5.0 out of 5 stars great game
Published 19 months ago by Candace Kiekhefer

3.0 out of 5 stars Phase 10
I think the game is okay. The computer players (for lack of a better description)are not very good. I have not lost a single game. It would be nice to select who I am, and who the other players are, rather than having the software select the players. It would also be nice to select skill levels, but for $1.99 how can I really complain all that much.Phase 10
Published 18 months ago by dlbergmark

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, September 11, 2012
This review is from: Phase 10 (Kindle Edition)
I have played this game for years. I am very glad it has come to Kindle. It is an easy game to learn. You have 10 specific phases to complete. You must complete each phase before you can move on to the next one. The first person to complete all 10 phases wins the game. If more that one person completes the phase in the same turn, then the person with the lowest amount of points wins. The 10 phases are:
1. 2 sets of 3
7. 2 sets of 4
8. 7 cards of one color
9. 1 set of 5 + 1 set of 2
10. 1 set of 5 + 1 set of 3
You cannot lay down part of a phase, the entire phase has to be laid down all at once. Any left over cards can be played on another players phase and also on your own phase. Players with cards left in their hand at the end of the round add those point to their score. The game plays very smoothly on the Kindle. The cards are very clear and readable. You don't get to choose the number of players - it is a 4 player game. I wish we could choose the number of players we want. I also wish there was a way to keep track of how many games we've played and how many we've won or lost. However, neither of those things should keep anyone from getting this game. I think it is a very fun game for anyone to play.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun time waster!, September 21, 2012
Grasss Valley "Observer2007" (Grass Valley, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Phase 10 (Kindle Edition)
It's a credible computer verison of Phase 10. The computer doesn't make too many obvious errors. i.e. Doesn't "watch" you pick up a discard and then discard the same card again. However, I'd also have to admit I win more than 25% of my games so it's not as good as a human player.

5.0 out of 5 stars This game is ADDICTING!!, September 17, 2012
This review is from: Phase 10 (Kindle Edition)
Bought this game for my Kindle Touch and have played it at least 50 times since I purchased in the last few days. Thought it would be cheesy with me playing against 3 other computer people; but its not. Its fun, its progressively harder and more fun than I can tell you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Phase 10, October 11, 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional, but needs some improvements, October 9, 2012
This review is from: Phase 10 (Kindle Edition)
I will say that this is my most played Kindle game, just because I love Phase 10. However, there are some noticeable problems with the game.

Other commenters have noted the lack of ability to select the number of players, or even select which icon you would like to associate with yourself. Additionally, the biggest gripe I have is that it doesn't actually tell you who won the game - once you complete Phase 10, its just like completing any other phase. It's left to the user to decide if they won or not. Would a simple "You win!" screen been so hard to code in?

Of further note is the difficulty. I have not lost a single game, and I usually win by a huge margin. The AI is definately not challenging.

That being said, if you enjoy phase 10, its still a great purchase at the price you get it at.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kindle Game, September 10, 2012
This review is from: Phase 10 (Kindle Edition)
Definitely a 5 star game. I play this game pretty much on a weekly basis with a card group so I had a really good understanding of the game. I found it to be extremely easy to follow. Very authentic and addictive. Actually, I liked it better than the card game. I have to say this has turned out to be one of my favorite Kindle games.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, October 27, 2012
This review is from: Phase 10 (Kindle Edition)
This game is ok to pass a little while if you are bored. I destroy the other AI players every single time so The AI isnt too bright. It is worth a buck or two but beyond that there just enough enough to justify it. If you like phase ten it plays pretty well and its worth it

4.0 out of 5 stars addicted already, September 14, 2012
This review is from: Phase 10 (Kindle Edition)
I have loved this game for many years, and was very happy to see it for my Kindle! It plays the game very well, and you can play as fast or as slowly as you want...and if you must quit in the middle of a game (horror of horrors!) it picks up exactly where you left (I really like that). There are a couple small things I would add to make play more realistic...the ability to see who draws or picks up a discard (thereby making it more competitive and strategic), the ability to "pass n play (the computer players rotate out and play well), let me pick my own icon, and a small abbreviation by each player to see what phase they are on. Regardless, I'm gonna play until my fingers and mind are numb.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, October 14, 2012
This review is from: Phase 10 (Kindle Edition)
The game is ok but on my kindle it sometimes freezes up. It's a fun game but the controls are sometimes confusing as well. I constantly press the wrong button and get rid I a card I don't want to. I also have the game on my iPhone and it works much better on that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excited for Phase 10 on Kindle, September 16, 2012
This review is from: Phase 10 (Kindle Edition)
Terrific version of the game. Cards are easy to distinguish and play is quick and smooth. I had some reservations, but at .99 cents, figured why not give it a try. Glad I did. Do wish it had a pass and play option. Maybe that will happen in an update. So four stars for that reason. If you like Phase 10, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

ARRAY(0x908f293c)