PetSafe Wall Entry Aluminum Pet Door
When you get home after a long day, you want to relax on the couch. When your favorite television show is on, you don’t want to miss a moment. Sit back and relax. PetSafe’s Wall Entry Aluminum Pet Door will let your pet control her own schedule.
Picture a door in your utility room instead of your front or back door. Put it in your pet’s favorite spot behind the couch to give her easy access outside. It can also be used between rooms to give your pet her own entry to the bedroom from the hall way when your door is closed. The Wall Entry Aluminum Pet Door gives you the flexibility to install it in a more discreet area than traditional cat doors or dog doors.
Installation is easy:
Anyone with a few DIY skills can install a Wall Entry Aluminum Pet Door in a few hours. After you determine the location for the pet door, find the studs in the area. Locate the center between the two studs, and trace the included template where you want the pet door. Remove the template and cut out the hole in your wall. Then, follow the same process on the outside of the wall. After cutting the openings, install and attach the interior and exterior frames. You are now ready to train your pet. A more detailed installation guide is included and video support for installation of the door is available.
Training your pet:
Teaching your pet to use the door is very simple. You can temporarily tape both flaps up and talk your pet into going through. Encourage your pet with a treat or toys. It works best if you are on one side of the door and your pet is on the other. If she will not go through the door, do not force her. Wait for her to go on her own and reward her with praise when she does.
Sizes to fit any pet:
Wall Entry Aluminum Pet Doors come in three separate sizes to fit any and every pet. The small Wall Entry Aluminum Pet Door is best for pets up to 15 lbs., while the medium sized door is suggested for animals between 16 and 40 lbs. The large door works for pets up to 100 lbs. Each may be installed in interior or exterior wall materials 4 3/4” to 7 1/4" thick. A Wall Extension Tunnel can be purchased separately for installation in thicker walls up to 12”, such as brick.
- Double-flap system insulates for energy efficiency
- Easy do-it-yourself kit complete with instructions makes installing your pet door simple.
- Aluminum frame with durable plastic telescoping tunnel fits wall thickness 4 3/4” to 7 1/4".
- Additional purchase of an extension tunnel allows for installation in wall thickness up to 12".
- Slide-in Closing Panel included to use when you do not want your pet to use the door.
Three sizes help owners find the right door for their pet.
- Small (Pets up to 15 lbs)
- Cut-out size: 6 3/8”w x 10 1/16”h
- Outer frame: 9 1/4"w x 13”h
- Flap opening: 5 1/4" x 7 1/2"h
Medium (Pets between 16 and 40 lbs.)
- Cut-out size: 9 9/16”w x 14 5/16”h Large (Pets between 40 and 100 lbs)
- Outer frame: 12 1/4”w x 17 1/8”h
- Flap opening: 8 1/4"w x 11 1/4"h
- Cut-out size: 11 7/16”w x 18 1/8”h
- Outer frame: 14 1/4"”w x 21 1/16”h
- Flap opening: 10 3/8”w x 15 3/8”h
What’s in the box:
- 1 PetSafe Wall Entry Aluminum Pet Door with flaps (small, medium, or large)
- 1 Closing Panel
- 8 drywall screws
- 1 Center Locator
- 8 washers
- 8 Toggle Bolts
- 1 Cutting Template
- 1 Installation Guide
Easy to install, do-it-yourself pet door for your wall. Telescoping tunnel to accommodate both 2 x 4" and 2" x 6" construction. Double flap construction with adjustable sill and extra strong magnets ensures excellent insulation factor. Durable aluminum frame. Includes a non-rusting locking closing panel. For dogs 100 lbs and under."