5.0 out of 5 stars As Good as Splashtop & TeamViewer

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs audio
Published 20 months ago by Anony Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars As Good as Splashtop & TeamViewer, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC) (App)
I've used all the major RDP apps; Splashtop, TeamViewer, PocketCloud, LogMeIn. I use Splashtop most, because it's the fastest with live video streams. TeamViewer probably is more powerful, but a bit harder to configure for video streaming. I like to use apps like this to access my security camera laptop, and view it on my tablet while at home or away. So I was excited to give Jump a try.

Jump is very easy to setup. Just download the app, then go to their website and download the companion software onto the computer you want to control. You can do a direct VPN or use your Google account for fast and easy setup. I was up and running in under 5 min.

The connection from my tablet to my laptop is very fast. Probably the fastest of all the RDP apps I've tried. My security cams were all rendering seamlessly and the video was crisp, clear, and stutter free. Oh, and I'm running a dozen security cams at once, so it's no small task to stream all that live video so cleanly.

I still think TeamViewer is a more powerful RDP app, with file sharing, meetings and all it has to offer. But the video streaming with Jump is so fast, that it may well become my day to day, go-to RDP app. Really liking it thus far, and the setup couldn't be easier. Love it. EXCELLENT FAOTD!! Happy! ;oD

UPDATE: I've been playing around with Jump like a kid in a candy store. This app is fantastic. There's a Free Remote Desktop companion program available at Jump's website. With that, I'm now able to control 2 computers directly with it; laptop to laptop. I have to say, the more I use it, the more impressed I am with Jump.

Dedicated Windows Key - If you've used any of the RDP apps, you know how tricky it can be sometimes just to hit that darn Windows key on the computer you're trying to access. Jump has a dedicated Windows key on the interface window itself, which makes it very easy.

File Transfers - Still trying to figure that one out. There's always a bit of a learning curve. But at least I know it's possible.

Local Network Direct Connection - the instructions say you can connect 2 computers on the same local network, via IP address, rather than using a Google account. This will come in handy for linking and controlling all my computers at home, without racking up any data fees.

Love this app!
Go ahead JUMP on in!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and works with just about everything!, May 2, 2013
Thom Bone (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC) (App)
I just LOVE how it has both major protocols covered in one application! Now I can use the same app to connect with my Windows, Linux AND Mac OSX boxes, transparently and seamlessly. Bravo! This is the best remote desktop app I have ever seen on Android! FIVE well deserved stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great App, a must for every smart phone owner, January 22, 2012
This review is from: Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC) (App)
I have been using this app for the last few months on my iphone and ipad. Finally there is a version for my droid.
I can't tell you how many times this app has saved my day by letting me remote into my home computer. Few weeks back I was travelling internationally and forgot to put a file i needed in my drop box. I used jump desktop to remote into my computer on my phone and put the file in the drop box folder.
Great app, easy to use, a must for every smartphone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs audio, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC) (App)
I completely agree with Adam's review. I too have been using Splashtop and the mouse and keyboard are annoying to use. Jump is cleaner and smoother. Use of the keyboard is nice. The mouse is smooth to use. The software is easy to set up (and no, there is no $30 charge that another reviewer has incorrectly posted). I am able to access gadgets on my desktop with Jump that was not viewable with Splashtop. It is pointless to stream anything, though, because there is no audio as Splashtop has. Also, I appreciate the fact that when I connect to my desktop with Splashtop , it makes the desktop screen black while I am connected using Splashtop, to allow privacy. Jump does not do this. The desktop screen is viewable to others while Jump is connected. I hope this will be added as an option, but for now the features of Splashtop trump those of Jump for me. It has potential, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Fantastic, September 16, 2012
This review is from: Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC) (App)
I love being able to monitor updating sites from my couch!
I can now easily watch my Linux machines doing ftp transfers from anywhere on my property.
No problems at all with this. software.
l use this daily.
Best of all vnc software I have used.
Great Interface!

Update
Still using this app daily!
I have this software both on my iPad and my android (Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 and iPad 1).
It it's nice not to be tied to a desk waiting to finish file transfers. Rediscover your family and friends by getting away from your office and still monitor your work. It works for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect remote control for windows, February 4, 2013
KongoBongo (Satellite Beach) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC) (App)
I purchased the app for testing my windows 8 apps (which i develop) in various resolution via RDP. This is the only app which transfers the multi touch point to the windows pc so that it feels like a native windows 8 tablet.

Perfect win8 touch on an android device!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy, lite, and free!!, March 27, 2012
This review is from: Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC) (App)
Great App. Very lite and easy to setup. You do not have install their Jump client app on you PC if you do not want to as it uses RDP which is already built into Windows.. Just turn it on under your Computer properties and your good to go!!

Also when in windows everything is very responsive. I like their circle/pointer setup as well. It lets you use the mouse pointer and it keeps you fingers out of the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful app - Awesome!, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC) (App)
I must say "WOW" this is super useful application to have on your tablet. It gives you full remote access to any windows based machines using RDP and run all the applications remotely. I attempted this Jump Desktop App on my Samsung Galaxy tab 2 running Jelly bean 4.1 and I am pleased to report that it works like a champ. The mouse pointer integration is super and works great. The rendering of screens works perfectly and you can even use full screen on your tablet and it makes it look like as if you are physically connected to the remote windows machine.

The pinch zoom feature on remote desktop is nice to have makes it easy to read. I have tried various other remote desktop apps before and had partial success but this is a truly well designed thought after app and this is one of the very best. Download it today and you will find this app super useful to remotely control your Windows machines using RDP and VNC for Mac OS.

Kudos to the developer for a super app - Full five stars from me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cool!, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC) (App)
I've never had one of these programs before, but since it was the FAOTD I decided to give it a try. I am very impressed! I played around with it for a little bit, looking through some of my files and pictures. I opened a photo editing program and now I can edit photos from my KFHD. Awesome for when I don't want to lug my big laptop upstairs. I look forward to playing around with it some more. I don't know all the capabilities, but so far it seems to work really well.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is fantastic!, May 2, 2013
CSharpner.com "csharpner_com" (Knoxville, TN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC) (App)
This works great! I love how they've provided a decent user experience by mapping touch gestures to remote mouse functions. This is definitely one of the rare apps that'll be on my list of must-haves.

The RDP functionality is great.

It did die on me once during my 10 minute test, hence the 4 starts instead of 5.

Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC)