4.0 out of 5 stars 80% Fashion Stuff. What about the music?
A real beautiful collection of pics and cool pharrell dialogue, but wish there was be more stuff about his passion for music and producing....the reason I bought it!!!!!

He's a brilliant creative worker no doubt, but it gets corny looking at the most of the book's photos which are spreads of expensive big name apparel collabs and custom jacob & co jewelry...
Published 10 months ago by Sebastian

3.0 out of 5 stars Well Put together
A bit repetitive as far as the interviews go. Though some are very fascinating. Ones with fellow musicians though aren't anything to look foward too. Great photographs though throughout. I'd suggest this only for die-hard Pharrell fans, other wise wait for the die-hard fan you know to get it and skim through it.
Published 20 months ago by Justin Idlet

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars 80% Fashion Stuff. What about the music?, September 27, 2013
This review is from: Pharrell: Places and Spaces I've Been (Hardcover)

Cool, but who's can afford to buy that stuff? And why? Pharrell and the neptunes music and productions represents much more of their personalities than that.

Questlove's book is way more conscious with musical soul and inspiring relatable material in one page than this entire book gets close to.
The glamour gets cheesy, but a fun book nonetheless.
Pure love for Pharrell always still.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your ordinary book...in a good way, November 18, 2012
This review is from: Pharrell: Places and Spaces I've Been (Hardcover)
A great book filled with imagery and interviews/insights to many creative people. A great coffee table book or an inspiration book.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK (and it's pretty too!!), February 28, 2013
This review is from: Pharrell: Places and Spaces I've Been (Hardcover)
My son has been looking for this book for over a 1 year now! Either it was too expensive or it was SOLD OUT or Back-ordered in the stores and on the websites! So when all else fails what did I do? I logged onto Amazon.com and I found the book for my son and for less the cost of ALL the other sites that I visited!! Amazon.com shipped the book out to me within a few days and just in time for my son's 19th Birthday!! I asked my son to save the wrapped Amazon box last to capture the moment and when he opened the box, he had the biggest smile on his face and he said, "You got me the book! Thanks mom, and he gave me the biggest hug!! The book has a very pretty blue cotton cloth like cover and seems like it will be a pretty good read too especially with all the pages and color pictures that's attached!! My son started his own Trademarked clothing line (tees and sweatshirts) a couple of years ago and I think that he will get lots of inspiration from reading Pharrell's book!! Thanks Amazon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, December 3, 2012
This review is from: Pharrell: Places and Spaces I've Been (Hardcover)
Fantastic book which sheds light on the mindset of Pharrell through his friends and family. Tons of great vivid pictures of N*E*R*D, Bape, BBC/Ice Cream, and other projects Pharrell has been involved in. Great for any streetwear enthusiast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong with Pharrell, November 20, 2012
This review is from: Pharrell: Places and Spaces I've Been (Hardcover)
Great book for all Pharrell fans with high quality images and stories from his life as a producer, designer and musician. Nice dialogues with his numerous associates such as Jay-Z, Kanye etc. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Pharrell: Places and Spaces I've Been (Hardcover)
Pharrell is by far my favorite artist. This book symbolizes the success of him and the others around him. This book is inspirational already. I just started reading it and can tell that I will read it a second time as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, November 13, 2012
MTS (Vienna, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pharrell: Places and Spaces I've Been (Hardcover)
For anyone who wants to deduce how people's mind's work, check out this book. It's not about necessarily about Pharrell, but rather about how he has interacted with people and learned from them. It's an inspiring and informative read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Pharrell: Places and Spaces I've Been (Hardcover)
This book was a lot bigger than I expected which I was more than pleased with. The cover is hot pink fabric and and the quality of the images are outstanding. I would definitely consider this book a collectible because of the quality alone.
I wish I could give more than 5 stars honestly, this books deserves it. If you're a N.E.R.D. fan old/new, I would suggest you check this book out. It's a beautiful mixture of art,music, and culture and it's something for everyone to take away from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you!, December 27, 2013
This review is from: Pharrell: Places and Spaces I've Been (Hardcover)
Got this book for our son who is starting up a business. All he says, is "Pharrell is a genious." Sounds like he is a great inspiration!

3.0 out of 5 stars Well Put together, December 4, 2012

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Pharrell: Places and Spaces I've Been
Pharrell: Places and Spaces I've Been by Pharrell Williams (Hardcover - October 16, 2012)
$55.00 $41.05