5.0 out of 5 stars PharmPhlash
Published on July 21, 2009 by Barbara B. Gonzalez

2.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU ARE A MEDICAL STUDENT!!!!!!!!!
Published on February 19, 2009 by Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars PharmPhlash, July 21, 2009
This review is from: Pharm Phlash!: Pharmacology Flash Cards (Cards)
These flash cards saved me so much time and work in nursing school. I could pick out the meds I needed, put the cards in my pocket and I had an easy reference for the drugs I was giving that day. Now that I'm working in the hospital I do the same thing. I plan to purchase the updates as they become available. Knowing your drugs is one your most important jobs. PharmPhlash is a valuable tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much more assessable than a drug book, November 1, 2008
This review is from: Pharm Phlash!: Pharmacology Flash Cards (Cards)
I am a second year nursing student, enrolled in a RN program which to say the very least is very challenging. Pharm Phlash is such a helpful tool that I use during my clinical rotations. The information is easy to read and understand. The pictures really help you remember the area of the body the drug is targeted for. Pharm Phlash is much quicker than using a traditional drug reference book. I will continue to use Pharm Phlash after I graduate. I would suggest every nursing student invest in Pharm Phlash and instructors and educational instutions should put Pharm Phlash on their "recommended book" lists. Thanks for publishing such a helpful tool!!!!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU ARE A MEDICAL STUDENT!!!!!!!!!, February 19, 2009
Mark (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pharm Phlash!: Pharmacology Flash Cards (Cards)
DO NOT BUY IF YOU ARE A MEDICAL STUDENT!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, here's the deal. This product advertises as a review for the USMLE, it's NOT! It is a review for nursing students. I'm sure its great for that, but it is missing about 40%-50% of the drugs medical students studying for the USMLE step 1 need to know. I bought this with the impression that it would help me with my pharmacology class and the USMLE and instead it's a complete waste of time and money for me. I hope this helps others not make this same mistake.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much of the Wrong information, July 15, 2009
This review is from: Pharm Phlash!: Pharmacology Flash Cards (Cards)
These cards did not help me in my nursing pharmacology class at all. I had to create a supplemental sticky note for EVERY card that includes the information I actually needed. In addition, these cards are horrible companions to the Lehne Pharmacology for Nursing Care text. Both sources often have completely different information. For example, the Valproic Acid Pharm Plash card states that the mechanism of action is to increase levels of GABA. The Lehne text says that the increase in GABA levels is only one of three mechanisms of action for the drug. Moreover, many Pharm Phlash cards have multiple drugs on the face of one card without any variation of the text on the reverse side. There were many test questions that addressed the differences between the two drugs, and this information was not included. The graphics on the front of each Pharm Phlash card are the same for each major category of drugs. Thus, the graphics help very little to encourage retention of the pertinent information. I would not recommend any nursing student purchase this product without explicit advice from their instructor. The information is too generic to be of much use at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clinical Necessity!, July 16, 2009
Julie (New Jersey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pharm Phlash!: Pharmacology Flash Cards (Cards)
These flash cards are an excellent resource for clinicals; they are clearly written, concise, and also supply information vital to nursing care. Because they are organized and color-coded by body system,using them has really helped me to understand drug groups. I highly recommend these cards to nursing students and new nurses who are working to increase their understanding of the many drugs we are required to administer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the organized drug groups!, July 20, 2009
This review is from: Pharm Phlash!: Pharmacology Flash Cards (Cards)
This product came along just in time. I was drowning in thousands of drugs, their names and how they fit into the big picture, when this tool came along. I loved it for it's basic uncomplicated structure of the the main drugs in each category. If you are looking for a PDR on flash cards, this isn't it. But if you would like to understand how drugs interact with each other and how they are classified and how they work for the patient, I highly recommend this easy to use learning tool. It helped me build the bottom and supporting layer for my pharmacological memory.
Karen, Graduate RN in Jersey

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't include many drugs discussed in my PA school., January 15, 2009
K. M. Burleson (Johnson City, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pharm Phlash!: Pharmacology Flash Cards (Cards)
This product contains only a fraction of the drugs covered in my PA school pharmacotherapy course. For the ones that it does cover, it covers them well, but there are too many missing for it to be very beneficial for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars F.A. Davis Company is not very customer service oriented, January 6, 2011
This review is from: Pharm Phlash!: Pharmacology Flash Cards (Cards)
Bought these flash cards in a box and wasn't that pleased. Unfortunately Bookstores won't take the return because the box comes sealed in plastic and once opened can't be restocked. Called FA Davis and they offered nothing except a 10% discount on future items.

These cards have mistakes and some unusual choices for common drugs. The side effects listings are incomplete and don't always highlight the important adverse reactions.

Some of the misprints, which FA Davis call "Editorial Department Choices" just don't make sense. For example once card shows "pyrrolopyrazine" as the generic name for Lunesta. As far as nursing goes it should be eszopiclone. This kind of information just confuses and isn't helpful for the NCLEX.

On a positive note, the cards are colorful and less verbose than some other card boxes. Buyer beware.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pharm meds on the go, February 16, 2010
RNCurlyQ (Pinehurst, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pharm Phlash!: Pharmacology Flash Cards (Cards)
These pharm cards were great. They covered all the meds covered in all the meds on my Eliminiation, Respiratory test and Pharm Quiz so far...Kind of disappointed in the list of side effects...I think they could have just listed the pertinent ones most common with elaboration if needed. Otherwise then, it comes with a index to help you find the card you need, great size (med index cards), color coordinated and they are laminated.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT good for nursing :(, April 13, 2011
This review is from: Pharm Phlash!: Pharmacology Flash Cards (Cards)
These cards are catigorized by body system and not by medication classes so they are useless to me. Also all of the meds in this deck dont have classes listed at all. NOT IMPRESSED!

Pharm Phlash!: Pharmacology Flash Cards
Pharm Phlash!: Pharmacology Flash Cards by Valerie I. Leek MSN RN CMSRN (Cards - September 3, 2008)
$28.95 $27.32
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.