Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on May 6, 2012
I needed to replace my old 19" CRT TV (yes really) because my cable company got rid of all analog channels and I hated having to turn on devices just to check the weather.

I couldn't find any reviews anywhere on this TV and it's one of the few brands I recognized. My HDD's are Phillips and they're awesome so I had hoped this TV would be too. This Phillips was meant to be the one I watched the most but 22" was too small for that (bought a 26" Vizio for that purpose) so it's been put to use in another room instead.

I use this TV daily and coming from a CRT, WOW, there's a major difference in the picture. All the 1080 channels are just beautiful with crisp clear colors. Sound-wise though it could use a boost. I suggest adding external speakers to this unit because the speakers are in the back and aim upwards, so if you have it in a TV cabinet like I do, the sound will be too low in your average sized room.

The remote and settings are intuitive and easy to use. The TV was easy to connect, lots of cable options (component, HDMI, etc.). I can say that even though I didn't need or want to replace my old TV I do not miss it. Even with wide screen everything, which for me, takes some getting used to, I'm liking this.

I wish there were more reviews but I got a great price and so far am happy with this purchase.
on September 2, 2012
I had this TV unpacked, assembled, hooked up and working in less that 30 minutes. It went into a channel search automatically when turned on for the first time. The channel search required about half of the 30 minutes needed to get it going.

I think the TV has a great picture and sound for a TV of this size and price. It was easy to assemble the stand with two screws and the channel setup was automatic after attaching the cable and plugging it in. After that you go thru a very easy procedure to adjust the picture settings to your requirements. That was it, nothing else required to make it operational and it's been working great since. Correction, you do need to insert the batteries into the remote and turn the TV on before the channel setup will start.

There is one thing you need to know. The 22 inch model has only one HDMI connection, not three as stated on the web site. It appears you must buy the 26 inch model if you need more than one HDMI. I have no need for the one that it does have so I'm not down-rating the TV for this web site error.
on July 7, 2012
I bought this TV for my wife in the bedroom and it is perfect for that application. Its beautiful and bright. My only complaint is that in the "technical details" it claims to have 3 HDMI ports, but in fact it only has one. I was really disappointed to discover this upon arrival because that was a selling feature for me. According to the paperwork, the 26" and up versions have the 3 HDMI.
on May 25, 2012
I was looking to replace the tv in my daughter's bedroom. She is only 3 years old. I am familiar with the Philips brand because we already owned a 32" and a 60". I thought it was best to stick with what I knew. When this arrived I was pleased and surprised. The tv has touch sensors on it instead of buttons. Sound quality is good and it is even slimer than the other tvs in the house. I don't think there is anything to complain about.
on August 30, 2012
Set up was a breeze...replaced an older tube TV in the bedroom with this.

Color is excellent and it is very very energy efficient. $4 a year running 6 hours a day, which is way more than I'll run.

Reason I bought was that it was 1080 instead of the 720 generally available in this price range.

UPDATE

Have had this TV for several months now. It continues to amaze me with the color and clarity. Sound could be better, but generally speaking not watching big movies with this. Did have the opportunity to catch the Monday night football game on this and was great. Recommend this for anyone looking for a quality, fairly priced system
on January 11, 2013
I hung this TV on the wall of my exercise room. So far the picture is great. The speakers of the TV are pointed down and it seems since it is hanging on the wall the sound has nothing to bounce off of so it is very quiet. I have to turn the volume up very high to get decent level. If i put my hand under the speaker it seems to get louder. So I would not recommend this TV if you are hanging it on a wall. Also the TV only has 1 HDMI port (the description when I bought it said 2).
on May 29, 2012
I bought this TV to go in my bedroom and connect to a Roku XD|S and I have to say it works great. The picture is great, sound isn't what you'd expect from a stereo but it is quite good for TV speakers, the remote and menus are easy to use and understand, and the TV isn't heavy and quite thin. For the price and size you can't find a much better TV. (Note: I can't comment on the tuner function as I'm not using that but I don't see any reason why that would be a problem)

I do want to add that when I first hooked this up I did have some frustrating issues with it constantly saying my Roku player was giving it a resolution that it could not support. I was using the same HDMI cable that I was using to connect my Roku to a HANNSpree monitor which was working fine. I also noticed that when I power cycled my Roku the TV would display the startup screen but once the menu loaded it gave me either the resolution error or a blue screen. I tried adjusting every setting possible and was really close to giving up. As a last ditch effort (and fullt convinced that it wasn;t going to help) I used another HDMI cable to go from the Roku to the new TV and amazingly that solved the problem. It still kind of confuses me as to why the old HDMI cable worked fine going from my Roku to the HANNSpree but not to this Phillips TV but I don't see any way that this is the fault of the TV. The old HDMI cable was a lighter weight and the only thing that I can assume is that since I am using conduit for the power and HDMI cable and the monitor had a thicker power cable than this TV does there is more interference in the conduit that affected the lighter weight HDMI cable. Again, none of this is the fault of the TV but I wanted to add it in case anyone else ran into similar issues with this or another TV. If you're having issues make sure you are using a heavy weight HDMI cable (you don't need to buy an expensive one, just one that has good insulation) and if you are running your HDMI cable and power cable in the same conduit try taking it out of the conduit just to verify before you blame the TV.

Overall this is a great little TV for a bedroom and if you're looking for something in this size you'll be more than satisfied.
on January 13, 2013
I bought this TV as a monitor for the kids' computer. It seems fairly sturdy, and the picture is nice and sharp. When it didn't display all of the desktop for the computer, one of the kids' friends figured out that the TV itself has settings that took care of that. Very versitile for a basic TV. The sound is somewhat lacking - it is clear, but with not much in the way of bass. I guess that is what you would expect from a TV. Overall, I am happy with this TV, both for its brief use as a television (picked up channels quickly and clearly), and for its day to day use as a computer monitor.
on July 1, 2013
I'm a college student who was looking for a TV to put in my dorm room that didn't need to be large or expensive, so after a little research I was drawn to this TV. Now, Philips isn't Samsung or Toshiba, but they have quality products, and I decided to go for it. The TV has good quality and isn't too large or heavy (it shouldn't be, it's a 22-inch after all) and was a perfect fit for my dorm room without being excessive or a pain to move around. Something I found pretty neat was the touch controls on front, which are nice and responsive, while the remote is fairly simple and easy to use as well. The sound is definitely adequate in small, quiet environments but in medium or large rooms it is somewhat lacking, as the speakers face upwards and slightly away from the viewer.

Connections: The biggest problem with this TV is the lack of HDMI-supported PC connection. This TV is currently a secondary monitor for my laptop and works just fine, but it only connects with a VGA cable despite having an HDMI connection. This only works for auxiliary devices but I haven't had a problem with it so far. My Gamecube is also connected to it and works perfectly, but there aren't enough video/audio ports for anything else to connect. However, it does have a USB port for cameras and the such for slideshows, although I haven't used that yet. Also, it has a standard audio out jack in case you need to plug in headphones or external speakers (my computer speakers worked perfectly to watch the Super Bowl with awesome sound).

If you're looking for a pretty good quality HDTV for a good price, then I would recommend it for sure. If you need one with PC connectivity via HDMI, then it might not be the best for you, but a VGA cable still works. All in all, a good TV.

Edit: Well, here's to not testing things out and writing reviews on them. Turns out this TV does support HDMI connectivity with a computer, I just assumed it didn't because the description never explicitly stated so. It works just fine with my Dell Latitude XT3 and my friend's Fujitsu (some kind of lifebook convertible) so I assume it will work with the majority of them out there. I would recommend this even more than before now that I know this!
on November 5, 2012
Actually this is my 4th Philips LCD TV TV; all are still working when I've had failures with HDTVs by Toshiba, Samsung, Magnavox, and ViewSonic. My original attraction to the brand was their reasonable price combined with quality pictures and sound, and they seem to continue to meet that standard. On this model, I particularly like having touch controls on the front of the TV (convenient), the LED back lighting (longer life), a digital sound output (I attached it to Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System), and the thin design with a small frame (less blocked visual space). As another reviewer pointed out, this 22 inch model only has 1 HDMI input (Amazon, you should correct your ad, which says 3!!), but that was all that I needed, using it to provide an extra monitor for my computer. I'm getting my HD TV inputs through the component connections from a TiVo 50 feet away, using a pair of baluns and cat 5 cable, which work great with this TV...this connection did not work with the previous Toshiba 24L4200U 24-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED TV (Black) I tried, and had to send it back to Amazon. The fact this TV only offers 720p screen resolution is not a problem for me; even at the only 3 ft distance that I watch the TV, it is nearly impossible to distinguish it from 1080p on a 22 inch screen. In addition, analog channels that I created for a 2nd TiVo and Roku, using an old video distribution system, are very clear and noise free, which may also be of interest to those that still get analog channels over cable. After a month of use, I couldn't be happier.