The issue here is that the amazon dimension details seem to be for the size of the packaging box and not the flap opening. So it is difficult to determine the correct replacement size.
If you zoom in on the product image. I was able to make it large enough to read the dimensions for the opening as listed on the actual packaging image,
X-Large 13.5 x 23
Published on February 14, 2012 by doug

1.0 out of 5 stars Replacing ...AGAIN
Published 14 months ago by kellbell

4.0 out of 5 stars Get the real dimensions from the image (zoom in until you can read it), February 14, 2012
X-Large 13.5 x 23

1.0 out of 5 stars Replacing ...AGAIN, September 4, 2013
I have 2 Active Weimaraners.9 and 10 years old..When we brought them home in 2010, we put in a dog door in our sunroom so they could have acess to the back yard whichi is a quarter acre.. The original door bought at PET SMART, Had a design where the plastic flap slid thru a track that was attached to the framework mounted in the door.We have always had dogs and used various size dog doors from this same company over the years. All was well for a couple of years and then the door started to show signs of wear and tear so I went back to Pet Smart and could NOT find that same design but indeed was told and forced to buy this redesigned flap that has little holes across the top and it now takes 4 hands to do the job of 2 hands to get this contraption mounted, with all the hardware.. I wrote and complained about this some time ago and actually spoke to someone who could only send me replacement hardware and a new metal bracket to attach it to!, Which is not the problem AND I have already used that by now and am now having to order YET AGAIN a new replacement flap because it keeps tearing at the point of where the little screws hold the flap to the bracket...ACK! This is SO annoying! I am replacing these Flaps on a regular basis!! WHY OH WHY Must BETTER FASTER CHEAPER be the way Companies go to save a buck, change something that was working and force the consumer to settle for, well lets face it! Junk! So, Here I GO Again!

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE READ ABOUT SIZE!!!, December 20, 2011
This review is from: PetSafe Replacement Flap, Large for PetSafe Freedom Door (Misc.)
Not sure why so many have a problem with replacement sizes. All petsafe dog doors for at least the last ten years have a part number at the top of the flap, right under the aluminum strip. It will look like this - P/N 700-416, that number is just to show you. You do not need to measure if it is a petsafe replacement, just use that number.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not True To Size, November 24, 2010
Another review said the pet door was "slightly small around the edges." My large PetSafe door flap measures 11 1/4 X 18 1/2 inches. Slightly smaller I could have dealt with. The product demensions claim 1.4 x 0.6 x 18.9 inches. Not only is this confusing since there isn't an accurate width, but it is simply NOT TRUE!!! The product box it comes in accurately labels it as 10 1/8 X 15 3/4. I was going to return the door, but was unable to find a replacement flap the size of my door. My door is almost 10 years old now. Maybe they have quit making replcement flaps in these demensions. I was able to make the size work for me by placing one inch foam pipe covering down the side and along the bottom of the dog door frame. This will not be enough if you live in a cold climate. We only get about a week out of the year that is below 30 degrees. If you live in a more extreme climate and have one of these older doors you may have to relplace the whole unit.

The product is well made and sturdy. My review is based on the misrepresentation of the product by the amazon site.

4.0 out of 5 stars good.., April 5, 2010
I got this door to replace my old one the one problem i do have with this product is the magnet isn't as strong as i would like it to be as soon as wind comes it blows open...kinda annoying if you have heat or ac on you are defeating the purpose...however i love my doggie door everyone can get out from my 4lb papillion to my 75lb Pyrenees. they us it ALOT so i will be replacing it again in about a 6 months..

2.0 out of 5 stars Love the dog door, not the replacement, February 17, 2014
I searched for my replacement part number EXACTLY - this door came up. Picture shown has the part number I need EXACTLY, PAC11-11038. Received the flap and low and behold it has no holes for the screws and it's far too short. It's not even the same COLOR. I received part #4-0111-11. Does anything about those two numbers seem similar to anyone out there? They certainly don't to me, except having a few ones in common.

To whoever said they don't know why people are having problems - well obviously Petsafe changed the set up for the flap installation. "Been the same for 10 years", but OBVIOUSLY has NOW changed, dude. The installation of the flap no longer entails screws securing the plastic between two plates, rather the flap's new design fits into a clamp type setup.

It seems to me, when you search for a replacement part and a result comes up that MATCHES the search in EVERY way, you kind of EXPECT to get the part you ordered, not a newer door flap to a newer model with a newer type of installation. Just sayin'...

I would've given it a one star because I should've gotten what I ordered, not just a door someone grabbed off the shelf, but I think the new design is FAR better and wish that it WOULD fit my door. : /

4.0 out of 5 stars ok, but small, July 10, 2010
The relacement came as promised, however it was slightly small around the side edges. It could have been a better fit.

2.0 out of 5 stars well....., February 2, 2013
i bought this to replace the flap that had broken. i ordered the part based on what appeared on the original packaging. when this showed up, i was surprised to find that it didn't fit the door i have. after some research, it turns out what i ordered is correct....for the newer model of the door i own.......

i had to do some work to make it fit, but i'm really sort of annoyed that there's no information posted about this on the site. you'd think the manufacturer would want people to know this.

so kudos to amazon, you did what you were supposed to do. to the manufacturer- post the freakin info would ya?

5.0 out of 5 stars Pet Door, July 16, 2013
I was happy when I opened the box and discovered it was an exact match to the old door. Our installation did require two people as our door was an in-wall door. The quality of the replacement door was high. Happy I took the chance and ordered it.

2.0 out of 5 stars not an improvement, December 9, 2013
the top of the flap where the holes are tear on both sides and the sides don't hold their shape like the old ones did and on the bigger flaps the two big dogs going in and out the screws fall out all the time had to put in screws with nuts on them that did the trick.