5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice for small rooms
Published on January 4, 2011 by A. Bryant

3.0 out of 5 stars Good little tv!
We've had this tv in our bedroom about a year now with no complaints. Picture quality is good, sound is a bit tinnish, easy to setup. Main thing I don't like about it is the self dimmer on this unit is very sensitive - constantly goes dim, bright, dim, bright - esp. when watching in a dark room.
Published on December 26, 2011 by traywilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent choice for small rooms, January 4, 2011
This review is from: Philips 19PFL4505D/F7 19-Inch 720p LED LCD HDTV, Black (Electronics)
Purchased this at a great price for my mother, and the TV has been perfect. Picture quality is high, particularly for a screen of this size. Predictably, the sound is a bit weak (you can easily amend this by hooking up speakers via the headphone jack, however). Philips is a solid brand - it's always worth it to pursue a reputable product - and the aesthetics of the TV are great; the design and build quality are fantastic.

If you're searching for a nice HDTV for a bedroom or small room, this is among the best options.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great So Far!, February 10, 2011
Lance (Riverside County) - See all my reviews
I have had this tv for about a week. I bought it for a home exercise room. Set up was easy. Even if you use basic cable it should pull in the HD channels. I know that Time Warner does. The only issue that I ran into is connecting my Roku box to it. You have to go through the second HDMI input and not the first. If you go through the second, the HDMI cable will carry the audio and video signals to the tv. I connected a DVD player and video player to it easily. I also suggest that if you have a spare set of computer speakers that you connect them through the headphone jack. The only issue is the tiny light at the botton which as one reviewer noted is extremely bright. I guess I will either get used to it or tape it over. Otherwise this was a great buy and an excellent choice for a small room or a children's bedroom.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the kids' room, March 28, 2011
Great TV. Lightweight, easy to assemble the base, and hooked it up very quickly. I'm not using a cable box, so I had to autoprogram the channels. The picture looks great. Extremely busy patterns appear to move and turn grainy even on an HD channel, but I've only seen that happen once. Both HD and SD channels look fine - no complaints.

Great feature: Channel list/skip. Many of the channels are duplicates or they're in languages that we don't speak. While in the channel skip menu, you can preview each channel as you run down the list. My 32" TV from another brand doesn't have this feature.

Sound: I continue to adjust the equalizer to try to get it to sound "normal". It's not that bad once you lower the 2nd of the 5 EQ bands and fiddle around with the others.

Since I'm running the cable directly in and have strange and out-of-order channels like 52.9, 66.20, 71.707, 74.641, 102.248, etc., I would have liked a "Favorite channel" feature or at least a manual channel labeler. The remote is logically laid out and feels solid.

Overall, I really do like the TV and have already recommended it to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Television, July 17, 2011
The television arrived as expected and was easy to setup and use. We were looking for a small TV to use out in the gazabo and this one is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips 19PFL4505D/F7, July 7, 2011
Very nice tv. Good picture, excellant menu choices for set up preferences. Speakers could be a little better, but they are fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, March 15, 2012
This product fulfill my expectations. It works fine and have an excellent resolution. Its size allows it to put in little spaces.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good little tv!, December 26, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars My extra computer monitor, June 12, 2011
charles k major (oakland park, fl, US) - See all my reviews
Needing an extra monjtor because of restricted space I decided on this HDTV.It was a good choice. The Tv works great as a monitor, is a cinch to set up. and a pleasure to use. Thanks Philips!

1.0 out of 5 stars LASTED 30 DAYS!, June 18, 2014
*bought 2nd hand
*horibble display
*SLOW changing channels
*using it as a pc monitor was the worst experience i had trying to set it up..(display cheap) not a beginner as far as that.(max resolution 1366X768)
*STOPPED turning on after 30days..tried various things to make it work, even unpluging it for a time then replug and it would turn on and power OFF immediately.
*DISAPPOINTING philips tv
*bought and InsiGnia brand and works way better and pc set up is a snap and GREAT resolution max 1600x1200.BETTER picture quality also.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, August 18, 2012
Normally I like Phillips equipment but this TV set had problems.

It has a feature which brightens the picture in bright rooms and dims it so it isn't blinding in a dark room.. Good idea gone wrong. The picture would brighten and dim randomly and often. Gave me a headache. Back to Samsung.

Philips 19PFL4505D/F7 19-Inch 720p LED LCD HDTV, Black