Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

100%
Format: Paperback|Change

on September 19, 2012
Pat Regan has written a story that truly brings real places and Old England to life.This is a read I just could not put down and have read over again.Peter Swift is a stand out character I hope we will see in further adventures.I finished this wanting more adventures.Pat Regan has created a wonderful new character of Peter Swift a hero for all ages.The interweaving with the local area and the authors knowledge really lept off the pages and brought the Celts and Romans of this period to life and so very,very real.A time we look back at with mystery and magic in its lore and gods very much alive.The book is vivid in its detail yet does not take away from the characters.I'm not going to give anything away from this story except to say , read it,enjoy it and cherish the way it transports you to a time that is now no longer forgotten.
on October 26, 2013
I must say I thoroughly enjoyed this book!Genealogy research,and history are my two great loves. Pat Regan ,was able to create such a fanciful story line capturing so clearly the ancient days of the Celts, and Romans.Peter Swift is such a adventuresome character.I was left on the edge of my seat for the majority of this book!Intriguing, while your being educated every step of the way. A real winner. I only hope there will be more additions to this series....A must read!
on September 16, 2012
A superb read from an author steeped in our ancient past.The subjects come alive and the places are real.Interwoven into the ancient history of Lancashire,long hidden mysteries come to the surface via a well told storyline.The authors clear love and intimate understanding of his native patch of earth has revealed to us a world of mystery and intrigue told in a unique way.
Old roman forts towns and fortified settlements are cast across the authors storyline;a hidden past now revealed,with characters he brings to life so vividly you could almost reach out and touch them.Our ancient past hasn't been lost,it's just been rediscovered.A superb read.
Vic harrop