5.0 out of 5 stars A LCD that Will not disappoint
I purchased this TV from Wal-Mart for the low price of $425. This TV looks and sounds awesome. I have it hooked into my PS3 with the HDMI and the games look crisp and beautiful my only complaint is in brighter scenes with lots of motion just on games you can see some fuzzy edges but with some adjustment this goes away.

The Good:
Easy to use menus and set...
Published on December 31, 2009 by redeyesniper

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV-Need a better remote.
Published on April 27, 2009 by Moodies forever

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice TV-Need a better remote., April 27, 2009
This review is from: Philips 32PFL3504D/F7 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (Electronics)
Recently purchased this TV. It must be a brand new model in the Philips 3000 series, as info is hard to come by. On high definition signal I am quite pleased with the set. Nice black levels with detail. Good face tones(Caucasian or Black) that are not green tinted by background green in the picture. Dennis Haybert looked great on The Unit. Digital tuner receives ALL local Digital signal in the KC area. Setup menu is easy to use with all major adjustments included.

Now the bad. Fuzzy, out of focus standard def from my satelitte. The S-Video jack produces a double image, much like ghosts on anolog over the air reception. The remote is just OK. It is small, dark colored and the labeling is useless for anyone who does not have perfect vision.

Overrall happy as most(95%) of my signals on DirecTV are HD. Would recommend to someone with mostly HD signals.

UPDATE: I returned this TV and exchanged straight up for a Vizio VW32l. I returned it because at times the face tones often took on cartoon like colorations, mostly on SD but occasionally on HD also. The Vizio is overall a better TV. Much better on Standard Def and only very slightly inferior on HD. Sorry that my initial review was overly opimistic.

5.0 out of 5 stars A LCD that Will not disappoint, December 31, 2009
This review is from: Philips 32PFL3504D/F7 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (Electronics)

The Good:
Easy to use menus and set up.
Great Picture quality for 720p (looks just as good as my friends Sony if not better)
The sound is loud and well balanced.
It looks nice and sleek
Comes with a stand

The bad:
The remote is ugly and the buttons are too small. (Buy a universal and this is fixed)
Depending on the channel you have to adjust the screen colors sometimes. (No auto adjust)

Games:
This TV looks great when I play My PS3 Modern Warfare 2 looks amazing as well as Fallout 3.

Wii also looks very nice up on the screen in wide screen mode.

Summary and last thought:

This TV is not the Top of the line by any means and should not be rated and compared as such. It's like comparing Apples to Cell Phones it can't be done.
But as for what this TV is it is a great deal and for those of us on a budget it cannot be beat

9/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Picture Quality, May 21, 2010
This review is from: Philips 32PFL3504D/F7 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (Electronics)
Bought this TV 2 weeks ago, very satisfied with this TV.
Pros:
1 very good picture quality.
2 for $300, it has all types of inputs, I can connect all my video source to it without problem.
Cons:
1 Sound is not a pro level.
2 The base can not be rotated. not very convenient if you want to watch it from different angles.
3 Poor remote control.
A 4.5 star is adequate for this TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great deal & great quality !!, May 29, 2010
This review is from: Philips 32PFL3504D/F7 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (Electronics)
I can't complain one bit about this television. I had first bought a Sylvania 720p TV at Target, but it had a defective HDMI slot, so I returned it. Am I glad I did!! I saw this Philips model for $40 more and decided to go with it instead.

Setup was simple....it took about five minutes to screw on the base (the only tool you will need is a small Phillip's head screwdriver), connect a DVD player, cable line, and HDMI cable. It worked right the very 1st time. And also, unlike the Sylvania model, there is a Comcast universal remote code for the Philips TV.

The sound is OK...not the best in the world...but it works & sounds decent in stereo programming....

Definitely check it out!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips is a Quality TV, August 16, 2010
This review is from: Philips 32PFL3504D/F7 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (Electronics)
I bought the Philips 32" LCD TV for my sister. She just retired and wanted HDTV, so this was a great start for her. This 32" was recertified, but I have the 42" of the same style (new) for over 2 years and it was great from day one. The 32" proved to be just what my sister needed and is excellent. We wanted quality and got it in this TV. They should last for a long time. Sound is mediocre, but I haven't seen a built in stereo worth anything yet in LCD TV's. Lots of hookups on back to straighten that out, though!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but solid., November 20, 2009
This review is from: Philips 32PFL3504D/F7 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (Electronics)
This television is wonderful for those who do not wish to spend a large amount on a decent size television. Even though it was only $400, this Philips 32 inch is very solid. I love the picture quality and I consider it better than most Vizio's. Colors are great and its very crisp and sharp. The only downside to the TV is the audio. They could have done a way better job with that. Luckily, I use my home theater system so it's of no bother to me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, December 25, 2010
D. Hardaway "dhardawa" (Louisville, KY United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Philips 32PFL3504D/F7 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (Electronics)
I purchased this for my daughter for Christmas. Christmas Eve I pulled it out of the box and plugged it in to make sure everything was working. To my horror, there was this annoying buzzing sound that wouldn't go away. I went to the Philips website only to find that this is a known issue and there is supposedly a firmware fix to solve it. I downloaded all the new firmware and it did nothing to help the buzzing. It is now 11:00 pm on Christmas Eve and I have a defective television. I searched all over the web and was shocked to see how common this issue is. In most cases, Philips wants the owner to ship the television back to them and be without it for about a month. What a fun Christmas present that would have been! I finally found a review that said the person was able to get rid of the buzzing by turning off the energy saving feature. Out of desperation, I tried this and instantly the buzzing was gone. (Why Philips wouldn't include this when they have a FAQ specifically for getting rid of the buzzing/humming, I don't know.) I do notice that when I change the channel, in the few seconds it takes for the picture to come up, there is buzzing, but once the picture displays, it is gone. I hope it stays gone. I'm very concerned about this television and won't be buying Philips again.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent picture, May 28, 2009
This review is from: Philips 32PFL3504D/F7 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (Electronics)
Bought this tv at costco and for comparison bought a smilarly priced Sanyo from walmart. The picture and sound on this TV especially HDTV is much better than Sanyo. Remote is not that friendly,but overall its a great buy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good image for an HD TV, December 29, 2009
fbara (Oswego, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips 32PFL3504D/F7 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (Electronics)
I have the same problem an earlier poster had, bad video coloring in HD. It's especially notable on faces. I have 2 other HD tv's, Vizio 720p and Sony 1080p, and get my video from DishNetwork in HD. Neither of these other tv's have this problem and they all share the same video feed (HDMI connection from DishNetwork ViP722).

I'm fairly versed in TV tech so I went thru the video settings and tried to tweak them to get rid of the 'cartoonish' look, but I couldn't find an acceptable setting. I reset everything to the default settings and it was still there.

I did a lot of research before finally buying this set at Walmart for $400 (price match against a sale unit at Target) and almost all reviewers praised its picture quality. I was very surprised and disappointed to find the image quality so poor. I will return it to Walmart and pick up a Vizio instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy This Product, October 23, 2010
This review is from: Philips 32PFL3504D/F7 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV (Electronics)
I bought this tv on August 2, 2009, and it stopped working on July 16, 2010. I would turn the tv on, and it would stay on for about 10 seconds before it would turn itself off. It did not have a picture during this time. I called customer service, and they told me that it was already out of warranty. Customer service had the wrong purchase date, but they were very helpful and replaced the tv for me. On October 23, 2010, the replacement tv turned itself off. The only thing the tv does now is ring when I plug it up. The tv will not even come on. I notified customer service, and they are not as helpful this time. They are reviewing the situation, and they will be giving me a call in a couple of days. I wish that I never purchased this product!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›