Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Pewi Ybike Ride On Toy and Walking Buddy (Red)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Color: Red|Change

Showing 1-10 of 360 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on June 23, 2011
We've had this product since our son was 11 months old. At first he pushed it around--he wasn't tall enough to sit on it and have his feet touch the floor--and it worked fine. The wheels move very easily in any direction, which is a bonus for a very practiced cruiser (freedom to go where they want), but makes it slip away easily for a child who needs help with balancing. I wouldn't recommend this for the stage where they are just beginning to cruise--you'll want a sturdier push cart for that. This small limitation shouldn't discourage you, though, because for us, the real joy of the bike came when my son could start to "ride" it as a bicycle. He was 13 months old before his feet fit firmly on the ground with his bum on the seat and then it was true love. At first, he couldn't quite go straight from one point to another, but he zig zagged around like a little speed racer, smiling and laughing the whole way. After a few weeks of seated riding, he could begin to maneuver it where he wanted to go--even if he was outside and his desired destination was 20 yards away. This was especially fun for him since he wasn't quite waking yet. It is hard to have a crawler outdoors, but this helped him play on rough surfaces without sacrificing his knees.

I am UPDATING this review at 15 months old. My son is now walking very well, and still loves his little bike. It works very well indoors and out, and it is hands-down his favorite toy and has been for the last couple months. It is so much fun that it attracts all sorts of attention from other children and parents. Whenever he sees it, he points to it and lets us know he wants to go outside and play. It seems like a great toy to keep him active and challenge his balance and coordination, and is definitely sturdy enough to survive multiple children. Much older children have ridden it, and I, myself, have sat on it with him. While I obviously wouldn't do that all the time, it did not crack or show any stress from the extra weight. I do think it helped him become an independent walker a little bit faster than he would have otherwise.

For reference, my son was 27lbs and 31" at his 12 month checkup, and he grew into this at about 12 months and 3 weeks, after a bit of a growth spurt. I assembled it myself in about 15 minutes. He began walking somewhere around 13 months, 2 weeks, and he loved it before and after.
33 comments|128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2011
I purchased this for my grandson. He is approx. 19 months old, he crawls like a maniac, but has been a bit behind in walking development. He will pull up and walk around furniture, cabinets, etc. I honestly think he is afraid of falling down, so he tends to want to hang on to things. We are a little concerned, and have had him checked at a local childrens hospital (no apparent problems), but also know he will walk when he is ready. Grandma says he is just very cautious in approach to walking and I agree. We have purchased different ride on/walk behind toys and he likes them all but has difficulty turning them because the wheels only roll forward or backward. I suppose that is ok at first and works well for walkers for the elderly, but little guys like this are just learning and want go every where, in all directions, fast. That is what attracted me to this device. The ability to go any direction, quickly, because of the swivel casters on each of it's four legs. GENIUS IDEA, I thought to myself as I made my order. I received this yesterday and promptly put it together (very easy) and was quite impressed by the design, sturdy construction, component fit and finish. Called the daughter up to bring little man over to see his new "thing". What transpired once he was introduced to this was truly remarkable, and awesome. He seemed to like pushing it around while standing, walker style, and did quite well on our hardwood floor and rugs. But what he really liked to do was straddle the seat and walk it around, bike style. Not really sitting on it, but it appeared he liked the security of having a seat under him. After that it was unbelievable how fast he discovered his way around our home, "walking" and not crawiling. It was truly amaizing. When they got ready to go, I told his mom to take it with her to their home. This morning she reports that he took his dad around the house showing him every room. If he gets it in a jam he backs up, spins around and goes another way....on carpet. He actually calls it his "bike" when pointing at it. The YBike Pewi gets 5 thumbs up on PopPop's must buy list. Even if your little one is not having problems with walking, this thing is really fun......at least that is what I would think if I was little.
on January 30, 2015
This little contraption is amazing! My little one is still getting used to it but at 10 months he's walking with it to get places. The description says it's great to help little ones learn to fall which I agree. Our little guy has spent so much time in his traditional walker not having to worry about balance and although he will make a pouty face when he falls, I know it's good for him to learn balance. Assembly was quick and easy with good directions and pieces are numbered. Love the amazon price! It was $25 less than the price at our local toys-r-us. The wheels have a rubber padding so it won't mess up your hardwood floors and rolls VERY smoothly. However, it does make it go a little fast sometimes so I like to be close to my little guy so he doesn't face plant while he's still learning. Overall a great buy that I am very happy with!
review image
on May 29, 2014
My wife got this "bike" for my 14-month-old son. Ever since he was very young, he has always been right at the top of the percentiles for height and weight. For this reason, I think it took him longer to walk than some of the other kids we knew around the same age. He simply had a bigger body to deal with, and needed the strength to get to that next step.

We got this bike around the time he was able to hold himself up along side a table. He was getting the courage to take a couple steps, but not more mobile than that.

In less than 48 hours after purchasing this bike, my son was zooming around our living room. Imagine my surprise, coming home from work to see him laughing and giggling as he was doing circles around our furniture. Simply amazing, and I feel like it gave him the confidence to learn how to walk. You could tell he just felt liberated, being able to get around on his own. My son is now 3, and we have kept the bike in storage while we await the birth of my baby girl in a few months.

I never read the reviews on here before and was surprised by the number of 1 star reviews. I can completely see the scenario where a kid could fall forward with it in the right circumstances. We never experienced that with my son and he constantly rode it from our carpeted living room to our tile kitchen over and over. However, every kid is different, so I'll definitely keep these warnings in mind when my daughter uses it.

That said, our experience with it...it's an awesome product. One of the best purchases we made in my opinion.
on January 9, 2012
My 8 month old granddaughter was beginning to pull up and take steps while holding on. I wanted to get her someting to hold on to. I bought my oldest grandson a Radio Flyer Turbo Turtle 4 years ago and absolutely loved it. I especially liked the casters rather than wheels that only go forward and backward. Its price has tripled and I didn't like that so much. With a little looking, I found the Pewi Ybike. A bit odd looking, but it does have the all-direction caster/wheels that I was wanting. She loves the thing. She's too little to ride on it, but has mastered the art of pushing it around. It was funny watching her try to get a toy that was on the other side of it from her by going under it. Talk about problem solving! Can't wait to see her riding around their house on it. They have one of those great circular paths through the downstairs rooms. She should have a grand time.
review image review image review image
on April 27, 2015
My 2 year old son has Down Syndrome and we purchased the Ybike as a walker to help him to walk on his own. He uses it primarily as a walker (meaning he grabs the handles from the front and pushes the bike while walking behind it). I have seated him on the seat and he can use the bike in that way but I think he just prefers to push it. We were using another "walker type toy" that allowed us to put a bit of a brake on the wheels to slow it down and allow him to walk at a slower pace, but it was bigger, bulky and made a bunch of different sounds and music. Once he was walking at a good pace we switched him over to the Ybike. The wheels on the Ybike are much "faster", so to speak, and he can walk and maneuver much quicker with it. Our house is tile in the main areas and this rolls well across it but there are also no issues when he goes into a bedroom and it switches to tile. He also doesn't have any issues going over the threshold of our rear doorway and out onto the back porch.
on August 4, 2014
this bike arrived just now,

it came dismounted in several pieces, but i was able to put it together in a jiffy
i was first surprised about the size in the box it came in (very small)
but once mounted its just about right for my baby girl
she can barely touch the floor with her feet so i guess she needs a few months of growth
but if you use it in reverse she was going like a rocket, now i dont need to bend over all the time to hold her hands for walking
and save my back a little

Pros:
- solid construction and high quality rubber wheels
- easy to use for the baby & light to carry around

Cons:
- i read about flipping danger foreward, my solution dont leave your baby unattended with this toy

i really like this bike, there is nothing better out there to learn walking
my baby girl is still learning to walk and it saves my back a little for bending over and holding hands
when shes tired or bored she just let the bike go and crawl on the floor
on February 16, 2016
This is a product I recommend to all my new mommy friends. The quality and versatility of this product surpasses all the other push along toys. It's made of real metal and very hard, sturdy plastic. The wheels are the best part though. They're similar to roller blade wheels so they don't slip and slide out on hard wood floors or tiles. My son (18 months) loves to push it around, even though he was walk, but has recently shown interest in riding it too. That's another great part. This is a product that you will have for a very long time because it's so versatile.
on May 9, 2016
Our toddler used this Y-bike from about 9 months until he was about 2 years old. He used it both as a ride on toy and as a walker. It worked beautifully on our hardwood floors without any tipping over issues. The castor wheels really let him go everywhere without the frustration he was having with his other push toys and ride-on toys. His other toys, were really geared towards going in a straight line or maybe a slight turn, but most (and he had a lot of them) he wouldn't be able to actually change direction without falling over or getting off or standing up and jerking the toy to a new direction, then sitting back down. There was none of that with the Y-bike. He loved it so much that we just bought one for his younger cousin. Wish we hadn't gotten rid of his when he turned two...
on January 19, 2016
Best thing we have bought our 14 month old. She refused to walk, even though she is completely capable. She just lacked the confidence. After a week of using the ybike, she is walking all over the place.
review image