5.0 out of 5 stars Very good
I bought the whole thing at wally World about 4 years ago. After it being outside that long it got brittle and cracked when I dropped it full of water. My fault, so I replaced it with this and its just like my old one. Im sure it will last another 4 years. The bottom is very tough, I have a lab and akita that love to chew on it when its empty.
Published on August 31, 2011 by rizzo

3.0 out of 5 stars Petmate replacement Water Bottle
The water bottle was a direct replacement for my existing watering bowl. Unfortunately, since it did not leak, upon its first fill, I didn't think to inspect further. Turns out, there was a crease in the plastic that will eventually leak with little handling. Word of caution - inspect the goods before use!
Published 21 months ago by tony3263

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, August 31, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars A good product., December 12, 2011
This review is from: Petmate Water Bottle For Le Bistro 2.75 Gallon (Misc.)
I agree with the other reviewer, Rizzo. I've had the 2 3/4 gallon waterer for a few years now and it works well. I simply remove the bottle every few days and wash everything out with hot water, a little bleach, and usually some Dawn dishwashing liquid and a scrub type sponge. It is mainly used outdoors in the summer. In really hot weather, I fill the drink bowl area with ice cubes before heading off to work so my little Beagle has cold water at least for the first few hours.
Just like the other reviewer, the bottle got brittle over time and cracked, due to UV rays. I usually try to keep it in the shade. I guess the only improvement I'd make to this product, would be to offer a white fabric cover of some kind with either a drawstring or a velcro strap to hold it on. This would block the suns damaging UV and probably reflect a certain amount of heat as well. I think I will try to find a cover or make one myself before next summer. I'm thinking that one of the silver colored air conditioner covers such as one that's used to cover a small window air conditioner when it's not in use, might make a nice little reflective cover for this waterer.
Again, this is a good product. My Beagle can't tip it over, and she always has plenty of water. I've actually purchased a replacement bottle for my original unit, and have also purchased a new medium waterer and feeder set, as I now have a new Beagle puppy as well. I'll probably put out both waterers....one in the kennel and one on back patio. I wouldn't get the big 5 gallon unit unless you have a large breed dog, or multiple dogs, because you will more than likely have to empty the bottle and clean everything before the dog has a chance to drink all the water. Mine tends to get green algae or whatever after about 3 days in humid conditions. I would recommend this product, as, after owning one for about 5 years, I don't think there's anyway it could possibly fail, and deprive your pet of the water it needs. I always leave out two seperate water sources no matter what, just for peace of mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement, March 13, 2013
This review is from: Petmate Water Bottle For Le Bistro 2.75 Gallon (Misc.)
I needed a replacement bottle for my dog and this fits just right in the water dish I picked up at the big box store.

3.0 out of 5 stars Petmate replacement Water Bottle, October 10, 2012