Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 2, 2012
I am a long-term buyer of Petrodex Enzymatic Toothpaste for cats. It is an important component in the care of my pet. I just purchase a new six-month supply and discovered, apparently, that the formulation has been changed. The new formula is thin and watery compared to the previous much thicker formula. A taste test of the new product reveled that the new formula has a weaker flavor than the earlier more spicy formula. I much prefer the older formula over the new thinner version. Because it is thinner, you need to use more of the product to keep the brush loaded while brushing. The new version comes in a plastic tube. The old version came in a foil tube. I hope Sergeant's will immediately restore the old version in its next production run. My rating for the old version = 5 stars. My rating for the new version = 2 stars
on January 23, 2013
Don't know what they put in this but my cat loves it! I take it out and she starts licking her lips. LOL I use my fingers though, she wasn't too crazy about the tooth brush. I didn't have her as a kitten otherwise I'm sure I could have trained her. I will come back after a year after her annual check up to see if it's working.
on May 27, 2013
My cat loves the flavor which makes this easier. She won't let me brush her teeth or even her fur. The vet says her teeth are in good shape even though I usually just manage to run this on her teeth with no actual brushing.
on January 23, 2012
I was previously using something generic for dogs and cats I got at a pet store, plus for some reason, didn't know you can/should brush their teeth daily. On researching the subject, I learned enzymatic toothpaste is important - just getting it in their mouth, even if they won't let you brush, helps.

And of course, a taste they like makes all the difference. The toothpaste itself is a treat for them. While only 1 of my 3 is being truly good about the brushing, the other two are coming around. Lots of work and patience. Lots, and lots of it!

But the difference is fantastic. No more "cat breath" (who knew that foul breath is not normal in pets?) and their gums look way better. Good stuff!
on March 22, 2013
It makes brushing their teeth so much easier! My cat loves chewing the brush and licking the paste off it. My older kitty even starts grooming herself with it. She definitely gets a feeling of clean with this. I tried other pastes and none of them were appealing to them.
on May 5, 2011
Only toothpaste my cat will use. LOVES the malt flavor. I am not kidding about this He will sit up on a kitchen chair and begs to have us brush his teeth. Good price too.
on December 4, 2011
getting petrodex toothpaste for my cats is much cheaper on amazon
than getting it at petsmart with coupons. it is the exact same
product and i have been brushing my two older cats since they
were kittens and they don't mind it, my three younger cats are
only two years old they were all rescues and one of them needs
to be brushed daily due to gum disease and the other two hate
it regardless of the taste of the toothpaste but i do them every
other day. my vet is still amazed at the fact that they allow
me to do this since he said he can't do it himself to his own
animals, but start young and there won't be a problem. again,
it does depend on the animal involved and your dedication
to preventing later problems. also baby toothbrushes work
well or the sample brushes your dentist gives out for the
kids.
on July 21, 2011
The toothpaste, which I can't get in any of the pet stores here, arrived promptly, was reasonably priced and had no shipping fee. Thank you so much. Enzymatic toothpaste is quite different from ordinary cat or dog toothpaste. Even the large chain Pet Supermarket was unaware of this!
on April 19, 2013
I love the taste of malt. I look forward to having my teeth brushed every night. All cat owners should try to protect their cat's teeth to prevent tooth loss and gum disease. My husband Conway Kitty also enjoys having his teeth brushed.
on December 21, 2010
My cat hated the new toothpaste by Four Paws so I had to find a substitution right away. I was glad my cat didnt despise this one and I could finally brush his teeth again. The paste itself is odorless and very sticky. But it seems to have the benefits because my cat acts happier after I brush his teeth.

See 1 answered question