5.0 out of 5 stars Even fun for the elderly and young at heart!!!!!
I bought this for an 83 year old lady that lives in an assisted living unit. She absolutely loves it. It has been the talk of the complex since Christmas. He naps in his little bed and covers up with his blanket. He runs around and shows off for visitors as there is a sign on her door that there is a hamster in residence.
Published on February 16, 2010 by M. Hollinger

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but requires some supervision for younger kids
Published on February 3, 2012 by a_compulsive_reader

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Even fun for the elderly and young at heart!!!!!, February 16, 2010
M. Hollinger (Columbus, IN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Scoodles Dark Brown & White Hamster Kids TOY (Toy)

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but requires some supervision for younger kids, February 3, 2012
I actually bought this as a toy for my cats. They were excited when I first brought it out but soon lost interest because it didn't exhibit the right "prey behavior", i.e. it didn't move fast enough and didn't try to run and hide. I sometimes babysit for a friend's children who are 5 and 8 and they like playing with this sometimes, so it hasn't gone to waste, but I really have to keep half an eye on them with it so they don't get their hair (or anything else) caught in the mechanism of the Hamster. This Hamster is well made so it is not hugely likely to happen, and I think it highly unlikely that either child would be seriously hurt playing with this (or the Hamasuta described below), but I feel it is best to be safe rather than sorry just to avoid trauma and drama (Since I've explained what to be careful of to them and they've played several times now, I'm less concerned than initially). I also bought a Hamasuta Happy Hamster which comes with a hamster ball for my cats, which also failed to keep my cats interested for the same reasons as above - kids play with both hamsters together and will put either one into the hamster ball and have some games together. So a reasonably decent toy at a decent price, but does require a little adult attention. The Zhu Zhu pet has some cool functions that the Hamasuta does not, but the Zhu Zhu is also VERY noisy and there is no way to shut off the sound which does get kind of obnoxious at times - oh well. I did pick up some zhu zhu pet outfits and accessories from a local outlet store and the kids definitely enjoy using them on both hamsters pretty indiscriminately (even things that don't really fit on the Hamasuta - they find a way, lol).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fun, January 9, 2010
Both of my children love there zhu zhu pets. They've had them for a few weeks and it's still a big deal to play with.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, April 28, 2010
A Kid's Review
This toy is so AWESOME!I love to see it play.
he is so cute!
Buy Buy Buy!
He is so real,But he makes sounds like an dog.
I am 10 and got it with my money and it rooks!

P.s BUY!

4.0 out of 5 stars zhu zhu hampsters, December 31, 2010
Of all the presents given the children (10) for christmas the zhu zhu hampsters were the ones that saw the most play and action. They were the most enjoyed, for the least price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Put Zhu Zhus on Bathroom Counters!!!!, April 15, 2010
A Kid's Review
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
I had a toy Scoodles from Easter, and I put it on a bathroom counter and he zoomed into the toilet! Worst of all, now he doesn't work!!!! I've learned my lesson!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my Zhu Zhu!, March 1, 2010
I am definetely too old for toys but my boyfriend bought one for me thinking that it would be hilarious. My Zhu Zhu is fun. When I take breaks from schoolwork I just get my mind off by playing with Zhu Zhu on my desk.
p.s. My Zhu Zhu came with three clear warnings about keeping hair away from wheels and not to allow your pets to play with it. Very simple.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great distraction, April 9, 2014
This is a great distraction and nice conversation starter. It is reasonably priced and is fun for adults as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scoodles is fun, January 24, 2014
Scoodles worked perfectly. Although, after examining the paperwork in his box, I discovered he had been produced in 2010! That's a l-o-n-g time on the shelf. The other Zhu Zhu pet I ordered at the same time, Winkie, was dead. He had been on the shelf since 2010 also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute fun., January 7, 2014
My granddaughter loves chasing the pet around the house. Works much better on hard floors than carpet. Watch out for pet hair.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›