Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon August 29, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If it was taste alone, it would be 4 stars - for those who want a sweet peanut butter.

However, there are several things that keep this at 2.5 stars:

My first complain is the ingredients:
1. Barely any honey. (it is the last ingredient on the long list of ingredients)
2. Sweetened with sugar (as opposed to honey)
3. Filled with hydrogenated oils (rapeseed, cottonseed)
4. In addition to partially hydrogenated cottonseed oil again (why the need for a fully hydrogenated one, and a partial one is bizarre)
5. Then more sugar at the end.

The amounts of unnecessary sugar and modified oils, makes it ironic given their statement: "Wholesome products for wholesome kids". Sounds like a joke to me. At least it uses sugar as opposed to high fructose corn syrup, I kept it at 2 stars.

Here are the other factors:
1. Taste (not very peanut buttery) since it is a lot of oils and sugar, you don't really taste the peanut butter and peanut oil which is removed from this product in lieu of the hydrogenated ones. Some people who like sugary peanut butter (like generic Skippy) will be fine with this. But if you typically eat Adams, or other more nautral peanut butter (whose only ingredient on the list is peanuts) this will be lacking.
2. Doesn't taste like honey. Not surpising given their ingredient list.

Pros:
- The taste is fine, in general, and I did eat this despite my reservations.

I am always confused why it's so hard to keep the product simple and natural.
The only 2 ingredients I would expect in the package are honey and peanuts. I guess if the package said: "Sugary and hydrogenated oily Peanut butter" it wouldn't sell as much as honey roasted creamy. But the former is a more accurate representation of what this is.
on May 13, 2013
I normally prefer crunchy peanut butter but this stuff is tops. My favorite PB ever.

My mom bought this and since I always swing by and eat all of her food, I was able to try this out. I ate the whole jar in 2 or 3 days and then ordered my own off Amazon (and replaced mom's jar).

I have a major sweet tooth and this is perfect. You can definitely taste the honey but it's not so strong that it drowns out the taste of the PB. I have also noticed that this goes on smoother than regular smooth style peanut butter because of the honey mixed in.

I have eaten it on bagels as well as bread and it's so good I can eat it with a spoon. I have also found a couple tiny pieces of honeycomb in this which enhanced the flavor (I knew that's what it was because I've eaten fresh honey before and eaten the honeycomb).

The jars I received from Amazon were very fresh with an expiration date of 6/14 so I will definitely order this from Amazon again. Highly recommend.
on August 28, 2012
My 3 year old daughter is a Peanut Butter fiend. She will eat PB Sandwiches every day, three times a day. Without fail we have tried many different kinds of peanut butter and recently had a very large jar of Jif that tasted terrible. When I lived in the midwest this was my go-to brand and flavor so I decided to order it since it was on sale with the subscribe and save discount.
Once I got the shipment my teenagers thought I was crazy for ordering six jar's of peanut butter through the internet. Once they tried it, they could not believe it. Our family has gone through the 6 jars in less than a month. So luckily since I have the subscribe and save, I was able to just hop back online and order another 6 pack. Love the price, love the product and love the free shipping! So glad I was able to find my favorite peanut butter and all of the kids and even my husband love it.
VINE VOICEon July 23, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I should have known that it wouldn't taste very peanuty or even have a hint of honey... and unfortunately I was right..It is overly sweetened with sugar.. not honey..and then filled with oil.. not even peanut oil rather rapeseed and cottonseed oil.

well if you want to eat peanuts and hydrogenated oil( rapeseed and cottonseed oil)) this is the product for you...
The product is just sugar, peanuts and Oil... the honey in the name is the smallest component in the product and therefore it should be called peanut sugar oil...spread...
......... No taste of honey in this item..and certainly not a peanut butter like you would expect.
Do your self a favor and get a more natural product with minimal or no sugar added... and definitely one that doesn't add MORE OIL to the mix.

I will forgo a reorder of this product in place of getting some real peanut butter...
VINE VOICEon August 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a crunchy-peanut-butter kind of gal, and never eat the creamy stuff. The last time I had creamy peanut butter, I was seven years old. That was years before the Kennedy assassinations. I am a loyal fan of honey-roast crunchy peanut butter, but thought I'd expand my horizons and try the Peter Pan Honey Roast CREAMY Peanut Butter. Wow, is it good!!! I haven't tried it in a sandwich, but it makes a great dip for crackers, pretzels, apples, pears, and bananas. Also, animal crackers and, according to my dogs, Milk Bones. And, if you're really decadent and don't have to share the jar, it's good off the tips of your fingers. Or, if you're civilized, a spoon. I can't comment on the product healthwise, because I actually am not that interested. I'll just attest to the fact that it is super creamy and very enjoyable.
on October 7, 2013
I love this peanut butter! I eat it with a spoon right out of the jar. It does have a sweet taste so if you are not into that with your peanut butter better try another style since this one has honey in it. No need for jelly!!
Perfectly smooth, creamy, spreads easily without ever ripping the bread and tastes great. I don't taste much honey at all, but that is ok with me because it still tastes great. This is probably the best tasting peanut butter I have used so far. We go through it quickly in our house, so I am always buying different brands depending on what is on sale at the time - peanut butter is expensive nowadays! I was elated to find this at such a great price here at Amazon and was even more satisfied with the purchase after I tasted it.
VINE VOICEon August 9, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
My son has eaten peanut butter and honey sandwiches for years and eats them several times a week so I am never out of peanut butter or honey but this bottle has them BOTH in a spreadable form that is perfect.
He loves the taste and he can easily make his own sandwiches with very little mess as the honey is in the peanut butter and it is still a firm yet creamy product. No more dealing with sticky honey bottles that would crystallize and frustrate him when he wanted his favorite snack. This is a staple in our house now and I don't have to buy honey ever again.
on December 9, 2015
I don't know what this is but it is not Peanut Butter I hate it. If you close your eyes and took a taste test you would never know this thing is peanut butter. I have always bought Skippys Natural peanut Butter and that actually taste like peanuts but this taste nothing like peanuts and it is Just extra sweet. I will never ever buy again back to skippy for me
TOP 500 REVIEWERon July 28, 2013
Today, I made myself an open-faced peanut butter sandwich using the Peter Pan Honey Roast Creamy Peanut Butter. Nothing was added to the sandwich except bread and the honey roast peanut butter. The sandwich was so delicious I wanted to eat another. I didn't as I am trying to watch my calorie intake, but the peanut butter was so good it was hard to deny myself another slice of peanut butter bliss.

This is an excellent tasting peanut butter that tastes of honey and peanuts.

Highly recommend.