Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pete the Cat: Valentine's Day Is Cool
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on November 26, 2013
This title was preordered because I love the Pete the Cat books. The original books were fun to read (sing) and the children loved them during story time at the library. The story itself is not that bad. When I preordered, I did not realize that there was a large full size fold out poster and a sheet of stickers attached at the beginning of the book and two sheets of Valentine's Day cards attached in the middle of the book. Not sure how to remove the extras so I can use the book for a story time. I prefer Eric Litwin as the author and not Mr. and Mrs. Dean. I still love James Dean's illustrations.
on January 30, 2014
So very dissapointed that the Pete in this book is so negative. I agree with other reviewers that the loss of Mr Litwin is noticible in this publication. Pete seems panicky, and negative through the book and not cool like in white shoes and groovy buttons. This book is certianly not worth the money. I will cherish the old pete books!
on January 31, 2014
Like others have said, it's not like previous Pete the Cat books. You can't sing it, it's not as catchy/memorable, so I was a little disappointed. But it is sweet, and my kids dug the inserts. Price for the hardback is MUCH better than ordering through my kid's Scholastic Book Club.
on January 20, 2014
This Pete the Cat is NOT like the others. It is not a sing-a-long book and it quite lacking. Will not be purchasing any future releases.
on February 10, 2014
We love the Pete the Cat books, how lyrical they are to read/sing. This definitely is a regular story, and as much as I appreciate a husband/wife team effort (esp for valentines day), the only thing that resembles Pete is the art, not the personality. As Pete says, "it's all good", but not my first choice. My girl didn't notice since she loves reading, but I certainly did.
on January 31, 2015
One is not like the other. Pete the Cat is being prostituted by the illustrator for $$. No creativity outside pictures. The writing is stale, boring and particullary negative in this Valentines title. This is not Pete the Cat that author Eric Litwin brought to life in the first books of the series. Our home will be boycotting Dean's work while we await the next release from Mr. Litwin.
on March 9, 2015
This book was disappointing. I bought it since my son is a major Pete The Cat fan but he wasnt interested in this book at all and frankly neither was I. There is no song, no asking questions, no fun story line. It was basically "hey its valentines day, watch me make cards for people, the end." The best part of the whole book was the valentines day cards inside. The poster was incredibly dumb and went in the trash pretty quickly. Its a picture of the cover of the book, and then its a picture of the book showing the cover. Pointless. I wouldn't recommend buying this unless you are only looking to get the valentines day cards.
on March 7, 2015
We love this Pete the Cat book! While the book itself isn't very long, it came with a fold-out poster with the image on the front and Valentines! It turned into a whole project and my son's classmates loved the Valentines!
on March 12, 2014
Ever since the author change, Pete the cat has lost some of the magic, the art is still great, but this is starting to feel more like, see spot, see spot run, rather then the great songs about losing buttons, or changing colors on your shoes. If you (and your kids of course) like Pete the cat, add it to your collection, otherwise, the original, and the buttons are much better books.
on March 25, 2016
My preschooler is in love with Pete the Cat. This was another favorite in the series. It contains perforated Valentine's Day cards, 12 of them, that she hand wrote and gave out to her classmates. She was pretty psyched about that! The book itself has a good lesson about showing appreciation for friends and family, in this case through Valentine's Day art. Great message, and it gets plenty of repeat reading in this house.