most of the horror stories are by hippie ~natural~ sites, I have a hard time finding something from a reliable source verifying this as some mass pet genocide tool.

I bought this at Walgreens and came home and after putting it on my cats, I read these reviews and freaked out and was so worried. But after talking to my mother, she said she used it on her cats no problem and her friend had too. And I can say putting it on my 5 cats, there was not one negative reaction and within 12 hours my cat with the fleas had only one engorged flea I could find. She's itching less and feeling much better and I could treat her irritated bit skin with Benadryl. She did not have a super serious infestation, if your pet does, you should not buy over the counter medication, you should go to your vet to make sure using this kind of medicine is safe. Flea infestation can cause serious risk to your pet's health, putting insecticide on their body if their health is compromised is kinda dumb. I also treated the house with Borax to kill any in the couch or carpet. As for it not working for some (if you can take look past some of the reviews as being suspiciously pro-Frontline), who knows. Could be the same as why some people find name-brand drugs works better for them than generic. Formulation, your pet's ability to absorb and metabolize the medication, could be a number of things.

There's the chance of side effects and adverse effects from any medication, human or pet. And yes, this product is made in India. But guess what, so is a lot of the medication for humans. Frontline has the same risks this product does, and you should use common sense and follow the directions exactly. Don't play with dosage, don't use dog product on cat, don't wash your cat in flea shampoo then put this on and wonder why they're convulsing, and pay attention to your pets size if they're small so you don't overdose and poison them (which you should just go to a vet to be safe). Again, common sense.

1.0 out of 5 stars NEURO-TOXIC, CAN KILL YOUR CAT!!!!, June 3, 2011
This review is from: PetArmor Plus for Cats 3 Dose Box (Misc.)
This is a warning to everyone considering using this product - DON'T!!!

Within 24 hours of application this product caused a lot of thick oral discharge (thick drool), thick yellow eye discharge, disorientation, trembling, and minor paralysis. I called my vet who told me to wash it off immediately with dawn dish soap and bring the cat in. He said that they have seen a lot of cases of this and it is because PetArmor Plus contains some inactive ingredients that are poisonous. Cats have been dying from this product ever since it hit the shelves.

Apparently this is fairly common- they put out a product that kills a percentage of pets, but they know they can make a profit before the public horror at the deaths forces them to pull the item off the shelves.

Don't be fooled by the fact that the active ingredients in this product are the same as Frontline. This "generic" is manufactured in India using cheaper, less stable ingredients and where they don't have the same quality control rules, and where they don't check for potency or purity the same as they do in the USA. This is the rare case where the name brand is more expensive because the ingredients legitimately cost more, and it's worth it to pay for it. Unless you want to risk killing or crippling your pet, do not use PetArmor Plus.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pet Armor Plus advertising hoax, June 11, 2011
This review is from: PetArmor Plus for Cats 3 Dose Box (Misc.)
I have been involved with rescue animals for 30 years, always using Frontline Plus, because even though its expensive, it works - Pet Armor Plus is NO good, I bought it because of the ads on TV where its compared to Frontline Plus...I bought a box for cats and one for dogs to try it out...half the price is pretty hard to resist- if it works just as well...suprise! it doesn't!! Don't waste you money -it must be diluted if it has the same ingredients. My beagle has got fleas ALL OVER her, same with my Dobie and Huskey...the two cats are no better...you can see the fleas on the cats faces! I treated the cats 10 days ago and the dogs 5 days ago.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as Frontline, May 19, 2011
This review is from: PetArmor Plus for Cats 3 Dose Box (Misc.)
My mother bought this for her cat to save money. It is cheaper than Frontline, but the quality is not the same at all. My mother has used Frontline for years on her cat with no problems at all.

However, when she used PetArmor Plus, it hurt her cat. Her cat acted like she'd been burned where the flea treatment touched her. She washed it off her cat, but her cat acted strange for days after and was sick for a couple days.

Be very careful if you try this.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could give ZERO stars..., July 17, 2011
This review is from: PetArmor Plus for Cats 3 Dose Box (Misc.)
I've used Frontline + for over two years and my cat has never had a flea problem. I saw this and thought I could save a few dollars while still ensuring her protection and comfort. WRONG. Thankfully, she didn't experience any of the negative side effects, but she did have fleas a week later. Switching name brands is the only difference, so I have to think it's this product. Unfortunately, I have to wait a little while before applying Frontline again, so she's miserable and I'm stuck giving her flea baths.

You might have different results, but for me, it certainly wan't worth saving a few bucks. It was a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars worked just as well as the expensive stuff, June 18, 2011
This review is from: PetArmor Plus for Cats 3 Dose Box (Misc.)
Bought this from walmart back in may thinking, hey for $28 its worth giving it a shot!
I was very please with the results I had with this. Both cats remained flea free for an entire month. They are due for their new dose this weekend and I will be buying this again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy will make your cat sick, May 10, 2012
This review is from: PetArmor Plus for Cats 3 Dose Box (Misc.)
Moments after I put this on my cat.She started foaming at the mouth and drooling.
She was acting weird for hours.She seems ok now but I would not risk giving her
another dose of this.

1.0 out of 5 stars There are fleas everywhere., April 22, 2012
Everywhere.

THERE ARE FLEAS EVERYWHERE.

We bought "PetArmor" because there was a giant advertisement for it in our local Wal-Mart, "Just as good as Frontline Plus!!!" it said.

It's amazing! IT'S SO CHEAP WOW EVERYONE LOOK ITS ONLY A FRACTION OF THE PRICE.

Well, now there are fleas everywhere. They are in literally every room of the house now. Flea bombs are meaningless because they're still crawling all over the cats, so now we have to give them a flea bath, shell out for FrontLine plus, *and* smoke the little monsters out again -- we didn't realize that the PetArmor wasn't working until we were combing our kitty's hair about 2 weeks into the infestation and dozens of fleas were crawling all over the comb's teeth.

Have you ever had a house full of fleas? Do you WANT a house full of fleas?

Buy PetArmor.

Buy PetArmor and your dreams of fleas *CRAWLING INSIDE OF YOUR CLOTHES* will come true, every moment of it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not purchase!, August 29, 2013
This review is from: PetArmor Plus for Cats 3 Dose Box (Misc.)
We put this on our male cat a few weeks ago. Had not read any reviews just picked it up at Walmart. A week later his fur started coming out and we noticed large sores on his neck. By the time we got him to vet he was dehydrated. They gave him a shot and a pill we are still giving daily for a month and an antibiotic spray. The sores are now healed but it was pretty iffy for a while. So now after over $100 at the vet and very sick kitty--I will never buy this product again!!! Buyer beware!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars PetArmor no longer makes a "PetArmor Plus for Cats", August 21, 2013
This review is from: PetArmor Plus for Cats 3 Dose Box (Misc.)
Check the PetArmor.com website and you will find that they (PetArmor.com/FidoPharm) no longer make a "PetArmor Plus for Cats":

[...]

The PetArmor website has a page for all of their cat flea and tick control products, and it lists only "PetArmor for Cats", "FastAct Flea & Tick Spray", and "FastAct Flea & Tick Shampoo." The patent that expired that allowed them to make their PetArmor line was the patent on fipronil, which previously could only be used by Merial in their products "Frontline Top Spot" and "Frontline Plus." This is the ingredient that controls adult fleas.

The "Frontline Plus" ingredient S-methoprene is the ingredient responsible for controlling immature fleas. The patent governing its use in combination with fipronil (link below) will not expire until 2017. For this reason, all companies that prematurely created fipronil-methoprene products were required to remove them from the market.

[...]

While I'm all about getting a good deal, it seems to me that any "PetArmor Plus" products being sold have a good likelihood of being cheap counterfeits that could poison your pet, since ethical distributors have pulled the legitimate product from their stock. This seems even more likely when reconciling the poor reviews purchasers have given this product with the very high reviews received by regular "PetArmor for Cats," which is a high quality product.

TLDR: Likely to be a foreign knockoff that could poison your cat. Stick with regular "PetArmor for Cats" or "Frontline Plus" to be safe.

PetArmor Plus for Cats 3 Dose Box