Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Phantom Blues
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 1, 2015
"I NEED YOUR LOVING" is the best I've ever heard in so long which is another
collection must have. All his songs are unique & can play/listen to this all day long.
Thank you for offering this excellent CD of Taj Mahal!

NVJJ
on January 6, 1999
There is certainly nothing wrong with this album, everything is done quite well. It's just that once you've listened to Taj enough, you get to start expecting the unexpected, and this album is as straight-forward as I've heard him play. "Lovin' in My Baby's Eyes" is an absolutely beautiful and highly emotional original. If you don't get shivers after listening to that one, you best pick up a new hobby. After that though, it's surprisingly simple blues. Nothing wrong with any of the tracks, but it's just not very adventurous.
on April 14, 2001
This is a great album,specially enriched with the marvellous participation of Jon Cleary,for me,one of the best piano players of ever.Really a participation of any Louisiana's piano player is a great thing for a good blues album!!!Specially some musicians like Jon Cleary,Dr.John,and Professor Longhair... This is a very true experience of this great bluesman,Taj Mahal,with guest appearances of Eric Clapton and Bonnie Raitt.I really loved the first track,an original of Taj's style.All of the others are pure Louisiana blues,and i really recomend to the bluesfans all over the world to listen this fantastic, Jon Cleary. He's a bluesman unrecognized,that deserves an accurated listened from those that really loves good music.You must try to listen the other Cleary's works such "Alligator Lips and Dirty Rice" and recently "Moonburn".What we can say is that Taj worked right to choose those great musicians and the results, are all inside this great cd!!!
on October 24, 2003
From the opning notes this album is great. I've been listening to it for 6+ years and it never bores me. Upbeat tracks, good horns and great guests (Clapton & Raitt) I think this is an essential Taj pick.
on September 3, 2013
The back-up band is extreme. Players are exceptional. It's all good. These last nine words are really and truly unnecessary.
on June 1, 1998
This CD is amazing! It's one of those ones you can throw on and forget about. Taj Mahal's lyrics and voice make you want more!
on March 29, 2000
My 3 favorite Taj Mahal albums so far had been his first two (both released in the 60's) and "Dancing the Blues." I now have a 4th! Get down!
on February 2, 2016
amazing album
on October 31, 2015
Nice Blues!
on March 1, 2014
Very good shape for being "used"......fast service too. Bought this CD for just one song for my dance class..but I like the whole tape.