Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on May 8, 2014
So most nursing school textbooks are huge and have a bunch of pointless info in them. This book DOES have pointless info that you'll never use but for the most part, it's straight to the point, easy to read and hones in on the things you should pay close attention to.
on September 3, 2014
clear, concise and to the point. Linda did a good job. So helpful for students, at least for me. I really love it and no regrets borrowing this book. I should have bought it to keep it to myself it will never "age" the information cannot change and ACE inhibitor is an ACE inhibitor so we may get more info with new meds but for the common ones, she broke it down so nicely. Really helpful.
on November 17, 2014
I don't so much "like" this as "need it for class". I've read textbooks that are much better formatted and would really like the people that formatted literally any textbook I've ever used in college to go over this and make it an easier read. The way information is presented makes it nearly impossible to do any sort of outlining.
on April 14, 2015
I was really looking forward to getting this book in hopes to understand the mode of action of the types of medications. I am highly disappointed that there are many chapters missing in the book and some chapters are not fully complete (missing part of the chapter).
on April 16, 2016
As a life-long student who's taken about 200 undergraduate and 50 graduate school hours, I can honestly say this is one of the most poorly written texts that I've ever read. It is essentially the common core of nursing pharmacology. Rather than do what makes sense by organizing information in a fashion conducive to learning, the information is organized for inefficient learning. Everything is broken down by ADPIE/Nursing process, in an effort to be more nursey-academicy, rather than to provide a product useful to students. Rather than having information about a medication in one location in a chapter, it is spread all over the place. Instead of going to one or two pages to make a notecard, you may have to go to 13 different pages and manually (in a time-exhaustive fashion) search for the medication name or class being casually mentioned. If you are in a school that has easy exams, this is not a big deal. If you are in a school where that one sentence mentioned casually (under the description of a different medication, of all places - why is there information on medication X under Medication Y, which is not listed under Medication X?) on page 327, 18 pages away from the pages that predominantly talk about the medication in question, then it is a big deal. The book contradicts itself constantly, and lists different information in one section than another. For example, it may list certain characteristics in one area, but in the 6 other areas, the characteristics contradict, replace, or add. List everything in one area! You're producing a product for consumers, and you're not doing them a service by providing one of the most inefficient text books ever written. Get rid of the nursing common core ridiculousness, and actually write your text in a concise, well-organized fashion instead of being a nursing lemming who contributes to.. whatever this thing is that's occurring in nursing schools. I'm not sure what that thing is called, but it's not called, "conducive to learning efficiently."
on November 30, 2014
Very easy to read and understand. The best text books I've used since college and probably in my life. You can tell this was set up so you could learn efficiently and understand without rereading what you just read a thousand times
on April 5, 2014
It was shipped in proper timing and I had awesome customer service from Amazon.com. I also have an excellent professor who explains the material so well that when I revisit the book for further clarification, I am always able to get it. When I have completed the pharmacology course this book will definitely become a reference. Thank you.
on April 24, 2014
love it but had to buy another one for the drug calculation to make it simpler for me i pass my theory but fale the drug calculation part well that was just a practices test so with the other book helping me with calculation hope to do better next time
on January 6, 2016
I was able to easily afford this book when rented and I did not risk holding on to this book for years to come because the school book store will not take it back for a decent price. Renting is a good way to save money and not spend hundreds on new textbooks.
on February 1, 2015
I received the book promptly, however was disappointed that a NEW book was missing 4 chapters.. Over 60 pages gone.