Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on January 1, 2011
Ok, I had an x2 6000, an x2 240 x2 250 x2 255 x2 260 and others to name a few. All AMD, a lot of computers for various people in the house.

Anyways I recieved this package faster than newegg can deliver or just as fast for some reason. Great, anyways.

I set the northbridge and ht for 1600 and I pushed the bus to 250 i set the cpu v core for a total of 1.325 I set my gskill memory at 1.50 probably dont need that much, but g skill says it is ok. memory was set to run at 1066 ddr 3 initially before over clock

The result is 3.5ghz stable 2000 on ht and 2000 on northbridge, and ddr3 1333 from the overclock. My computer has wings.

so from 2.8ghz to 3.5ghz on the cpu and ddr3 1066 to ddr3 1333. I am still running my akimbo 8800gt

no stress on anything yes this item is the c3 version, they just show an older box when advertising.

All my games play much smoother, things load faster.

I also tested a few rars with my x2 6000 and a few video encodes. The x4 rarred or encoded in half the time or faster.

Get this cheap and follow these settings, you will be happy.

Any questions you can email me at. Just let me know who you are and what it is about so I wont think you are spam

gbrownresume
@
yahoo
.com
on May 25, 2011
I'm not a fanboy for any company; I go with what my requirements are. When my requirements are for a low power consumption CPU, Intel is not the way to go. I needed to build a new HTPC for my wife on her TV. She has low requirements, watch videos, hulu, Netflix, etc. So I wanted to keep power consumption very low. However, the biggest issue with her old computer, which was a Second Gen Mac Mini with Intel Dual Core, is media playback. The reality today is even with a professional media player like PowerDVD, you're going to end up playing some hi-def 1080P content that can't offload to the video card and it's up to your CPU to pick up the slack.

That's where a quad core is critical. If you want to just not worry about media playback, get a quad core. With AMD, I put this 95 watt quad core in and the machine can handle the meatiest media you can throw at it. I had it run a 26GB MKV of the new Star Trek and it was liquid smooth. On her Mac Mini, it was unplayable. Besides the media playback, OS and Browsing is very fast with no slowdowns. I have it in power throttle, so it underclocks and overclocks when needed with no issues found. Overall, I highly recommend it.
on February 28, 2011
Uses it in a new build for my daughter with a Gigabyte motherboard. It gives a WIE 0f 7.2. Low heat and handle multitasking well. AMD still can't compete with Intel in speed but this chip represents AMD's philosophy well: lower cost and still fast enough for what it was designed for.
on March 2, 2011
The machine I bought this for currently has a mobo that will only support up to 95W AM3's and this is by far the one you want. If you can pick it up for under $125, even better. Replacing a 2.2 GHz X4 9500. Even though it's only a little performance boost, it was definitely noticeable - and for under $150 a great upgrade. Runs Black Ops smoothly at high settings (not maxed out, but pretty high) with a 9800GTX+ & 8GB of RAM. Windows 7 Pro boots in about 25 seconds or so.
on January 17, 2011
You simply cannot beat the price VS the performance of these AMD CPUs. I upgraded (from a Dual Core X2 64) to this CPU on December 28th, 2010. My dual core had been plenty to keep up with my gaming (and video/image editing), but things were finally starting to bog down (Metro 2033 and Mass Effect 2) and I could no longer max out my games (resolution and graphic settings).

I had the GPU (260 GTX) and the ram (Video 2.6GB, System 4GB) to run the games, but my CPU was now the bottleneck in my system. After throwing this bad boy in (less than 5 minutes of work) I am now absolutely crushing it gaming wise. Games like Metro 2033 (which is a visual FEAST) have no limit within reason now.

I highly suggest this processor to any gamer or multi-tasker. I also set priorities in my startup and a few other processes to multiple (or separate) cores so things get going faster. Look it up, it's simple.

Anyway, again YOU CAN'T BEAT PERFORMANCE FOR PRICE HERE PEOPLE. These bad boys can also be overclocked on stock air...and even more-so with slightly better coolers. However, there's not really any reason to do so right now...these are MORE than enough to do anything you need now or in the near future.
on March 17, 2011
I used this as part of an upgrade to my office computer. Installed in a Gigabyte M68MT-D3 main board. It is very fast and stable with either Windows 7 or Windows XP, even with many programs open at once. Excellent value for the price paid!
on January 27, 2011
Even though this CPU is on the low side of its class, with four cores working in synchronicity the chip is blazing fast. Running and switching between several applications at once is never a problem. There's something satisfying looking at a CPU performance application, and seeing four processors all running at close to zero load. It's just plain cool. Placed in a bargain gaming rig, and has performed excellently. I've run games like CoD: Black Ops, Starcraft II, and Star Trek Online with all features set to highest quality with no trouble. Using only the included heatsink and fan, the chip runs cool enough. Average temperature is around 30 degrees celcius, and the highest I've ever seen in the middle of high gaming action was 46, about 15 degrees cooler than the reported value for this processor to begin having problems. In short, high functionality for low price.
on January 21, 2011
I bought this processor to breathe some new life into an old case and honestly it did exactly that, went along with an MSI motherboard and 4 GB DDR3 ram from corsair and I gave life to this beast. The task of installing windows 7 was a joke in just under 12 minutes windows was up and running which for me was a surprise since my old dual core took much longer. Boot-up and shutdown times are amazingly fast and the only thing holding this sucker back is the actual windows software. It is just an amazing processor with speed on stock alone to run anything so yeah its worth every penny and it is a great buy.
on April 21, 2016
AMD Phenom II is a great processor, staying cool and not overheating. Was easy to install and works great in my HP desktop
on April 18, 2011
siempre e optado por amd y no me e equivocado muy buen procesador junto con una tarjeta ati anda a full