Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 3, 2013
This TV had all the features that we were looking for and we use this in a bedroom. Picture is good from all angles and the sound is excellent. Apps and Wi-Fi are good too. Have yet to download and utilize the special Phillips PC (computer capability). The only Con for me is having to Navigate through the remote control features to set the sleep timer. Was spoiled by our previous JVC TV, it had a direct button on the remote for sleep timer.
on August 10, 2013
It's a little tricky to get the wireless connect setup but it certainly is an awesome tv/ monitor! Amazon Tech Support is A #1 !!!

I honestly would NOT buy Philips brand ANYTHING unless it's thru Amazon.com. Philips has ZERO customer concern and does not even attempt to fix any problems with any of their products! Philips simply tries to give it's customers excuses, delays, and hopes you just give up dealing w/ them and go away.
on January 24, 2015
Very disappointed in Phillips, no app for Amazon prime. Not a Smart tv at all. Drops the Wi-Fi often and even though we have high speed internet it stops to load during watching. All the other devices we have work great, only the Phillips Smart Tv has problems. Piece of junk.
on February 2, 2014
Unit was easy to set up, and does what is says it will do I consider it a smart TV, and it works well with Netflex, and I have set up a wireless connection to my PC, so I can use the TV screen when I need a larger format.
on March 9, 2014
Short answer: Get a dumb TV and a Roku 3.

Here's the longer story... The idea was to buy a TV for the bedroom that would play Netflix, Hulu and other apps. In our living room, we have a Roku and like the options it offers. So, that was the plan.

While pricing out this or that, and debating "smart" and definition, the advice from my friends was to think about what I'd want in three years. As I was going for a "neat" appearance in a bedroom that defies easy installation, the "smart" option seemed to take one of my concerns off the table. And, the Phillips, while not rated as high as Samsung products, seemed good enough.

It came quickly and was intact. The TV looks nice and the image is okay. I hate the feel of the remote--feels flimsy, but functional.

You need to know--Phillips is cagey about the definition of the image. 780? 1080? At first blush, it lead me to believe that this is a 1080. Be aware, this is a 780. I don't mind (although the advice to look three years into the future haunts me), but when comparing prices it does matter. Apples to apples.

I had bought a mounting kit that works well with my other, larger TV--it consists of two vertical metal bars that attach/hang to/on two horizontal bars screwed into the wall. Phillips' mount holes are, oddly, not very spread out in the back. This means the two vertical bars are about four inches apart, and I was worried about twisting (in the end, it's okay). But, those mount holes cause the bars to cover a few of the rear ports. If you are going to plug an Ethernet cable in (and another input), beware of the mount you choose! I was not going to use them, so I proceeded.

You also need to know that the Roku has soooo many more apps. Phillips has Netflix and Hulu, and I was glad to see YouTube on there. I guess assumed, like Roku, you could add other apps. Nope. My fault for assuming. We use Amazon Prime a lot, plus have been using the PBS app for missed episodes of this or that. This "smart" TV didn't have those, so an evening of Downton Abbey meant time on the couch instead of the bed. Know that your apps are limited by whatever deal the "smart" TV maker has (this is true for all brands).

The deal breaker was that the TV kept dropping our WiFi signal. Not while watching (which would be annoying), but every time we turned it off. Fail. The first week was okay, but the second it happened daily. Each time I would turn on the TV there would be no signal and I'd have to go through the whole process of finding my network, typing in my code and waiting. This is not the relaxing way I want to end my day right before dropping off.

Amazon tech was helpful. They walked me through a number of things very patiently. After resetting and trying other things, the tech guy made an appointment to follow up with me. He was good at admitting his limitations, but was also very aware that my 30 day return window was closing and seemed to just want me to be satisfied. Thank you, tech guy! Unfortunately, we couldn't get it to be that "smart". When I called the next day, the different tech guy was also great, aware of my approaching return window, and laid out a number of options--replacement or return. But, in our conversation, he offered a third option--keep the now "dumb" TV I had and they'd give me a credit (20% of the TV price) towards a Roku, making my dumb TV smart again without everyone having to jump through the millions of hoops it takes to make the other options happen. And, I get my apps. Win-win.

If the TV was "dumb" to begin with (and priced accordingly), I'd give this four starts. Decent set. Lousy remote. The tech guy said that "smart" TVs tend to have low-end wifi receivers and the electronics of the TV creates a bit of interference--a bad combo, which is why I recommend a Roku that you can set up a few feet from the TV itself.
on April 29, 2014
This TV has a beautiful, clear picture and easy to use controls. The Sound is awesome! It does just what it says it does and it does it well. I bought this for under $250 at BJ's and am very pleased with my purchase.
Edit: I took off one star because there are no screws included to mount the TV on a wall mount. The holes are tiny & small; metric screws are needed. VERY frustrating!!!!
on March 31, 2015
Nice! I bought it for the DLNA feature. Plays videos fine. Only down-side is that it doesn't provide the option to "loop" the playlist.