Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Petite Sweets: Bite-Size Desserts to Satisfy Every Sweet Tooth
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on December 29, 2010
I like the idea of "petite sweets" for a party and this book does contain several easy ideas. However, in my opinion, many of them are more suited for a casual gathering or even a child's birthday party than an elegant presentation at a dinner party or tea. That really isn't a negative, just an observation in case someone expects something more formal or creative. There are a few recipes that might qualify for that but most are simple puddings and custards, muffins, tarts, ice creams, and cakes done on a smaller scale.

The appeal is in the cute size of the desserts, utilizing things like shot glasses and special mini ramikens or cups that hold 1-2 ounces of the dessert. The recipes themselves are simple with colorful and inspiring photos.

I did enjoy looking through this book and came away with some good ideas.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 3, 2013
I've always loved Beatrice Ojakangas' recipes as she takes reasonably basic ingredients and almost like magic turns them into something that tastes truly wonderful. Her recipe writing is clearly written so a novice baker could turn out a great tasting recipe too. The only reason why I am giving her cookbook Petite Sweets: Bite-Size Desserts to Satisfy Every Sweet Tooth is I'm not interested in buying smaller baking or serving dishes. For her recipes to look their best you will need dishes such as 4 ounce dishes or 2-ounce ramekins. You will be able to use miniature muffin pans for some of her desserts. If you are starting out, and plan to bake for awhile, then you'd probably want to purchase her book and the needed dishes to make her recipes. As for me, I am winding down when it comes to cooking and baking after doing so for over 40 years. I am downsizing my baking pans and cookware. I am cutting back on my cookbooks. As I wrote earlier, for the cook wanting to cook or bake in the long run, you will love her cookbook.

I really liked her chapter called Basics where she described various types of cooking equipment and ingredients used in her cookbook.

Some of the recipes you will find in her cookbook include:

Chocolate Velvet Cakes
Dulce de Leche Cream Puffs
Applesauce Crisp
Creamy Pumpkin Mini Mousses
Maple Pecan Pies

You will find color images illustrating recipes found in her cookbook. There is an interactive table of contents making navigation easy.

Recommend.

Penmouse
on September 18, 2013
Perfect for impromptu get together, or an after school snack. Recipes on this book only has 3 to 5 ingredients only that are a staple for baking and a mainstay in most kitchens. Procedures are easy to follow and yields a pretty big bunch of goodies. One of my favorites and at my office as well is the Coconut Rum Butter Cakes. The pictures in the book gives you an idea how pretty and of obviously delectable your sweet confection will turn out, Worth every penny, one of the most used cook books I own!
on August 29, 2011
I love this book.The recipes are not only appetizing but simply adorable. Great for parties when you want a variety of desserts and just a taste of all of them.
on August 30, 2012
Good cookbook to have for small easy to make desserts and appetizers. Has some interesting, not basic, run of the mill recipes. A good buy.
on December 3, 2013
I have several dessert cookbooks specializing
in mini-size, individual servings.
Fun to make, easy to serve and facilitates
portion control.
on November 12, 2013
The best way to get just enough to savor the bliss. My friends agree with me. I'll have to make more bite-size treats.
on March 8, 2013
There are pictures of each dessert. You can also change some of the recipes to suit your needs. Worth the purchase!
on November 27, 2013
All look easy to make and after a big meal would be just enough! I am anxious to try them at my next party.
on November 2, 2014