4.0 out of 5 stars A good LED
I like these. I have tried several brands of different standard base LED replacement bulbs.

Published on November 28, 2010 by High Planes Drifter

1.0 out of 5 stars misleading!
The Title of the ad equates this with a 60W incandescent. Based on the technical specs in the body of the ad it is patently false. To mimic a 60W incandescent bulb would require output of approximately 800 Lumens, using at least 12-13 Watts of energy. The tech specs for this bulb are only 330lm/6 Watts. So in reality it is less than a 30 watt equivalent!
Published on June 19, 2011 by Roy Urick

4.0 out of 5 stars A good LED, November 28, 2010
This review is from: Pharox 300 Dimmable LED Bulb - 6 Watt Incandescent Replacement Bulb

These are basically "flood lights" as they only project ~180 degrees. They are bright enough if they face in the direction you want, but they certainly can't replace an incandescent or CFL if you want light from the "lower" part of the bulb. I would not use them in these applications.

They dim well, although when very low (like when you think they are off, but they aren't) my wife can hear a buzz (from the bedside lamp). Maybe this is a good thing.

The color is only a little bit on the white side when compared to a standard incandescent, but not much. I have also tried the Pharox 300 Flame: I find these to be too far to the orange side for my purposes.

I have not tried the Pharox III so I cannot compare them.

If you find these work your application check out the Pharox website where you can get a better price on a multipack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Amazing LED, December 3, 2010
I am a huge fan of LEDs, and after replacing all my incandescents for environmental reasons, the bonus is my electric bill has gone down by a third. After purchasing multiple brands and watts of LEDs, and the Pharox 300 impresses me the most. The light is as warm and clear as an incandescent. That is truly amazing since most LEDs do give off a bluish white glow.
The one "down side" is that at 6 Watts, it really doesn't compare to a 60 Watt incandescent. It's eqivalent to perhaps a 45 or 50 Watt bulb. But, most LEDs on the market that truly give off 60 Watt light are at least 8 Watts and start at $40. So, the price is very reasonable.

1.0 out of 5 stars misleading!, June 19, 2011
Roy Urick (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Impressed, January 21, 2011
I'm not a lighting expert by a far cry: this is just a review by a layperson looking for decent sustainable lighting. I'm still in the progress of transitioning, so the fixture in my room contains two incandescents, a CFL, and the new LED. After reading complaints that LEDs light unevenly, slowly, and dimly, I was pleased to find it turned on immediately, was evenly lighting (it looks just like an incandescent, really), and seemed about as bright. I'm getting spotty vision looking at these bulbs, but here's all I really notice: the LED looks a little bluish while the incandescents and CFL look a little more orange. The CFL is brighter than both other forms, but only when looking right at it. All in all, the globe LED resembles an incandescent (60 watt); and if it actually works for 25 years, I'll be perfectly fine with the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Closer to a 40W incandescent.. and very yellow light., June 7, 2011
I bought this to put in a lamp at my desk because my old incandescent was putting off way too much heat. It's a lot cooler, but still puts off some heat. I'd say 10-20%. I can deal with that. The problem is that the light is very, very yellow. I didn't expect this. If anything, I expected it to be *less* yellow than my previous bulb. Now to be fair, I'm used to using the white-coated incandescents (like GE's Reveal line). I use standard clear incandescents in nightlights and this is even a bit more yellow than those are. If you have ever used a yellow incandescent bug light (designed not to attract flying insects), it's comparable to that. Light output is significantly less than a traditional 60w incandescent, I'd say closer to a 40w. Not a big deal for me since I prefer dim light at my desk, though certainly worth a mention. Some other points to note: it comes on instantly, and doesn't make any buzzing sounds.

I'm not sure I'm going to be keeping it. I may end up trying some other options.

Heat: Some warmth, but much better than incandescent
Light output: About 1/3-1/4 less than advertised
Color: Way too yellow

*** UPDATE ***

It turns I, like others, received the "FLAME" edition of this bulb. Which is designed to be orange/yellow. There seems to be a problem with inventory. Be sure to check the canister the bulb comes in as soon as you receive yours. I will update again if I decide to reorder (I'm worried I'll get the same color again).

3.0 out of 5 stars A good investment, somewhat, April 7, 2011
Bill Steinmetz "Bill Steinmetz" (Bethlehem. Pennslyvania USA) - See all my reviews
Lemmis did not ship well, the bulbs were lucky they arrived intact and workable. One bulb had escaped from its package and was rattling around in the cardboard box which itself was crushed and about to come apart. Come on guys, you can do better!

LED bulbs save an incredible amount of energy. Pharox is known for some inconsistencies, humming, inconsistent flickering, non uniformity of color temperature between bulbs.

If you can live with this new technology in order to save energy, they are a good deal.

We are starting to see cheaper LEDs in Home Depot and Lowes now, this is a good thing and may be a better place to start. At least your initial outlay is not soo high.

This is a relatively new product, and I am not sure the manufacturing bugs have all been worked out to come up with a stable consistent product.

1.0 out of 5 stars ...not as advertised!!, April 14, 2011
I spent $27 on 1 bulb because it said 'dimmable.' this is NOT DIMMABLE. As soon as I go to dim it, if flickers and spasms. A waste of money. I could have gotten much cheaper LEDs that do not claim that feature.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sitting in my garage, unplugged, August 17, 2011
When I put this bulb in a ceiling fixture (closed) it started blinking after a few minutes -- perhaps when it got too hot or something. Anyway, can't use it, too bad.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just bought 4!, February 15, 2011
I know buying 4 is a lot to try out, but I decided to pay the money to see if it actually saved me money overall during the month.

My first impression was cool packaging and unlike other LED supposely these are heavy metal free like lead which is bad for our health.

2ndly, if you register you get a 5 year warranty on it.

It does light evenly and is dimmable.

So Far,

They run hotter than I expected. I thought leds don't run as hot as other light bulbs because it's a light emitting diode and doesn't use metals like regular light bulbs?

Do I have defective ones.

2ndly, the bulbs are meant to replace a 60 watt incandescent, but it's not as bright. In fact If I would judge based on my eyes the brightness is actually reduced to half.
I did a side by side comparison of the led light vs the incandescent. If it was brighter, it would be great replacement.

I will definitely try these bulbs out, but I wouldn't be able to read by the light without straining my eyes.

I'm not going to ask for my money back, but I definitely don't see this as a replacement for the lights in my house. Mainly in a room where the lights being dimmer is to my advantage?

4.0 out of 5 stars Proof that LED bulbs can be accepted by the masses, May 1, 2011
I was highly skeptical about the Pharox 300 (and the push of lighting in this direction on the whole), but was encouraged by positive reviews, felt bold and got a pair. Result? Astonished is saying a bit much, but I'm left impressed far beyond my expectations and it's made a believer out of me that LED bulbs are not the proverbial gloom and doom of future energy efficiency.

Though rated for "60W", when compared side-by-side to a standard incandescent bulb there is an obvious difference. The "yellow-ish" color is rather faithfully reproduced, and after asking a few guests this past week no one had suspected any difference in lighting from the 'projector' lights I place over my den.

Here's where the LED design has its faults that are, unfortunately, unavoidable for now... the light distribution is not the near 360 degrees we all know and love out of our lamps. I've found use for them in my one-directional projector lamps, which lets the full beam of the bulb shine. This is simply not able to fully replace a generic 60 watt standard house lightbulb in a standard lamp. For this I can't give the product 5 stars, since the product as billed as something attempting to be an all-out energy-saving alternative.

Without more I doubt I'll directly be able to see true energy savings, but considering the bulb is barely warm to the touch after being on for hours, it's pretty obvious I'm sucking less power out of the wall.