Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: DiaryChange

on February 16, 2011
Page contents below!

I found it helpful with other reviews to see a list of the pages inside the baby books. I ended up buying this one because the box with drawer was very unique and I knew I wanted a place to put baby shower cards and whatnot. The box is very sturdy, the book is cute, and the included envelopes and labels are handy. The book itself (not the pages within) is ever so slightly smaller than 8.5x11 inches. The layout is clean with plenty of white space. The pages for pasting photos give you lots of room for both photos and writing captions.

Anyway, here are the content pages (most pages have a facing page where you can paste photos):

-=Waiting for Baby=-

Sounds and Words
Yummy and Yucky Foods
Most Memorable Moments

-=Baby's First Year=-
(a page for each of the 12 months)
First Birthday

My Family Tree
44 comments149 of 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2011
I'm surprised by all the 5 star reviews. If I would have paid the $50 retail price I would have been furious. At $31 I still wish I could return it, however it's packaged in a manner such that you destroy the outer wrapping when opening it so..guess not.

The graphics are very nice, and the design with the book/box combo is convenient (and the only reason I'm rating it a 3 vs a 2).
I just don't see this as a standalone memory book and I had hoped to not need multiple. There is just very little to fill out for content in my opinion. Not even a page for hospital visitors/guests to sign, etc. I just expected more based on the reviews perhaps, so it was a disappointment.

1/4 of the pages or more are for photos, and I would have liked more room for detailed questions and actual written responses. The questions that are included...meh. "Mom's favorite song?"- really?It seems like there was thoughtful work done on the graphics and the rest of this was just phoned in. At 19.99 this would be a fine purchase with the understanding that you'd need a secondary book for more details.
22 comments39 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2009
This baby book is even better in person. If you're like me and don't care for the frilly baby books sold in stores, this is the book for you. The illustrations are adorable and perfect for parents who like something unique and wholesome. The only reason I stumbled across this baby book is because I bought a finger puppet book for my daughter called "In my Tree", I loved the illustrations so much I searched the internet to see if there were more books by Lorena Siminovich. What an amazing find. I highly recommend this baby book!
on December 30, 2009
This baby memory book and keepsake box is adorable. The artwork is so precious. The box is beautifully made and high quality. The memory book has many many pages to fill up and each page prompts you to write special things. Great spaces for adding photos, invitations, etc. I love it.
on January 31, 2010
This is absolutely the cutest baby book I have seen. There is so much room for recording all the important firsts for baby! Also, the graphics are simply adorable (I am a graphic designer, so I am kinda picky and love unique things). I also love that it is a memory box as well...it is well worth the money. I recommend this book for all new parents. Would make a very special gift for someone as well
on May 17, 2011
Love the modern graphics in this baby book! There are tons of pages to fill out info all about baby and family. There is a page for each month as well as separate pages for many of baby's firsts. There are also pages to fill in details about all the things baby does during the first year such as eating, talking, and favorites. This is great for a boy or girl. One thing to note, the book is solid orange with a space to put baby's photo on the front. The birds nest graphic is not on the cover of the book, but is on the memory box.
on April 11, 2013
I bought this book a bit over 2 years ago for my second son. I am now pregnant with our third, and I am buying one for this baby as well.
What I like about this baby memory book:
1) nice illustrations (somewhat retro)
2) lots of room for pictures - I printed many of the pictures for the book in 6x9 size (I like large photos). I also liked that there wasn't defined box to fit a picture. For my first child, I used a baby book from Carter's and really disliked that the photos all had these boxes to place them in. It posed an issue if I wanted to put in a vertical picture (if the box was horizontal) or if I wanted to place in a different size.
3) The right prompts and pages - I didn't like the teeth and vaccination type pages in the Carter's book I have. This book skips all of that and just has what I really wanted for the most part. It also ends at the first birthday which suited me perfectly.
4) Love the box to store things in. For my first one (when I used the Carter's book), I don't really have an organized approach to storing his hospital bracelet, newspaper from the day he was born, etc. With this book, it all goes in the drawer in the box. It's great!!

What I didn't like as much:
1) I would have liked a few additional pages - such as thoughts from mom and dad upon first day with baby and a sibling page. It also would be nice to have some blank pages to add additional thoughts/stories/pictures. But - for the most part, the pages that I wanted were in the book.
on January 22, 2011
I am beyond picky when it comes to things like paper, journals, books and photo albums so we took our time finding a baby book that would suit our tastes. When the Petit Collage Book and Memory box arrived, I was quite pleased. The box opens smoothly, and the keepsake envelopes with their little labels are perfect for all the little things you seem to collect from the hospital and all baby's "firsts". I love love love the artwork, and the questions and space provided for answers are good and adequate. We didn't want something completely gender color-coded either, so the warm colors and bright orange of the book was great. There is a space to pop in a photo of baby in the book's cover, and the lines are clean and modern.

My only wish for improvement is that there be a little more generic recording space. There aren't even extra blank pages in the back of the book, so I will have to get creative if I want to write more memories than fit into the space provided. Overall though, it's a small drawback, and we are already enjoying our purchase. If we have another little one, I will look for a similair set up with memory box and book - it is ideal!
on August 21, 2011
My son just turned one and his book is almost full by now. I did not have much to compare it to, besides the old baby books my husband and I had and those seemed to just focus on every detail (like health history, growth charts) without disclosing the LIFE behind the information. This book is exactly the opposite and that's great - also, with the little drawer for keepsakes it is perfect for saving little treasures and extraneous information like those charts. I also liked the drawer for storing entries I could not write / paste in right away, like the foot prints I made on a separate piece of card stock. I wish it went beyond the first year but I will be buying a blank notebook from the petit collage collection to keep with this book for a quasi diary of baby's later years. The art is just amazing - simple yet elegant. It is hard to find something today that is not all out baby kitsch, yet timeless. I hope they come out with a new edition for later babies :)).
on January 26, 2011
I was searching for months for the perfect keepsake box and baby book. The one I have for my son was everything I wanted but was out of print by the time I had my daughter and needed a second one. This one is even better than my son's, as it includes envelopes and labels for keepsakes and plenty of space for pictures. Honestly, I don't even think I have enough information to fill in every line in this book. There is so much space for writing, and tons of different topics and events for baby, I would have never thought to write down many of these things on my own. I will buy this for every friend I know that is expecting!