Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon David Bowie egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

• Customer Reviews

on May 26, 2009
We purchased this a little over a year ago at PetSmart for $29.99. My kitten, now a year old STILL plays with it every day! She learned to use it to get her scratch on - and I've never had a problem with destructive scratching! She also gets super ferocious with the toy hidden underneath. Seriously, any time she passes by it she has to get a good scratch in. I can't think of a day that she doesn't use this toy! We're getting a new kitten and this is the 1st thing we bought in preparation for his arrival. We still have the old one, it still works - but it's a little beat up so we moved it to a different room.

Edited: 10/23/11
Both our kitties still play with their "S" aka the Curl Scratcher (we just call it the S because they're shaped like one). They play hard, they play soft, they get their scratch on, they take naps in it, they share it... I mean, they LOVE this thing! I also think it's their safe place? When one of them is chasing the other really bad and their personal space is not being respected I catch them going to it as if "time out" and the other kitty lets up and has to find something else to harass ;)
I've also noticed that when they get yelled at for something they go sit inside it and watch me while I clean up the mess.

They go through one of these every year -- I just got back from PetSmart buying our third, which reminded me to update my review/pictures. Some brands may feel sturdier or cheaper than others (I've owned both a Petlinks and Whisker City), but they all last about a year.
review image review image review image review image
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 1, 2012
I bought this product for my two cats because we just bought a new leather couch and I knew they would see the new couch as their new scratching post. This product arrived as described, though it wasn't as sturdy as I would have liked and wobbled back and forth a little. For some reason, neither cat really likes scratching it. When I put it next to them, they sniffed it for a few minutes, batted the toy that comes with it around, and then walked away. I have had it for a week now and it looks like they have scratched it a little bit, but not as much as I hoped. I guess they simply prefer those cheap cardboard scratching mats that leave pieces of cardboard all over the house. Maybe they see it as not sturdy enough...who knows what goes on in the mind of a cat :)

When the product arrived I read the instructions and it said something about not letting your cat use this without supervision and to store it away when you aren't there. Isn't a scratching post supposed to be available at all times for them to scratch, especially when you aren't there, so they don't scratch something they aren't supposed to? I found that warning strange and off putting.

I know this section is where we are supposed to review the product, but I do have to warn others to be careful with the seller OZBO. I ordered (and paid extra) for expedited shipping because we wanted to have this before the couch arrived. When I ordered expedited shipping, it said the product would arrive in 1 to 3 days. On the third day, I checked the account and found out that the seller hadn't even shipped the product yet. I wrote them an email and they shipped it out, but unfortunately it did not arrive for another 3 days. That is 6 days after I ordered it and 3 days after it was promised. I pointed this out to Ozbo and they refused to compensate me for the cost of expedited shipping because, as they said, shipping does not include handling time. When I said that didn't make sense and no one would order expedited shipping if it wasn't expected to ship ASAP, I was rudely told that that was their policy and basically just to deal with it. BOTTOM LINE: BE CAREFUL WITH THE SHADY SELLER OZBO.
on November 18, 2013
The scratcher is NOT the one in the picture. It is a much cheaper, lightweight version. The scratcher we received doesn't have a sisal area as pictured. It actually only covers about 1/4 of the "wave" and it is located low on a side. My 2 cats like to scratch near the top of the wave while laying in the curved part. They can't do that with the scratcher we received and the sisal is too low on the side to work. I only wish I would have returned it rather than giving it a try. I hope Amazon will look into the difference between what they have pictured and what they are shipping. I wish I would have returned it rather than letting my cats try it out. It was a replacement to a previous scratcher that I had thrown out and they were clearly missing their old "friend" so I gave them the new one. I'll be throwing this one out as soon as I get to a brick & mortar store to buy a replacement. Amazon has great customer service and if this had been new, I know they would take it back and ship a replacement. The problem is, we need a scratcher that is similar to the one pictured and not another like we received.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 5, 2013
Edit - I have added pictures in the custom images to show the difference. The old model is way better than the new one(thin,cheap,light, ripped in just 2 days!!!)

This review only applies to what I bought from Petco, so if you buy from other sellers, you might still receive the old spec/quality products.

I had bought the first petlinks dream curl scrather from Petco almost a year ago and received the exact one as showing in the picture, very quality product, sturdy, well-built, my two cats loved it and the scratcher withstand their abuse for 11 months, that's almost a year, no other scratchers I bought in the past have lasted that long. So when the old one finally needs to go, I bought the same scrather from the same buyer - Petco, thinking i was getting exactly the same thing.

Well, it's not the same any more. The one i received from Petco still called petlinks system Dream Curl but it's Thinner, Lighter with a different designer. It seems the factory has changed the specs on this product. But Petco should have known, if its different from the old model, don't list this as the same, call it new version or model whatever.

Out of the box I knew this one would not last as long as the old one. In just 2 days, it has already shown tear/rip. I couldn't leave product feedback on Petco's website as I left a 5-star rating for the last one, and Petco consider them to be the same product and not allowing updated feedbacks.

Thanks to Amazon's open review, I decided to make a note here to let everyone know.
review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2010
Bought The Dream Curl from Petco. My kitten (10 months) loves her Dream Curl. Bought as a scratcher....she thinks it's a toy. She scratches on it daily and plays and has a great time with her toys. I never imagined she would have such a good time with this neat item! I highly recommend it!
on December 19, 2008
I have purchased 2 of these Dream Curls and my cats just love them. It is their favorite place to lounge and play
on July 17, 2013
We were tired of picking up small scraps of corrugated cardboard and we thought this would be a more permanent solution. That was a bad idea, however, so we'll stick with the scraps and keep our cats healthy.

We purchased this item from a nearby pet store (not on Amazon). Our 7-yr old female cats took to it fairly well. But after a while, even this sturdy scratching post started to shred. Not paper scraps though. These were fibers from the carpet used on the post. When the cat scratches enough, carpet fibers are pulled out and turn into a little fuzzball that's still attached to the post by a few remaining fibers. My friend kept telling me that I should clip the fiber ball before the cats tried to eat it. Yeah, yeah, I thought. I would never have thought the cats would try to eat the stuff.

A few weeks later, and suddenly one of the cats starts throwing up everything she eats or drinks. Within days, she's not eating at all and quickly gets skinny as a rail. (She was never very big to begin with.) X-rays at the vet showed a blockage of some sort. They gave her an enema and cleaned out "something fibrous". We took her home but she didn't improve and kept not eating and kept losing weight and kept getting skinnier. Two more trips to the vet didn't help much. It was a scary week while we watched her still not eat and we had to actually contemplate life with her not surviving. :(

In the end, thankfully, our cat lived and is now fully recovered and happily thriving. (Yay!) But we're back to corrugated scratching posts only. Let me stress that we do not and can not say for sure that it was carpet fibers from the Petlinks product that caused her to get ill. Maybe the blockage wasn't even carpet fibers at all (we didn't see it; we're only going by what the vet told us). But the timing of the purchase and of her illness is interesting, you have to admit. She'd never had a problem before and hasn't since. If you purchase this product, please remember to trim the fibers that are shredded from it!

Petlinks System Dream Curl Curvy Two-Surface Scratcher
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 18, 2014
on July 4, 2010
I have two Burmese with claws. They are very good about limiting themselves to a piece of carpet to scratch on in the house. I got them this Dreamcurl. They went crazy, and played on it all the time. It is very sturdy, completely covered with carpet. They can get on top of it, go under it, go around the edges. I threw away their former scratch pads as this is all they need and want.
I do think the little feathered toy underneath is a waste of the company's time because it comes off immediately. Nevertheless, I like to buy two of things I really like because you never know when people are going out of business. So, I have two Dreamcurls in my den. The cats never touch anything else.
on November 8, 2009
I just bought this at petsmart for my bunnies. They love to crawl under it and sit on the hump and in the groove. It was expensive at petsmart $30 but they seem happy to come out and play on it. In fact, little Piggy is sleeping in the groove as I'm typing this :)

- made eco friendly (sisal is a renewable resource and the scratcher core is made from recycled material)
- very sturdy materials (it will maintain its shape even when the cat or bunny rests on it)
- the toy underneath is made to be replaceable/changeable with it's Snap System

- it would be nice if it were bigger
- expensive (could be because it's made from eco friendly resources)

Even with the expense I'm happy I bought it for my bunnies, they seem to be enjoying it. It does seem like something cats would enjoy to use too. The surface seems to be ideal for scratching and the feather toy looks fun for the kitties.