5.0 out of 5 stars I love them!
Published on May 28, 2010 by C. Holcombe

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Hard and Holes Too Small
My nipples are rather large. For reference, I use the 30mm flanges with my breast pump. The holes on this product are too small for my nipples and actually cause more hurt, espeically because the plastic is so hard. Additionally, there is only one venting hole, so I kept getting condensation inside the cup, which seems to conducive to breeding bacteria.
Published 2 months ago by KE

5.0 out of 5 stars I love them!, May 28, 2010
This review is from: O-cal-ette Nursing Cup (Baby Product)
I have used these nursing cups with all five of my babies. They are made of hard plastic, but that allows your nipples to not come in contact with anything but air so they can totally heal inbetween feedings. You do feel a bit "Madonna" when you wear them, but they totally help with engorgement because it allows the milk to leak into the cups which I then save and freeze for later. Also while I am nursing on one side, the milk that leaks into the other side gets saved and frozen for later too. They are awesome if you have mastitis, engorgement, sore nipples, etc. I always give these to new moms that are planning on nursing and even more experienced moms that have had trouble nursing because of soreness, and they all swear by them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard Plastic! (Finally), January 5, 2012
This review is from: O-cal-ette Nursing Cup (Baby Product)
The real deal Swedish Milk Cups. Lots of older women will tell you about them and now it is hard to find this hard shell design. I have tried several other soft shell ones and they do not work as well as these do. The others leak horribly. This is a simple to use cure for sore nipples and easy milk collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for a breastfeeding mom (especially if leakage is involved), June 5, 2014
This review is from: O-cal-ette Nursing Cup (Baby Product)
My wife went through bra pads like crazy because when she fed the baby on one side the other side would leak especially when she had more than one letdown. She was actually using Medela's hard thera shells at first because of sore nipples and they would help catch leakage she could empty and save later, but they were small, have lots of holes, does not provide enough pressure on breast (milk leaks out of hole where nipple is suppose to go) and not sealed enough so where the two pieces join, milk would leak and still soak bra at bottom and gravity makes it worse. The O-cal-ette are bigger (a bit smaller in diameter to your average bra pad) holding at least an ounce and there is only one small hole. Most are terrible in the sense that when you bend over the milk leaks out including these but these cups are better because the single hole is much smaller as compared to even the milkies where the whole top is open. As a matter of fact the holes on o-cal-ette might be too small because when full it is hard to aim the hole in a bottle to pour out milk, but definitely doable and a trade off for less leakage. The cups also have a nice seal, are easy to clean, and much more flattering in bra than the small thera shells.
My wife also says as an added bonus, they helped with her blanching. These cups actually helped her when worn to keep the nipples warmer (for circulation to return) while "airing out" and also slightly moist from milk. Of course if you prefer completely dry nipples then this might not be what you want. As long as you remember to empty it out (because they are just that comfortable that she forgets she has them) they are worth every penny.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Hard and Holes Too Small, June 11, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for use at home, November 13, 2013
This review is from: O-cal-ette Nursing Cup (Baby Product)
My wife loves the relief these nursing cups provide. She wished she would have had these for her first two pregnancies. They are hard plastic, but not completely hard. They are soft enough to be comfortable, yet still sturdy enough to keep their shape while worn. However, regardless of what the box says, it is probably not a good idea to wear these in public. They are more suitable for home use, unless you plan on wearing a jacket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifesavers! (AKA Nipplesavers!), September 23, 2012
This review is from: O-cal-ette Nursing Cup (Baby Product)
I have been using the O-cal-ette Nursing Cup for 3 months now and coudn't be happier. I didn't have them with my first baby and had to start using a nipple shield while he nursed because I hurt so bad. My son then got used to the nipple shield and wouldn't go back to nursing without it. It was the biggest pain to have to carry around a nipple shield everywhere I went in case I had to feed him. With the nursing cup, it allows my nipples to heal in between nursing while at the same time, draws them out making it very easy for my little guy to latch on.

The cups are made of hard plastic but are small enough to fit in my bra. I am able to wear them wherever I go, however it doesn't look the best in a tight fitting shirt. The cups do have a very small hole at the top for pouring out the milk so I wear a nursing pad on top of that to avoid any leaking when I bend over. There are times when I go to take one off to nurse and it is over half full! At that point I have to lay the baby back down to go dump out the milk. I only save the milk if I have just recently cleaned the cups but I could easily collect 5-6 extra ounces each day if I sterilized them more often. (Maybe I just need to buy another pair so that I can wear one set while the other is in the dishwasher.) All in all, I think they are great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and Comfortable., February 12, 2014
This review is from: O-cal-ette Nursing Cup (Baby Product)
These cup preform just as I expected them to. They are comfortable to wear. It easy to collect milk for later.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for overproducing mothers., November 5, 2013
This review is from: O-cal-ette Nursing Cup (Baby Product)
The O-cal-ette nursing cups are a life saver. I over produce milk and they help relieve engorgement, and I also able to collect milk for my little one. I haven' had to pump since I got these. I even ordered another one, so that I always have a clean pair available.
For those worried about foremilk/hindmilk imbalance, it has not been a problem for me because I have so much extra milk that I can usually toss the first cup or so, and make sure I get enough of the creamier type for his bottles. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Breastfeeding Necessity, January 10, 2014
This review is from: O-cal-ette Nursing Cup (Baby Product)
I love these cups!!! I have used these cups with my last 2 children and breastfed for at least a year. These cups I wore all the time. It was a life saver especially when I would be at work and could not pump so instead of getting engorged my breasts were able to naturally release the built up milk. For those that breastfeed and have to pump you know this liquid is like gold and you dont want to waste a single drop. They are especially great for while you are feeding and the other side lets down and it holds onto the milk so you don't waste a single drop!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must for nursing moms, January 30, 2012
This review is from: O-cal-ette Nursing Cup (Baby Product)
I got these to help collect the leaking milk when i an nursing on the other side. they have also come in handy when i go a little bit too long between nursing!! I prefer these over other cups due the this cup only having a single air hole on the top. it doesnt leak as often as the others!

O-cal-ette Nursing Cup