5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids book
What a great book. My daughter loved the story and was easy to follos.
When Pete wakes up on Easter morning, he finds that the Easter Bunny needs his help! Read along to find out if Pete can help the Easter Bunny before Easter is over! This story comes complete with a poster, punch-out cards, and stickers.
Published 13 months ago by B. Allyn

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Pete's Best
Published 13 months ago by James Saunders

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Pete's Best, February 7, 2014
This review is from: Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure (Hardcover)
My 3-year-old loves Pete the Cat books and is pretty much obsessed with the White Shoes book and Pete's Wheels on the Bus. We also have the Pete Saves Christmas for holiday bedtime. I figured the Easter book would be right along the same lines as the Christmas one. Not so much. The Christmas one rhymes decently and has a little song (though cheesy) that runs through it. It also has the all-important VW bus that hipster Pete drives.

This book doesn't have much of the groovy stuff of the other books and is somewhat blah. I hate to say that I expected more from a children's book about a spazzy-looking cat, but I kind of did. So, does it get the bedtime job done? Sure. Does it do it with rock 'n roll style? Nope.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the same without Eric Litwin, February 11, 2014
This review is from: Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure (Hardcover)
The Pete the Cat books without the collaboration of Eric Litwin as an author just isn't the same. It's missing the fun little jingle that was written into the first Pete the Cat books. It just seems to fall flat. My daughter requests the Pete the Cat books that Eric Litwin authored vs. the new ones without him.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not our favorite Pete the Cat book, February 11, 2014
First, I'd better be honest. We LOVE Pete the Cat (PTC). Our entire family can sing all the PTC songs, and despite the fact that we are FIRMLY "dog people" we are considering getting a cat, just to name him Pete. I love the books, I love Pete with his almost-rastafarian laid back attitude. And PTC's phrase "goodness no" has prevented our son from melting down into tears several times....when Mommy says, "And do we cry?" he'll respond, "Goodness No!" Especially if it is something semi-silly. But I digress. Pete the Cat's big Easter adventure is less "big" and even less "an adventure" it's just a little boring, It just doesn't have the 'ZING!" of rocking my school shoes or my buttons, my buttons, my four groovy buttons! Nothing we found as catchy. I think this one will sit on the shelf rather than getting the extensive reading time of the other books in the series. Yet we're anxiously awaiting the delivery of the tractor book....We love you PTC!

2.0 out of 5 stars Writing just isn't the same, June 11, 2014
This review is from: Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure (Hardcover)
We miss the Pete books written by Eric Litwin. The writing just doesn't have the same flair and appeal for myself or my kids as the first Pete the Cat books. I don't think we will be purchasing anymore Pete books, which is a shame, because the character was really cute and fun in the hands on Mr. Litwin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great kids book, February 2, 2014
This review is from: Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure (Hardcover)
What a great book. My daughter loved the story and was easy to follos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with Pete the Cat!, March 16, 2014
This review is from: Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure (Hardcover)
I purchased this to go into my son's Easter basket. They are K-2 and love all of the Pete the Cat books. The hardcover book I received even came with a bonus poster and stickers. Personally I would have preferred it without because we won't be displaying the poster and they are too into stickers. However my 2 year old it so I will just rip them out for him. But with a nice hardcover book I would have preferred not to have 'rip-outs.'

3.0 out of 5 stars Where's the music?, April 19, 2014
This review is from: Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure (Hardcover)
Love Pete the Cat, cute illustrations, ok story that teaches helping others....the poster was nice and the Easter cards were an added attraction....It would have been a great book if there had been music with the story....that's what drew me to the first Pete books...so sad no funky song!

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, May 15, 2014
This review is from: Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure (Hardcover)
Cute book but was not as cute as the other Pete the cat books we have read in the past

3.0 out of 5 stars Was expecting more..., April 28, 2014
Lulu (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure (Hardcover)
The book was cute, but I expected my son to want to read it again and again, and he hasn't. It's our first Pete the Cat book, and he always tell me how funny he is because he reads him at school... He didn't seem very amused by this story at all, unfortunately. Was debating between this and the original Pete the Cat book for his Easter, I think I made the wrong choice.

It does come with a poster, stickers, and Easter cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, May 4, 2014
Suzan Lawrence (Brentwood, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure (Hardcover)
This book is really sweet. I purchased it for an elementary school library where I volunteer. I read the story primarily to kindergarten students. I know they like a story when they are attentive and don't talk among themselves--their eyes were riveted on this book. At the back of the book is a page with stickers and then two pages of Easter cards--more appropriate for private use. The stickers and cards were cute.

Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure
Pete the Cat: Big Easter Adventure by James Dean (Hardcover - January 28, 2014)
$9.99 $9.70