5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, Affordable, and Works!, December 10, 2013
This review is from: PetSafe In-Ground Deluxe Radio Fence PRF-304W (Misc.)
Easy to install (I watched while my husband did it), We followed the training instructions and our dog learned quickly to not cross the electric fence. She hasn't crossed it or escaped since she was trained. We had looks at having an electric fence put in by companies and it was going to cost us at least $1000 to do our property. We have a big yard so we did buy some extra wiring. The whole project prob cost $200 and a weekend worth of instillation. I think it's a small price to pay to keep my dog whom I love safe! I can't recommend it enough!

4.0 out of 5 stars Packs a punch, February 14, 2012
jim@OKC (Oklahoma City, OK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PetSafe In-Ground Deluxe Radio Fence PRF-304W (Misc.)
Just finished installing this at my daughter's house. She has a fenced back yard, but the dog kept digging under it and she was afraid she would have to get rid of her. Since the dog is otherwise very sweet and a wonderful playmate for my 6-year-old granddaughter, I knew we had to do something to keep her. We installed the fence, not in the ground, but on the existing fence a few inches off the ground and looped back some 3 feet above that wire. To begin, I should have set the collar at level 3. Instead, I set it at 5 and gave the poor dog a really rough shock. I set it to 3 and she feels it but doesn't yelp like she's being tortured. At the moment, she is leery of going back outside, but I think she'll be ok as soon as she realizes she still has the rest of the yard to play in.

PetSafe In-Ground Deluxe Radio Fence PRF-304W