Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on April 27, 2013
I like this a lot. I bought the whole system with the collars a while back when i bought a house without fences for the first time. You plug it in the wall and if you like your dog you spend a few weeks training them like the instructions say to. After a while, they know. Our dog loves the freedom of staying in the front yard watching everyone. You can also take this system on vacations and your dogs are already trained on the beep and flags to stay within the boundary you set. I bought this second unit because my yard is deeper than wider and I needed two units to allow front and back yard access without allowing them to go into the neighbors yards. The only problem i have had is my next door neighbor has a buried wire fence and I think it cancels out a hole when my radius gets too close to it. I am still trying to tweak it. I wish they would make it waterproof. I have mine in a Tupperware clear box on the back porch.
on December 23, 2014
This is a great product! Only took my Shepherd about 5 times getting zapped to never leaving the yard again. Set up was super easy. We did put two together to make bigger and did notice where they intercept the dog will get a warning so ended up not as big as an area but still works great. Oh and the only reason it took 5 times for him to learn was that fact the collar was too loose and I didn't have the longer prongs. After getting the longer prongs and tightening up the collar, he was contained and hasn't even thought about leaving the yard. What he used to go running after such as dogs, neighbors, joggers, cats etc..won't so much even think about it. So much easier than the underground. I know several people that have the underground and are constantly looking for and fixing a break somewhere in the line. I plugged this in 6 months ago and never have had an issue. I had an estimate for the same size area for an underground and it was $998.00 total. With the two transmitters, longer prongs, and extra batteries this way cost me $220.
on January 20, 2010
We had the other style fence with the wire "in ground", but at our current house that was going to be a difficult install (cross a driveway etc.) plus it would not be easy to move/adjust the location if it did not work out. This unit solves that. As long as the site for the base unit (in the house) is not below grade ( the signal is blocked by dense objects like the ground - duh) and your yard area is fairly flat this unit works perfectly. A dial allows adjustment for the range (roughly a circle around the unit. The collar eats batteries - my only minor issue, wish we had a rechargeable one.
on January 21, 2012
I admit that husband didn't lift a finger to train Mr. Dog on how to adjust to wireless life. No flags, no anything, just slapped the collar on him, letting Mr. Dog figure it out on his own. I wasn't happy with husband, but lo and behold, Mr. Dog learned his boundaries in less than a day all on his own.

A few words of caution:

1. The batteries to the collar fail from time to time, sometimes without notice. When Mr. Dog figures it out before we do, he makes a run for it.

2. During a "jailbreak", for some explainable reason, the collar sprang back to life half a mile away. By the time I found him, poor Mr. Dog was getting mercilessly shocked, over and over, with no means of escape. One theory as to why it came back to life, is that it had to do with the fact that the neighbors also own a PetSafe unit.I got shocked several times myself trying to remove the collar from a very panicked Mr. Dog.

3. Beware that the collar can be a cruel thing in the hands of careless owners like myself. Also, consider the fact that other animals can enter and exit your yard at will while your dog is trapped within the unit's boundary. In a vicious fight this would leave your dog with a serious disadvantage.

Overall, I think it's a great device, well worth the money and convenience, but it's not fail safe.
on December 6, 2014
We love this wireless fence transmitter. Our dogs (a mastiff and a beagle/shepard mix) never stray over the line. It gives a warning beep before it shocks them and all they need is to hear that beep and they turn back. It lets you set the distance you want so if you want to make the area your dogs run smaller or larger you can. It is also portable which is awesome. We always take our dogs on trips with us and we can just set this unit up wherever there is a plug.
on December 14, 2015
This was our second control center. The other one lasted 3-4 years. Hope this one lasts longer! I highly recommend this set up for your dogs. It allows them freedom while keeping them safe at the same time!
on October 21, 2010
We have a long, narrow yard, so we needed a second transmitter to give our pup access to all the areas we wanted him to have access to. We've mounted it in a weather-proof container on a post in the yard, and so far, so good.
on August 13, 2015
It works well

Clifford England
England’s Orchard and Nursery
2338 HIGHWAY 2004
Mc Kee, KY. 40447-8342
Specializing in alternative crops.
www.nuttrees.net
on November 27, 2013
We bought this unit to extend our other pet safe unit. Works great! Our dog now has an even larger area. We mounted this unit at my mother in-law/neighbor's house. Our dog is now free to visit her "grandma". It's been a great tool for us and it's really kept our "PetSafe". I'm not sure it would work with every dog. But I'll bet if properly trained and acclimated, it would work for most. A low level (#2)works for our dog. I've personally tested #4, it GETS your attention (I did not try #5).
on October 8, 2014
Product excellent as expected. This base unit was purchased to put in an addition to our farm house and extend the containment area to allow our Irish Wolfhound an additional hundred feet or so of accessible area. The existing unit is about 15 years old and still working fine.