5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 1, 2014
This review is from: Peter And The Ghost (Story #23) (Peter And The Monsters) (Kindle Edition)
Great set of books. I have to keep buying them to read them. They go fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a kids series, April 6, 2014
I love the first line of this book 'Being a Ninja SUCKED.' Kids, the fact that anything might be hard work is a foreign concept to them. Despite the first part of the book being about Peter's ninja training, the author does a great job of keeping things interesting.

But its once we meet Lydia, the ghost, that things really start to pick up. The ghost is truly terrifying, and because she doesn't have a physical form to harm Peter's new ninja training can only help him so much.

At least this time Grandfather volunteers information to help Dill and Peter, and even plays a significant role in defeating the wandering spirit. Overall this is a very solid and fun entry into the Peter and the Monsters series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, June 28, 2013
It amazes me how entertained I am by two 4th graders. These stores are so well written I can't wait for the next story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book. Very creepy but still suitable for younger children., June 7, 2013
Matthew (Henrietta, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
Another excellent book by Darren Pillsbury. He always has a way with creating both humor and a level of startling terror in a book. The ghost of the title is an excellent use of an often over used monster.

I recommend the book highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter and Darren are a favorite at my house, May 8, 2013
The only problem I have ever seen with any of Darren Pillsbury's books is that he needs to write quicker! The Peter and series is a wonderful series that takes a young boy to his Grumpy Grandfathers house and from there it's a never ending story of Evil forces and Good conquering all. I love the series and would only suggest that you start your journey at the beginning. You will love it and come to look forward to Peter as he grows up and learns the mystery of his family "curse"

5.0 out of 5 stars clburnett, March 27, 2013
I love all of the Peter books and my children enjoy them also. My only complaint is that I need Mr. Pillsbury to write faster! Lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series!!, March 20, 2013
This is a great series for young and old alike! I am 60 yrs old and read these even when I am not reading it to my granddaughter. Great characters!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, March 12, 2013
I have become a big fan of Darren Pillsbury and very much enjoy this whole series. Fast moving story line and Dill is such a hoot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Series of these books are spellbinding, February 16, 2013
I enjoy the spell binding story and the fact that you can easily imagine everything going on. His descriptions are fantastic and even though I am not a child, I enjoyed the whole series. I look forwards to his other books after he finished them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, November 20, 2012
Carl (paris, mi, United States) - See all my reviews
I am enjoying all the Peter and the Monsters books by Darren Pillsbury. Can not wait till the next release

Rate and Discover Movies