Published on January 7, 2010 by OrchidSlayer

2.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better..
Published on May 20, 2010 by David K

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I swore I wasn't buying any more humor books until I saw this one!, January 7, 2010
This review is from: Pets Who Want to Kill Themselves: Featuring Over 150 Suicidal Pets! (Paperback)
I saw this book at a local bookstore and laughed so hard I had to buy a copy for myself. Now I am ordering copies for friends, whom I dearly hope will realize how they are humiliating their dogs with stupid sweaters. Funny pictures with really funny captions. Oh, and one poignant caption "In some countries I'd be dinner. Here I eat organic and have my own Twitter account. God Bless America". Well worth 1/2" on my overcrowded bookshelves. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!!!, January 8, 2010
The pug "hot dogs" are amazing! I'd love to see a snapshot of the owner that inspired that. The book is not only hysterical, but also adorable. The perfect present for any animal admirer!

2.0 out of 5 stars Could have been better.., May 20, 2010
I ordered this with the thought, hey, this looks like it might be cute and funny. To some degree it was, but to a fair extent it wasn't. I'd say a little more than half, perhaps 60, 65% fit into the former category; unfortunately, the rest did not. Several of the captions didn't seem to fit the photos very well, others were a little corny or cheesy. But what brought me to rate it a 2 rather than a 3 was the repetition of the f-word, or some derivative there of, on several pages. Had I realized the author used such crude language, I probably wouldn't have bothered purchasing the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Laughs - A Few Deletions!, December 21, 2010
I really enjoyed most of the pictures and captions in this book! A WORD of CAUTION however if buying for someone not in their teens or twenties - there are a number of rather lewd jokes, sexual references, 2 f-bombs, a couple s-bombs and numerous a** jokes. I didn't realize this would be the case - so I had to do some careful editing with an x-acto knife as the jokes weren't quite appropriate for ME to be giving to my mother!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Entertainment!, December 8, 2009
I had to have the book after checking out the hilarious website. As a pet owner guilty of dressing my dog like an idiot on occasion, I loved the "cheeky" commentary that goes along with each picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars i hate myself for loving this book, January 7, 2010
this silly little book makes me LOL whenever i pick it up and browse through it. the seemingly facile jokey captions are actually sort of brilliant, i think. this is a great gift book for pet lovers, i think. and even people without pets (i don't have pets. but my brother is a pet lover, so i bought it for him). it's the sort of book you might find at urban outfitters when you're looking for something fun to buy someone. only it's better than most of the crap there.

2.0 out of 5 stars Funny but not Hilarious, December 7, 2011
Cute, but I never laughed out loud. Some of the pictures are funny, but the commentary could use some work. Sadly, just a fun shelf book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hairy Kari, December 8, 2009
The first crossover book for both crazy petowners and people who think most petowners are crazy! Hilarious stuff! If the pictures don't slay you right away, the spot-on captions will. Every page is a gut-buster. I'm buying one for every dog-owner in my family. It's cheaper than therapy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Entertainment, January 19, 2010
I picked this book up because it looked hysterical and I was not disappointed. The pictures are great but what really makes the book are the captions. They fit all of the photos perfectly and I was laughing the entire time I flipped through it. Definitely a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny & Fast!, August 16, 2010
I ordered 3 of these for Christmas gifts (yeah..... once in a while I actually follow through with starting my shopping early!). The book's photos are all hysterical. Great for any pet lover! Seller shipped super fast. Very happy with my purchase! Thanks!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Pets Who Want to Kill Themselves: Featuring Over 150 Suicidal Pets!
Pets Who Want to Kill Themselves: Featuring Over 150 Suicidal Pets! by Duncan Birmingham (Paperback - December 1, 2009)
$10.00 $7.22