1,039 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars The closest thing to being at a live production
I just got back from watching this exact performance at my local theatre, and I must admit, I am most impressed.

I was frightened that this might not be a staging at all, but more along the lines of a "concert in costume" much like the dissapointment I felt when I saw the Les Miserable's concert on Public TV.

Fear not. This production is pretty dead...
Published on October 11, 2011 by William Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth owning, but there's room for improvement
At long last, The Phantom of the Opera musical available on dvd...

PROS:

Phantom of the Opera for the first time on blu-ray ever!
The vocals are great
The acting is excellent and I felt it brought out the emotion of the production.
The close ups allow you to see details on the props and costumes that you normally could not see...
Published on February 15, 2012 by Adamtron

‹ Previous | 18 9 10104 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Phantom of the Opera, May 31, 2013
Love this DVD! I watched this on PBS and just had to have it/ I rarely purchase any DVDs.and it is fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it !!!, May 17, 2013
This review is from: The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The picture and audio was perfect ! Loved the closing ending where they brought out all the original phantoms and honoring Andrew Lloyd Webber !!
Just wish They would do another stage video with Ramin and Sierra in Love Never Dies .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Overall, May 1, 2013
If you are an Andrew Lloyd Webber fan, you'll want to own this 25th Anniversary production of "Phantom of the Opera". Production values are very high, with breathtaking video and stunning audio. The cast is excellent, and the final celebration reunites past and present cast members. The Royal Albert Hall is a great venue for this production. This type of production really shows off Blu-Ray's capabilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic, March 18, 2013
This should have been the movie version instead of the one they did. I have to admit that I am a PoTO fanatic and am a huge fan of everything Andrew Lloyd Webber does. The cinematography is just fantastic especially for a stage play. If you like PoTO, you will absolutely love this version. A must for any collector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazeballs, March 14, 2013
Enough others have commented at length about this that I don't need to add much more. It's simply the best stage recording I've seen of anything. I like Phantom, it's not my favorite, but they got this superbly perfect. I saw it on PBS first and knew I'd have to buy it and the blu ray to watch it. I was not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic music, March 13, 2013
Gerald Grijak (Sterling Hts.,Mi) - See all my reviews
What a great show with all four of the Phantom's like Colm Willkerson and Michael Crawford.One unbeliveable thing is the closed cationing that shows as many as 4 simutaneos parts at the same time.Truly one of the best things to have if you a fan of the Phantom !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, March 2, 2013
Awesome.... Glad to have it now on Video. Actors/Actress are wonderful. Do recommend this to all.
Glad to have it on BluRay...

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon.com, February 16, 2013
The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall
The best production I have seen of this show which has been playing constantly
at some theatre world wide for over 25 years. Excellent... excellent job for the
entire cast, especially Ramin Karimloo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Next best thing to actually being there!, February 6, 2013
Etcher (Cape Cod, MA, United States) - See all my reviews
The Blu-ray showed up quickly, perfectly packaged. I bought this because my husband (huge fan) had seen this playing on PBS a while ago but and tried to DVR it. The picture quality was awful, there were way too many pledge drive breaks and he only was able to record about 3/4 of it. The high def was breathtaking along with the sound quality! We have a huge theater system and it was almost like being there. Amazing product, highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars accident, February 1, 2013
got this by mistake instead of the original movie version but after watcing it, i loveLove Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love thank you very much I will recommend to all my friends

‹ Previous | 18 9 10104 | Next ›