PetZen DogTread Dog Treadmill, Up to 30-Pounds, Small
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Dog-specific treadmill designed for the way a dog learns, thinks, and moves
- Open Stride low-profile running platform reinforces and aids in proper gait form
- Programmable Speed ( 0-5 mph), Distance and Time; Pre-Program Workouts
- Durable, portable, SlimLINE design Saves Space on its side or nose
- Run Area: 30x14 inches; Product Dims: 44 x20x21 inches; 47 lbs; Some Assembly
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The first week I didn't turn it on at all. After the first week, I started to feed my dog on the platform. When she was used to jumping up on it, I made sure that she was on lead and started it up on the slowest speed. I gave her lots of treats and praises. Each day I increased the speed and time a little and continued with the treats. As I was training her, I played around with various speeds until I found that 2.5 mph was the best speed for her gait. The training took about a month all together.
My dog uses it about four or five days a week and stays on for about 45 minutes to one hour without a lead. I still use a treat to lure her on it, but once she starts, she stays on by herself. I now keep the treadmill in my garage along with a big fan for warmer days. I always warm her down slowly to the slowest speed before she dismounts. This is a truly wonderful device, and it has solved the problem of my inability (bad knee) to walk her.
I HIGHLY recommend the PetZen DogTread, and the small dog size doesn't take up very much space. There is a youtube video of my Coco Chanel the French Bulldog on her PetZen Treadmill:
A few weeks after I got it, the treadmill started having errors and wouldn't run properly. Since I purchased the treadmill through a third party, I thought the PetZen service department would give me a hard time when it came to repairing the treadmill. BUT I was quite wrong. I sent an email to customer service asking if there was a reset or something that would fix the problem. A service rep was on the phone calling me within 10 minutes and said that the issue was static-electricity in the bone control-console. He said he would put a new one in the mail the next mail delivery free of charge. I had it within 2 days and I haven't had a problem since.
If you can afford the product, I would recommend it to anyone! It is great for me and my energetic dog!
1. I thought the assembly instructions were awful, but it might have just been me. It took me forever to understand the first step. I ended up putting it together the way I thought it should have been put together, which wasn't exactly according to the directions.
2. I had to go to an external site to find what kind of dogs should use a small treadmill, or what it was rated for. The maximum weight for this unit is 30 pounds, but that's not the only criteria to use. According to the site I found, this unit is rated for Shelties (as well as for smaller breeds), but I think a Sheltie should actually be on the medium unit.
3. The packaging. Lord love a duck. There was a box, then a box within a box, within a box. You know those Russian nesting dolls? I think I ended up with four boxes. I still haven't broken all of them down.
I would recommend that anyone considering buying a treadmill for their dog check out some Youtube videos. The way I got my Sheltie familiar with it was to put food on the belt, encourage him to jump on, and then feed him once he was there. Once he was familiar with the treadmill (one day), I started it slowly. He picked up the walking right away, although I still give him a piece of kibble every minute and constantly encourage him. He's up to 15 minutes, twice a day.
Even with all its annoyances, I'm really glad I got this treadmill. It seems sturdy and powerful enough to last, my dog loves it, and he's walking every day.
UPDATE: My Sheltie is up to 30 minutes a day, twice a day. For once, he's getting the exercise he needs. Can't wait until he gets weighed at the vet.Read more ›
- You can use it flat or at an incline
- It looks nice and can easily be put up against the wall when not in use. I was thinking about just getting a full sized treadmill (so we could share!), but this is much more compact, aesthetically pleasing, and convenient.
- My dog LOVES it. He can't wait to get on it when I go to pull it down into position. Of course, he ends up getting a lot of treats while he's on it.
- It has two little wells at the front where you can place a treat every once in a while to keep the dog motivated. It's very convenient, especially when you're starting out.
The not so good:
- I had some problems with the belt when I first got the treadmill- it kept shifting to one side. Apparently all you have to do is tighten one bolt and loosen another to get the belt to stay perfectly in the middle. It took a couple tries, but it's fixed now and I haven't had any problems since.
- I think the treadmill might be a little too short for my dog. Its perfect at low speeds, but once we reach a fast-ish jog/trotting speed, I get kind of worried that my dog is going to slip off. My dog's front and hind legs are only about 18 inches apart when standing still, but obviously this distance increases when he's walking. If he stays perfectly in the center of the treadmill, he's fine.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great but my dogs would not use it....too afraid. Anyone want a good deal?Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer
Love it! It came well packaged and was easy to assemble. My dog loves to exercise on it everyday. Very well constructed.Published 18 months ago by linda thomas
I bought this for my papillon/daschund mix in 2011 when we found out she had a life - threatening heart condition and it became more important than ever that she get regular... Read morePublished 19 months ago by Krista N White
Like every other dog-loving-canine-cuddler, the second I saw the PetZen DogTread Dog Treadmill I knew this was a “must buy” (I even paid extra to get it delivered over night--boy... Read morePublished 21 months ago by Matt
I've owned the small PetZen Treadmill for over a year now (purchased through eBay) and have been extremely satisfied with this product. Read morePublished on January 10, 2014 by Brass Monkey
The customer service is phenomenal! I made a mistake with operating it and the company worked with me with courtesy. Read morePublished on July 20, 2013 by JoA
HAve owned a demo, mid-sized tredmill for our Mini Schnauzer Luci Roo. We have used it without any problems for almost a yeazar...come April. It's wonderful!! Read morePublished on February 24, 2013 by drphilipjay
We bought this treadmill for our Miniature Australian Shepherd, hoping it would take care of her exercise needs as the snow piled up outside. Read morePublished on February 4, 2013 by CheerioGirl
could be more user friendly if it didn't take so many steps to start it up.
My previouse dog jogger was easy, flip a switch, turn on, turn a dial to time it and set... Read more