5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Kennel
This is the best kennel we could find and at a very good price. We bought a second so we could connect them together and keep the new puppy separated from the older dog. Now that the puppy is grown, we are able to make one big kennel out of the two.

Published on January 4, 2012 by Stephanie K.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible product - shoddy quality-no customer service
Published 24 months ago by Cj

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible product - shoddy quality-no customer service, September 28, 2012
This review is from: PetSafe Cottageview Boxed Kennel, 5-Foot-by-5-Foot-by- 4-Foot (Misc.)
I bought this for my 35 lb lab/pointer. I set it up inside my garage to keep him safe while I worked, and he was in it for 9 hours at a time. Within the first two days, the wires running up and down fell off. These were assembled at the factory, not any part of what I had to assemble. It got to where he could fit his head thru holes in the side panels, and could possibly be choked. I emailed the company and received NO response. I've had it for less than a month now and it is totally worthless and unusable --a complete waste of $200. This is the poorest quality product I've ever bought off amazon. I would NEVER recommend this to anyone. And since no one t this company would answer my email, I would not recommend anything from Petsafe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Kennel, January 4, 2012

We use this in our garage, so I don't have any comments on how it would hold up outside and we don't use the tarp because our dogs don't try and escape, even with an elevated pet bed.

The gate also swings in and out which is good if you are sneaking the kennel into a tight space. If you need the hinges on the other side (right), just turn the whole door piece around and it functions just the same.

*Update*
This kennel is holding up so well and we couldn't live without it for our dogs. We have reconfigured it so many times to fit our space and it still in great condition since we keep it inside. The panels we don't use are easily stored right next to the kennel as well. We have a shiba and a terrier mix, they never try and jump/climb out, but they get plenty of exercise to ensure they are tired and don't want to get out. We have also incorporated a heat dish for the colder days in our garage. Great way to keep your pup out of the elements and cold.

3.0 out of 5 stars 4foot high!!, August 1, 2011
Heather Mauro "HRM" (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
it would seem as if 4ft high is good enough to keep a medium sized lab in....totally not. my dog chewed off the sun shade, used the walls to climb up and over to let himself out. I would only recommend this for people with small dogs..or dogs that aren't as sneaky and crafty as mine haha

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Crate!, November 21, 2011
RKam (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this kennel to temporarily house my german shepherd for time-outs when she thinks attacking the border collie would be fun or whenever I'm using the water hose to keep her from chewing on the hose. It was unbelievably easy to put together and all we needed was a ratchet set to tighten the bolts easily. The sunshade for the top is an inexpensive canvassy/nylony material and is tied down with zip ties. We elected to not install it at this time because the kennel is in the shade. The top sunshade is not flimsy, but it would not prevent a determined dog from busting through it if they were they type to try to go over the 4-foot walls. The kennel is plenty roomy for my german shepherd, but I would not use this kennel for any kind of long-term housing of a dog. There's not enough room for a dog house and a "run" for any dog larger than a very small one. The kennel walls/fencing are very sturdy. The latch on the dog gate has to be aligned just right to go straight up and then the locking piece can be folded back. I would think that it would be very difficult for dogs to ever figure out how to open the gate on their own. And you can configure how you want the door placed because you have the ability to put the walls up one panel at a time in your own arrangement. We needed the door on the left side, unlike how it is pictured in the photo, so that was a great convenience to be able to do that.

2.0 out of 5 stars Door rusted through in 23 months., March 30, 2011
Positives: We put it together in less than 30 minutes. Very sturdy, and well packaged. If you have a larger dog, you may want to buy the expansion panels as my dog house takes up nearly 1/2 of the space. Loved it until rust came and destroyed many parts.

Negatives: Door was completely rusted through in 23 months. I simply touched the door one day after not using it for a while and the door fell OFF. I called and emailed company, they were no help and did not offer to help in any way nor could I buy a new door separately.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money - look elsewhere if your dog is large!, October 5, 2012
Christine M. Paulson (Manchester, CT United States) - See all my reviews
I never write online reviews, so the fact that I am wriing this says something in itself. Bought this product to use inside a spare room of my house. This wasn't cheap, so had some expectation of getting good usage out of it. Not so.

Assembly takes more than the hour the directions indicate. Lots of packaging to unwrap first, which I think is good, it helps protect the product. Sill, there were scratches in the protective, black coating of the wire when I opened the packaging.

To assemble, you place two panels together, then place a clamp around them and tighten the nut on the bolt. You do this on the top of the panels and then again on the bottom. At first, I tightened them as I went along. I had purchased expansion panels as well, so was also installing them at the same time. Half way through installation, ran into a problem. The panels weren't settling well, and some of the legs on the bottom of the panels weren't touching the floor. So went and loosened all the bolts to try to even the panels out. When you loosen the nuts on the top clamps, they slide all the way down the panels. So annoying! There is nothing to keep them from sliding all the way down the panel. So you have to constantly slide them back up and tighten. Very time consuming.

Finally got the whole thing together. Looked great and seemed sturdy. Put a 70lb American Bulldog in the pen. When I went to sleep, all was fine. Not the case when I woke up.

The dog had pushed the pen so it was all contorted where it gets bracketed in place. The brackets didn't hold up to the dog and came loose and slid down the panels again, just like when I was putting the kennel together. More concerning, the dog dug at the gate and totally broke where the crisscross of wire is welded to the frame. The welding did not hold up well at all.

So after less than 24 hrs of use, my gate panel was broken and so I whipped out the warranty info. "Animal damage" not covered by the warranty. To fix the gate would require steel wires and welding. Sigh. So I looked online to order a replacement gate. Couldn't find one. Could only find expansion panels.

Called PetSafe next. They answered quickly, left me on hold and then said they don't offer replacement gate panels. The suggested I search EBay to find a used kennel or gate. Unreal. So, I spent hundreds of dollars on a kennel and the key piece - the gate - cant be replaced! So the whole kennel is now unusable... and yes I checked and can't find a single used gate panel online.

4.0 out of 5 stars great kennel, July 5, 2010
Ming (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
we have small dogs and this kennel is sturdy, easy to put together and perfect for them. A great kennel and sun shade is a necessity in summer months.

4.0 out of 5 stars Top shade cover does not fit., July 26, 2012
Actual dimensions of the cage is 57 1/2 inches. Five foot is 60 inches. The sunscreen provided for the top measured 53 inches X 53 inches. Using the supplied ty-wraps to hold it into place would leave a gap of at least 2" all around the edges. That's if you can get it to tighten evenly on all sides. The directions show the tarp covering the entire top of the cage. I have a very little dog and am slightly concerned with something getting in the space. I put the screen on the side of the kennel to help block afternoon sun and am using a larger tarp over the top. It is more secure. If you did tighten it to one side, there would be a 4" gap on the opposite side. Someone goofed on this.

The cage itself is well made and was easy to assemble. Seems like a quality product. All in all I am happy with the purchase, I was just disappointed the sunscreen did not fit the top from side to side. Still give it a high rating though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, steel construction and easy to assemble, November 10, 2013
LF Homeowner (Lake Forest, CA) - See all my reviews
Very sturdy. Except for the fabric top, all steel contruction. Straightforward to assemble. Door latch can be a bit balky at times, but it -- and the door and its hinges -- seem strong. Plenty of room to keep our two cats from escaping when on our outside balcony. Initially I was concerned that the cats could claw through the fabric cover, but that was unfounded. Even though the cat tree inside the kennel allows them to reach the ceiling, they can't really claw at it. One unforeseen benefit: Since each panel is joined to its neighbor with two (sturdy) bolted brackets, they can be vertically offset from each other enough to accommodate an uneven floor. In our case the balcony floor slopes up in one corner to direct rain toward a center drain. By vertically offsetting the two panels in the higher corner by an inch or so the kennel can sit solidly without rocking. Definitely meets our needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, June 8, 2012
kathy f. (austin, texas, US) - See all my reviews
I saw this at our local pet store for over 100.00 more.

Ordered it and it came within 3 days and arrived in good shape. We put it together in about 1 and 1/2 hours. It is perfect for my dog. It is sturdy and well made. I highly recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›